New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by barrywi »

Only a bit jealous... :(
alandbess
Bronze Member
Drives: Scirocco

Post by alandbess »

joeknight94 wrote:Mine has just got to UK Port, I believe this to be the first batch of RHD Polo GTI's in the country (the press launch cars are on this boat!)
I have a guy called Andrew Chapple who is going to do a full video review of the car on UK roads so I will put up a link for you guys to view and see the car in RHD guise and how it performs on UK roads!

Photos will follow as soon as it lands on site here in sunny Burton On Trent!

Cheers,

Joe
Volkswizard.....
He's a good lad. He's from Bromsgrove way

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

joeknight94
New
Drives: Polo GTI+ DSG

Post by joeknight94 »

I'm a little bit jealous someone has already got their Polo GTI Plus :( mine was supposed to be built week 11 but it didn't actually go into production until way after that strangely and then it was held back for "extensive quality checks" so maybe that's why? Mine has a few more options so maybe thats why it was held back a bit too! Looks great in RHD though, so excited to get mine now!

Cheers,

Joe
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Post by mike sel »

joeknight94 wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 11:08 pm Mine has just got to UK Port, I believe this to be the first batch of RHD Polo GTI's in the country (the press launch cars are on this boat!)
I have a guy called Andrew Chapple who is going to do a full video review of the car on UK roads so I will put up a link for you guys to view and see the car in RHD guise and how it performs on UK roads!

Photos will follow as soon as it lands on site here in sunny Burton On Trent!

Cheers,

Joe
Nice I look forward to that review. There are a few here already, my local VW dealer had a white Polo GTI for sale that was a cancelled order, I know a few have posted that there VW dealers have one , but your right though the dealer guy at my VW showroom showed me the GTI and said this is a very rare car. He offered me a swap for the one I ordered (and had just been received by them but the bare bones not frills GTI is not for me. Now had it been the GTI+ I may have been tempted.
Last edited by mike sel on Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
joeknight94
New
Drives: Polo GTI+ DSG

Post by joeknight94 »

Yeah, I've specced mine up so I'm assuming that's why it didn't come first. I have Flash Red, Brescia's, Climate, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, Grey dash and Sat Nav so it sounds more specced up than the ones we've seen so far, it's landed at Grimsby with a current ETA to get to us on Tuesday 12th June but I really hope that comes forward!

Joe
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Post by mike sel »

joeknight94 wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:12 am Yeah, I've specced mine up so I'm assuming that's why it didn't come first. I have Flash Red, Brescia's, Climate, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, Grey dash and Sat Nav so it sounds more specced up than the ones we've seen so far, it's landed at Grimsby with a current ETA to get to us on Tuesday 12th June but I really hope that comes forward!

Joe
Im in Canada then so best of luck with the GTI the spec sounds great. Really like it, if im honest the 2l GTI is not for me. I would have loved the 1.5 evo DSG in the Polo, its a damn shame it is not available still I really think that engine & gearbox set up will be a killer in the polo.

I have settled for the SEL with 115 dsg + keyless, rear camera, driver mode, occupant protection, auto parking, Auto cruise, winter pack, blind spot. digital cockpit. I kind of attacked the spec list, missed off LEDs and sunroof, kind of regretting that now though.
rooneys
New
Drives: Golf gtd

Post by rooneys »

ordered mine on the 12th January. Grey, brescia, climate. Still no sign of a build date. The garage confirmed it will be on a 19 plate as the factory is on a two month shut down. Can't work out why other people are getting their cars when I ordered before them.
Dan34
Getting There!
Drives: GTI+

Post by Dan34 »

Finally got through to live chat after a few days of trying. Mine started being built on the 28th! Finally something is happening. They said it usually takes about a week to build.
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

rooneys wrote:ordered mine on the 12th January. Grey, brescia, climate. Still no sign of a build date. The garage confirmed it will be on a 19 plate as the factory is on a two month shut down. Can't work out why other people are getting their cars when I ordered before them.
you and me both!

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

loadswine
New
Drives: Golf 7.5 GTi Performance

Post by loadswine »

I was on to VW live chat , this morning and they confirmed that factory is shut down for 2 months and I couldn't expect notification of a build week until 6th August at the very earliest, when they plan on starting to build cars again, so looking like some time in 2019 for mine, which was ordered on 31st March.
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Dan34 wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:36 pm Finally got through to live chat after a few days of trying. Mine started being built on the 28th! Finally something is happening. They said it usually takes about a week to build.
How does the 28th (BW32?) of actual build start compare with build week expected on the tracker or what the dealer/VW UK indicated?

Just trying to gauge how much BW slippage might be going on.
Dan34
Getting There!
Drives: GTI+

Post by Dan34 »

monkeyhanger wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:14 pm
Dan34 wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:36 pm Finally got through to live chat after a few days of trying. Mine started being built on the 28th! Finally something is happening. They said it usually takes about a week to build.
How does the 28th (BW32?) of actual build start compare with build week expected on the tracker or what the dealer/VW UK indicated?

Just trying to gauge how much BW slippage might be going on.
Online tracker says my build should start next week but live chat have always said from the beginning when my build week got confirmed that it should start this week. So no slippage at the moment!
SHIPWRECKED
New
Drives: GTI +

Post by SHIPWRECKED »

Has anyone in the UK actually taken delivery of their GTI + yet? There have been some comments on here that seem to point that way but can anyone actually confirm? I’m only interested in the GTI + not the standard GTI model. My delivery date is indicated as mid Jan currently but has not been confirmed.
barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Post by barrywi »

See other thread from gti and plus owners
allye
Getting There!
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Post by allye »

Same here. Just had a return call from VW confirming the factory is shut and wont here anything until they open on 6th August. Ordered mine at end January and no build date. They say I am eligible for "support" from 18th June in the forM a car supplied by dealer (has not replied yet!!). I could sell my car now and use VW one if cost suitable. I have fully specked up my GTI+ with about 11 options so they have indicated NOT TO EXPECT IT THIS YEAR.