GTI and GTI plus owners experiences

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: GTI and GTI plus owners experiences

Post by SRGTD »

barrywi wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:33 pm
Cadwest wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:31 pm Looks like they’ve removed headlight washers and heated windscreen washers from the winter pack according to the VW car builder.
Both still listed as included in the brochure I just looked at.
It’s not unknown for VW brochures and price lists to contain errors and inaccuracies. In fact I’ve found they invariably do......😠

The Winter Pack content in the latest price list (dated 6 June) hasn’t been corrected, in spite of a number of forum members highlighting inconsistencies between the configurator and price list with VWCS and live chat during recent weeks. You would’ve hoped that communication within VW was effective enough so when inconsistencies such as this were pointed out, they’d get corrected. Sadly, it appears not to be the case.

Forum members with the winter pack have also confirmed their cars don’t have headlamp washers. Whether they have heated washer jets; who knows? We’ll find out when the winter weather arrives towards the end of the year.

I see the winter pack in the configurator is now described as ‘Winter Pack - Heated front seats’. I don’t think it was described that way before.
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

^ I should've taken VW to court when they put in the first MK7 Golf brochure out, stating "anti-tramping device" in the spec. Mine used to bounce all over off the line with more than 1/3 throttle.

Seems that the anti-tramping device was not having Bridgestone tyres, and mine came with them.

Anyone compared the 2 brochures (old and new) and price lists yet? Golf rear-view camera went up about 40%.
rfu6g3
New
Drives: Polo GTi+ 2018 (Hopefully this year)

Post by rfu6g3 »

The car looks good in red and I agree with the dash looks more grown up than the standard red. Is that screen standard or an upgrade?
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

rfu6g3 wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:56 am The car looks good in red and I agree with the dash looks more grown up than the standard red. Is that screen standard or an upgrade?
The Active Info Display (AID) digital dash is standard in the GTI+ and available as an extra cost option in all other Polo models, other than the entry level Polo S.
rfu6g3
New
Drives: Polo GTi+ 2018 (Hopefully this year)

Post by rfu6g3 »

SRGTD wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:26 am
rfu6g3 wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:56 am The car looks good in red and I agree with the dash looks more grown up than the standard red. Is that screen standard or an upgrade?
The Active Info Display (AID) digital dash is standard in the GTI+ and available as an extra cost option in all other Polo models, other than the entry level Polo S.
Awesome I went with the GTi+ so this should be standard. Car looks great does it drive well?
joeknight94
New
Drives: Polo GTI+ DSG

Post by joeknight94 »

350 miles in the car drives really well and is starting to loosen up nicely. Got a few slight vibrations of the door cards and dash which are being looked at under warranty next plus a slightly noisy suspension, hoping this isn't a widespread issue but I'm assuming it's because of it being one of the first RHD models constructed. Will let you guys know how I get on with that. Handling massively trumps on the 6C GTI, handles very much like it's bigger brother but also feels more nimble in the twisties than the Golf GTI and the older model (much lower centre of gravity).

A video review of my car will be going live later this week, filming it on Wednesday if any of you guys are interested?

Any questions, give me a shout!

Cheers, Joe
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

joeknight94 wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:03 pm 350 miles in the car drives really well and is starting to loosen up nicely. Got a few slight vibrations of the door cards and dash which are being looked at under warranty next plus a slightly noisy suspension, hoping this isn't a widespread issue but I'm assuming it's because of it being one of the first RHD models constructed. Will let you guys know how I get on with that. Handling massively trumps on the 6C GTI, handles very much like it's bigger brother but also feels more nimble in the twisties than the Golf GTI and the older model (much lower centre of gravity).

A video review of my car will be going live later this week, filming it on Wednesday if any of you guys are interested?

Cheers, Joe
Look forward to seeing your video Joe.

