Anyone leased a GTI

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Rangersmith
New
Drives: VW Polo 1.4 GT

Anyone leased a GTI

Post by Rangersmith »

Just wondered if anyone has had any experience with leasing (personal not company) a Polo GTI?
I'm weighing up my options at moment on if it would be worth it? and if so which lease car company to use. have heard some stories online about leasing companies which don't deliver or you end up with the wrong spec
I am Currently not employed (due to long term elbow problem which could go on for many months. Hence the need for an auto)
so can't do pcp (would fail credit check because of not working but have very good credit history) but I do have enough money saved up to lease a car.

thanks
TElwoody
Bronze Member
Drives: VW Polo 2018

Re: Anyone leased a GTI

Post by TElwoody »

Have you tried applying for a PCP at all, you'll be surprised how far some companies (especially car companies) will overlook stuff like that, even if you tell them straight up. Although I really would not recommend it obviously, due to the lack of income and your injury. Please do take others advice too buddy 🙂

Source; being some research I heard had been done, at the time I cross checked it with other research.
broberty
New
Drives: Polo GTI

Post by broberty »

I've leased my GTI. It came sooner than estimated. Delivered on a truck to my door, 11 miles on the clock.
The company I used is gb vehicle leasing. Spec as matched as expected.
10,000 miles a year, 2 year contract.
Fox1429
Getting There!
Drives: GTI

Post by Fox1429 »

broberty wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:21 pm I've leased my GTI. It came sooner than estimated. Delivered on a truck to my door, 11 miles on the clock.
Do you mind me asking how much it cost (initial payment and monthly)?
broberty
New
Drives: Polo GTI

Post by broberty »

Fox1429 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:44 pm
broberty wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:21 pm I've leased my GTI. It came sooner than estimated. Delivered on a truck to my door, 11 miles on the clock.
Do you mind me asking how much it cost (initial payment and monthly)?
~£2k initial. £230 / month. I specced brescia and active info.
Gavla
New
Drives: Gti+ on order

Post by Gavla »

I have sourced a Polo GTI+ on a lease, ordered early April and still awaiting a build week!
There were some really good deals on recently, a wise business man once told me to never own a depreciating asset, I have leased ever since!
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

You and "Monkeyhanger" should do well together 8)
Gavla
New

Post by Gavla »

???
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Gavla wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:44 pm???
It's a compliment - means you're blessed with common sense! Just wait for the complimentary pms that may head your way

Lets do the sums:

GTI is £21520 RRP + about £850 on the options you chose, making it about £19750 after a healthy (12%) discount. GFV is £10938 (the minimum it is guaranteed to be worth after 3 years), add in 35 x £286 a month PCP payments suggested and take the £1588 needed for the PCP deposit and spread it over the term (x 1.15 to take interest owed to that £1588 into account), you end up with the equivalent of 36 monthly payments of £329 (£11836 paid out over 3 years).

Your lease deal is £7290 (£2000 + (23 x £230)) over 24 months, the equivalent of a flat £304 per month.

In your case, leasing beats PCPing hands down, saving you £25 a month over 2 years. Buying outright will beat that, as the car will lose about £8812, or £245pm over 36 months. Yes, you'll lose some interest on your savings, but there's not much interest to be made right now on money in the bank.
Gavla
New

Post by Gavla »

I managed a fairly good deal (to me anyway, I know there is divided opinion!)
I opted for the GTI+ and spec’d the dual zone climate and winter pack.
I went for 3+35 deal with 8000 miles including full maintenance & tyres which came in as £269 pm, working out as £283 net pm over the 3 years, I thought it was quite a good price including all dealer servicing and tyres!
Just got a long wait now 😕
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Gavla wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:00 am I managed a fairly good deal (to me anyway, I know there is divided opinion!)
I opted for the GTI+ and spec’d the dual zone climate and winter pack.
I went for 3+35 deal with 8000 miles including full maintenance & tyres which came in as £269 pm, working out as £283 net pm over the 3 years, I thought it was quite a good price including all dealer servicing and tyres!
Just got a long wait now 😕
I based my sums on a standard GTI, on the GTI+ you're even better off. Some people don't do leasing because they can't get their head around not owning the car, but even perpetual PCPs every 3 years, you're only servicing the depreciation. You've got a bargain vs PCPing there.