Red Badges

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Don7601
New
Drives: 2015 GTi

Red Badges

Post by Don7601 »

Can anyone point in the right direction where I can source red GTI badges (front and rear) for the wife's 6C please.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

MattAlderson
New
Drives: 2017 gti

Re: Red Badges

Post by MattAlderson »

Don7601 wrote:Can anyone point in the right direction where I can source red GTI badges (front and rear) for the wife's 6C please.

There was some on ebay last time I checked mate [emoji106]

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Don7601
New

Post by Don7601 »

Thanks mate. I've been on there and there's loads of options. Ideally I'd like them to be the same size and font and avoid any issues with the front one fitting.

Do most folks use OE ones from another model??

MattAlderson
New

Post by MattAlderson »

Don7601 wrote:Thanks mate. I've been on there and there's loads of options. Ideally I'd like them to be the same size and font and avoid any issues with the front one fitting.

Do most folks use OE ones from another model??

I'm not entirely sure tbh, might be worth taking the front one off and measuring it and checking the red ones measurements online.
I would like the red ones on mine but don't fancy taking the back ones off, just incase I put the red ones on in the wrong place lol.

But the ones on ebay look the same fitment and font.

Don7601
New

Post by Don7601 »

Thanks fella. They're only a tenner so nothing to lose.

As for fitting the rear. I was thinking of masking around the original badge then removing. That should leave a template for fitting the new one [emoji106]

MattAlderson
New

Post by MattAlderson »

Yeah thats true and yeah good idea I might just do that [emoji106]

SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Badge skins are another option;

http://www.badgeskins.com/polo.html
peter_dk25
Silver Member
Drives: Blue GT

Post by peter_dk25 »

joe6
Bronze Member
Drives: Golf Mk6 GTI (Scirocco gone) Polo 6c GTI

Post by joe6 »

If you but OEM ones for MKVII GTI - about £25 on ebay and the same size - they are stuck on the backing paper with the correct spacing so just peel off as you fit them and get the correct spacing on the car.
Willni
Silver Member
Drives: Polo '14 6R, Golf 07' Edition 30

Post by Willni »

For correct spacing you can use EKTA they have the dimensions on them, or take masking tape mask around the badge and in between and then remove. Use a caramel wheel to remove any residue from previous badge, then replace lettering.

My advice don't be stingy when it comes to badges etc they're ridiculous prices i will admit but the £5-£10 one have only ever lasted me 6 months. Some people spray halfords lacquer over them but by that stage it's £17 and you're only really saving £8 which will probably chip.
Don7601
New

Post by Don7601 »

Thanks everyone. Think I'll get my local dealer to price me up on some golf7 gti PP badges.

pipsyp
Getting There!
Drives: Pure White 6C GTi 3 door manual

Post by pipsyp »

Badgeskins are great. Take a while to arrive as they come posted from Canada but v good laser cut 3M vinyl.

Fitted mine in moments, just have to take care to get them sitting on the badge right.

So far the only issue ive had is that the tiniest corner of the rear "I" has chipped off but you have to be right up close to the car to notice it. Ironically the front one is still just perfect.

I prefer the skins as if needs be they can be removed and take the car back to silver badges if needs be.....or repurchased from Badgeskins if they ever get too grotty....going by the state of mine they'll last an age. Also you then dont need to bugger about removing and refitting badges with the spacing challenges that involves.

I will also note that the red on the actual OEM badges is an inlay which can also detach from the badge itself....not much different to badgeskins really.
olly_gc
New
Drives: 6r 1.2 TSI

Post by olly_gc »

pipsyp wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 10:43 am Badgeskins are great. Take a while to arrive as they come posted from Canada but v good laser cut 3M vinyl.

Fitted mine in moments, just have to take care to get them sitting on the badge right.

So far the only issue ive had is that the tiniest corner of the rear "I" has chipped off but you have to be right up close to the car to notice it. Ironically the front one is still just perfect.

I prefer the skins as if needs be they can be removed and take the car back to silver badges if needs be.....or repurchased from Badgeskins if they ever get too grotty....going by the state of mine they'll last an age. Also you then dont need to bugger about removing and refitting badges with the spacing challenges that involves.

I will also note that the red on the actual OEM badges is an inlay which can also detach from the badge itself....not much different to badgeskins really.
How long did they take to come mate? Just order a red TSI skin.
pipsyp
Getting There!
Drives: Pure White 6C GTi 3 door manual

Post by pipsyp »

A little while...the guy is based in Canada. I think he posts them straightaway via Canada Mail but it then takes a few weeks for the snail mail to arrive.

Really like the product and to me made more sense than buying the badges. Ive had mine on the car for several months now....only one skin has a slight chip out of a corner and you really have to look close at it to notice. Ironically its the badge on my tailgate thats chipped..the one on the front grille is perfect.