New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by barrywi »

As far as VW know it could even be at Grimsby. How can they find its Vin number if they cannot even find the car? Not bothered about the delay so much as long as I get the car, but customer service is hopeless. I have let my dealer know the latest guesstimate from VW to see if they can dig deeper
Dan34
Getting There!
Drives: GTI+

Post by Dan34 »

I have a screenshot of the application my dealer uses to track my car. It has all the info about the car including the VIN number, engine number and model year version etc etc. It also has boxes for each stage the car goes through with the dates filled in when it hits each stage. I imagine all dealers will have this so no idea why some of you can't get the info you need. Keep on pestering your dealers is what I would do, they should have all the info.
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

Thanks for that I will chase them up later when I get home.
Dan34
Getting There!

Post by Dan34 »

Have attached a photo of mine from a few weeks back when my dealer contacted me with the screenshot.
Attachments
vw.jpg
Cadwest
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by Cadwest »

My car was built week 23 and the dealers have confirmed it’s definitely on the car carrier Grand Orion and should leave it’s present port in Angola tomorrow morning. They said the car is scheduled to be in the UK before the end of the month.
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Dan34 wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:29 am Just been informed that my GTI+ is on the ship Grand Orion which is currently docked in Angola. Glad the car is finally on the move!
Is yours a BW23 like mine and Barry's?

Anyone heard anymore about the compensation/discount for being forced to register by Aug 15th?
Dan34
Getting There!

Post by Dan34 »

monkeyhanger wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:42 pm
Dan34 wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:29 am Just been informed that my GTI+ is on the ship Grand Orion which is currently docked in Angola. Glad the car is finally on the move!
Is yours a BW23 like mine and Barry's?

Anyone heard anymore about the compensation/discount for being forced to register by Aug 15th?
Yep mine was BW23 also.
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

Got a similar confirmation of which boat mine is on now, despite previous wrong information.
It is on the Grand Orion which leaves the Angola port in the morning and the schedule suggests it will be in the UK by the end of the month. It will be interesting to see if that ship is destined to stop anywhere on the way, should know when it sails.
Cadwest
Bronze Member

Post by Cadwest »

My local dealer also told that at the moment no car in the UK will have a 68 plate in September and that the first ones will only leave the forecourt in October, not sure if this is correct but he was pretty adamant on this.
roywolfey
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo GTI +

Post by roywolfey »

monkeyhanger wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:42 pm Anyone heard anymore about the compensation/discount for being forced to register by Aug 15th?
Curious as to the significance of August 15th?
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

Not sure why it is the 15 th but all non compliant ( with the new mpg regulations) cars have to be registered by then and cannot be held for 68 reg. A lot of manufacturers have not completed the new mpg tests, so looks like not many 68 reg cars on the road after Sept 1st.
Not had any firm offers of compensation for this yet but figures of £500 to £750 have been mentioned in VW emails. I will be going into the dealers half way through July to get this sorted.
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Post by mike sel »

Cadwest wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:24 pm My local dealer also told that at the moment no car in the UK will have a 68 plate in September and that the first ones will only leave the forecourt in October, not sure if this is correct but he was pretty adamant on this.

Yep I reported exactly that on here 4+ weeks ago. When I collected my SEL 1st June I was told there will be no cars registered as a 68 plate that were manufactured pre 31 august. At the time we did not know the factory was shutting down for 2 months. I asked if it was worth me waiting until 1st Sept to collect my car and that's why he told me to just get on pick it up. He said even if I picked it up in Dec it would have to be registered as an 18 plate.
Cadwest
Bronze Member

Post by Cadwest »

Yep Mike I think what he was getting at was even if the car meets WLTP emissions it still has to be built after 1st of September to get a 68 plate.
Cadwest
Bronze Member

Post by Cadwest »

Grand Orion is sailing to Spain next due in on the 14th.
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

Hurrah! Get your foot down Mr Orion!