New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
MattHGR
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI+

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by MattHGR »

PilotRoss91 wrote:
PoloGIT+ wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:36 pm Snap! I didn’t go for voice either, not convinced they work yet... Our cars will almost be twins, save for the fact I went with Limestone Grey not Blue [emoji1]
I actually just changed my order to Limestone today after seeing some photos of one! :D
I nearly went for limestone as well !
Saw some polos in Majorca a couple of weeks ago in the full sun. Absolutely stunning colour.

Sent from my SM-N9500 using Tapatalk

PoloGIT+
Getting There!
Drives: 2019 Polo GTI+

Post by PoloGIT+ »

PilotRoss91 wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:58 pm
PoloGIT+ wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:36 pm Snap! I didn’t go for voice either, not convinced they work yet... Our cars will almost be twins, save for the fact I went with Limestone Grey not Blue 😄
I actually just changed my order to Limestone today after seeing some photos of one! :D
Amazing! Our cars will be proper twinsies! 😄😄😄
barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Post by barrywi »

Do not get disheartend with the delay. Ordered mine on Feb 10 th, probably in England now but VW are useless at keeping you informed. Get a ship tracker if you are keen once they actually start making Polos again.
Nora
Bronze Member
Drives: A polo

Post by Nora »

I spoke to the dealer yesterday, which I have been doing on a monthly basis, and they are in the dark as I am, I currently haven’t agreed a trade in price due to the long lead time, but may get around to doing so once the build week is confirmed. I informed him my current 2010 6R tdi polo is due major service + belt in 30 days, but without an agreement for the trade in they say they have no room to negotiate when it comes to good will gestures because VW uk are unlikely to reimburse them, and it’s been suggested that I get them to do the belt (with a price of £400 :shock: ) then service the car myself, and resetting the SRI myself using the VCDS software I have, a job I have done in the past. But that does leave me free of tie with regard to any trade in
Leif
Silver Member
Drives: SE 95 PS

Post by Leif »

You could always get the belt done at a decent indie. I tried to get my Up belt done locally but he said he would need to buy a special £200 VW specific tool, so it wasn't worth it for him.
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

Just got notification of our car arriving in the uk. Feb 10 th ordered, two more weeks ish until dealer gets it.
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

barrywi wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:33 am Just got notification of our car arriving in the uk. Feb 10 th ordered, two more weeks ish until dealer gets it.
Tyne are usually pretty quick at turning cars around. I have had cars 3 days after docking before (albeit to Newcastle Sunderland and Durham dealers). Might only be a week to get to dealers.
Dan34
Getting There!

Post by Dan34 »

Might car is due to arrive at the dealers today so i've been told! Just need to sort a collection date now! The end is near....
Nora
Bronze Member
Drives: A polo

Post by Nora »

Leif wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:15 am You could always get the belt done at a decent indie. I tried to get my Up belt done locally but he said he would need to buy a special £200 VW specific tool, so it wasn't worth it for him.
A local indie has quoted me £364, but I suspect both the indie and the stealer hasn’t factored in the possibility of needing a new water pump which was also changed last time the belt was changed, but I’ll clarify if the stealer will include the pump.
The stealer who is only 5 miles away has also agreed to collect it from where I’ll store it, do the job and return my current car while I’m away on holiday. Whereas the indie is 15 miles away and doesn’t have any specific means to collect the car to fit around my holiday plans.

Ive ordered the engine oil, got the filters so I should be able to do the engine oil change, reset the SRI etc this weekend.
Ironically I do have the tools to do the belt myself, but with a new contract at work finding time would be difficult, which is why I’m having it done while I’m away on holiday
Dan34
Getting There!

Post by Dan34 »

Well after ordering my Reef Blue Polo GTI+ on the 22nd of February I am booked in to collect it on Friday! The long wait is almost over. Apologies in advance if I spam the forum with photo's after I've collected it....
MattHGR
Bronze Member

Post by MattHGR »

Dan34 wrote:Well after ordering my Reef Blue Polo GTI+ on the 22nd of February I am booked in to collect it on Friday! The long wait is almost over. Apologies in advance if I spam the forum with photo's after I've collected it....
I want every photo you have !
The more the better [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-N9500 using Tapatalk

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

I've just had a repeat of Saturday's tracker stage 6 confirmation this morning - anyone else? Wonder whether that means it has cleared customs or has left the dock?
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

I only got my arrived in the uk notification yesterday, but no repeat( yet) They had a glitch once before when I got two notifications a week or so apart that the car had been made. Nothing surprises me about VW any more. Waiting to see if my dealer has got any discount yet at his final attempt. VW have offered a reduction in the price of the winter pack , which they should as half of it is not there. They seem to be very un sympathetic re the lack of chance for 68 registration , saying the car was always supposed to be here before Sept, conveniently forgetting the original potential arrival date of May/June has not been met . Also no mention of the WLTP fiasco implications.
VW made the mistake of sending me a survey about the quality of their customer relations, I bet they do not read past the first zero out of ten score.
Theoretically the car should be at the dealers in a couple of weeks or less, I shall examine it very carefully for any imperfections. More posts here for updates as I get them.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Barrywi:

I just wondered whether this doubling up of notifications means logging the start and end of the process that's being notified e.g. stage 6 notification 1 is for landing in the UK and stage 6 notification 2 is for the car clearing customs and/or awaiting a ride to the dealership. Most likely it is just a glitch but it has happened at a few stages now.

Have you been on to VWUK directly to discuss their imposition of you having to take the car on an 18 plate? It will almost certainly get you nowhere, but at least you can say you tried.

Was the satisfaction survey for VW UK or meant to represent the dealership interaction?

The dealerships rely heavily on a good customer satisfaction score - group discounts on top tier of satisfaction rating are around the same level as top volume discounts.
barrywi
Gold Member

Post by barrywi »

Not sure about the notifications. The complaints I have made were to VW customer service and were not criticising the dealer.
The dealer has been great, I have known the salesman for many years and he has emailed me copies of emails he has sent to VW and their replies. If you pm me with your email I can forward them to you.
I will try VW direct as a last resort and as you say if you do not ask you do not get.I am in touch with Cadwest who lives not too far away by email as he is expecting his Gti very soon as well. Glad to help in any way.