Can you confirm that the new Polo GTI / GTI+ doesn’t have independent rear suspension, but it has a torsion beam like the previous generation GTI. Thanks.
joeknight94
New

Post by joeknight94 »

[/quote]

Can you confirm that the new Polo GTI / GTI+ doesn’t have independent rear suspension, but it has a torsion beam like the previous generation GTI. Thanks.
[/quote]

Hi Mate, it's a beam as opposed to multi-link like on the Golf, but you can't tell a massive difference, they've really thought about the supension so it handles really tidily!
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

joeknight94 wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:12 pm

[/quote]

Hi Mate, it's a beam as opposed to multi-link like on the Golf, but you can't tell a massive difference, they've really thought about the supension so it handles really tidily!
[/quote]

Thanks Joe! 👍
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

joeknight94 wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:03 pm 350 miles in the car drives really well and is starting to loosen up nicely. Got a few slight vibrations of the door cards and dash which are being looked at under warranty next plus a slightly noisy suspension, hoping this isn't a widespread issue but I'm assuming it's because of it being one of the first RHD models constructed. Will let you guys know how I get on with that. Handling massively trumps on the 6C GTI, handles very much like it's bigger brother but also feels more nimble in the twisties than the Golf GTI and the older model (much lower centre of gravity).

Cheers, Joe
Joe,

If your suspension feels as harsh as it sounds, will be worth feeling ariund the rubber gaiters at the top of the front shocks to see if the transport pucks have been left in (happened to me with my MK7 Golf GTD).

Your car should loosen up at around 620 miles (1000km) because VW have a run-in program (have done on my last 2 VWs) that limits output and makes it hard to thrash - it'll be like someone has flicked a switch and given you more power.
joeknight94
New

Post by joeknight94 »

monkeyhanger wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:09 pm

Cheers, Joe
Joe,

If your suspension feels as harsh as it sounds, will be worth feeling ariund the rubber gaiters at the top of the front shocks to see if the transport pucks have been left in (happened to me with my MK7 Golf GTD).

Your car should loosen up at around 620 miles (1000km) because VW have a run-in program (have done on my last 2 VWs) that limits output and makes it hard to thrash - it'll be like someone has flicked a switch and given you more power.
We've checked and there is no pucks in there, car is booked in for 2 days next week so hopefully a fix on that. I'll let you know how I get on when it gets to 620 miles then!!
MrLems
New
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by MrLems »

Cadwest wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:31 pm
joeknight94 wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:53 pm
barrywi wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:12 pm Question for GTI and GTI + owners with winter pack.
Just checked the info sent to me after my order and headlamp washers were included in the winter pack. Does the car actually have them fitted?
Mine has a Winter Pack but no headlight washers, used to drive me mad on my old one, a freshly cleaned car getting sprayed with washer fluid... :roll:
Looks like they’ve removed headlight washers and heated windscreen washers from the winter pack according to the VW car builder.
I took delivery of my GTI + yesterday, and I can also confirm that the winter pack does NOT come with headlamp washers!
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

MrLems wrote:

Mine has a Winter Pack but no headlight washers, used to drive me mad on my old one, a freshly cleaned car getting sprayed with washer fluid... :roll:
Looks like they’ve removed headlight washers and heated windscreen washers from the winter pack according to the VW car builder.
I took delivery of my GTI + yesterday, and I can also confirm that the winter pack does NOT come with headlamp

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

we're paying for dieselgate
joeknight94
New

Post by joeknight94 »

monkeyhanger wrote:

Cheers, Joe
Joe,

Got the car over 620 miles tonight and oh my god! Talk about a change, car now gives full torque in 2nd where it was limiting it before. What a cool feature! I was literally so excited to hit that mileage I just drive around aimlessly just reach it and it was so worth it! [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Post by barrywi »

MrLems wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:16 pm

I took delivery of my GTI + yesterday, and I can also confirm that the winter pack does NOT come with headlamp washers!
My dealer reckons the lack of headlamp washers is due to them not being a legal requirement. VW assumed that the law would be the same for led headlamps as it is for discharge headlamps but for some reason it is not. VW fitted headlamp washers to the T Roc and during an update removed them as they realised they were not obliged to fit them by law. The same would apply to the Polo Gti .