New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
allye
Getting There!
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by allye »

Called VW Friday and said that they admitted that the factory suits themselves on build dates. When pushed to give a notification of build they could not even confirm it would be this year!!!!!
barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Post by barrywi »

I luckily got my Gti plus built before the factory closed. My dealer says that VW seem to be making things up as they go along. He , the dealer , ordered his gti plus just after mine . He has been given a build week but VW keep changing it so he has given up on checking whether it has changed. He thinks it will be 2019 before he gets a demonstrator, never mind cars he can sell.
I am taking my car down to the garage five minutes away sometime in September ,when its full performance has been released , to show to a waiting customer. He says I will be rewarded probably with some free fuel.
Needless to say I will be the only driver!
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

alandbess wrote:Has anyone had a build week confirmation for a GTI or GTI+ since the factory re-openneed?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
No.

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

Devvoman1
New
Drives: Now Golf V 1.6, new Polo GTI ordered

Post by Devvoman1 »

barrywi wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:18 pm Welcome to the forum.
My advice. Never believe anything VW tell you!
My dealer ordered a Gti plus very early this year and still has no firm build date. It keeps moving further into the future.
Do you have a list of what the Gti or Plus( if you have that model in Finland) has in specification?
Thanks!
Mm yeah seems like I shouldn't - I want to though :D I guess I will wait 2-4 more weeks, and if no build date by then, I'm probably going to cancel my order (in our T&C:s the consumer can pull out if the delivery is significantly late). Somehow seeing the stuff on the salesman's computer screen makes you want to believe :)

What the dealer did say is that for example petrol T-Rocs are like 1 year lead time..

I would have a list but it's in Finnish, so no use to you :) We don't have plus model, just a GTI with options to tick.
Some standard stuff: dual zone auto climate control, heated seats and engine pre-heater (essential when starting up at -25 degrees C), parking sensors with distance on the screen, 8" infotainment with Apple caplay, colour: white or red,
Some options: Beats sound system, panoramic electric sun roof, black roof and mirrors, 18" wheels, winter wheels and tires (I ordered 17" Bonnevilles), keyless access, full LED headlights.

It's easy to go overboard with the options :D I personally think the must have option is full LED lights and Keyless access - they make it more modern in terms of looks and actual technology.
Devvoman1
New
Drives: Now Golf V 1.6, new Polo GTI ordered

Post by Devvoman1 »

barrywi wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:18 pm Welcome to the forum.
My advice. Never believe anything VW tell you!
My dealer ordered a Gti plus very early this year and still has no firm build date. It keeps moving further into the future.
Do you have a list of what the Gti or Plus( if you have that model in Finland) has in specification?
Oh forgot to ask, was there even an estimated build date?

My dates are the following: Order made: 16.5, Build date confirmation 6.10. (estimation), Car ready from production 11.10 (estimated), Ready to be exported at docks 18.10 (estimated), Left from export dock 26.10 (estimated), arrives at import dock 7.11 (estimated). And a week from the import dock the car should be at my dealer.
Sorry for the quick translations, the info is in Finnish :D

What I'm thinking is that I have to actually wait till at least 6.10, only then can I start thinking about pulling out - very annoying stuff.
Nora
Bronze Member
Drives: A polo

Post by Nora »

I spoke with the dealer yesterday about updates, and got the usual response “we don’t have a clue” answer. So I said if Santa ends up delivering it, he can take it back!!! I’ve no wish to wait 11 months for it, and I’m slowly getting frustrated with the whole situation.
alandbess
Bronze Member
Drives: Scirocco

Post by alandbess »

Has anyone tried using the VW app today. Looks like it's down again....
Yes, I know it's crap, but I'm trying to be optimistic.
I doubt we'll see any build dates for any GTI+ as yet because it hasn't gone through the WLTP tests yet.

MattHGR
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI+

Post by MattHGR »

alandbess wrote:Has anyone tried using the VW app today. Looks like it's down again....
I doubt we'll see any build dates for any GTI+ as yet because it hasn't gone through the WLTP tests yet.

Yes looks to be down at the moment
alandbess
Bronze Member
Drives: Scirocco

Post by alandbess »

MattHGR wrote:
alandbess wrote:Has anyone tried using the VW app today. Looks like it's down again....

Yes looks to be down at the moment
Perhaps they're loading a bulk of build week confirmations [emoji23]

johnpolo2
Gold Member

Post by johnpolo2 »

My dealer sent me an email today saying that VW UK are having a central planning meeting today to discuss the wait times on orders. He will update me when he knows more.
I'm driving around at times in another vehicle I have in order to try and keep the mileage off my current Polo. Not happy as I will have a car worth far less come part exchange time.

MattHGR
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI+

Post by MattHGR »

johnpolo2 wrote:My dealer sent me an email today saying that VW UK are having a central planning meeting today to discuss the wait times on orders. He will update me when he knows more.
I'm driving around at times in another vehicle I have in order to try and keep the mileage off my current Polo. Not happy as I will have a car worth far less come part exchange time.

If you could keep us up to date on any info regarding this planning meeting, that would be great!
See if your dealer will set a fixed price for your partex car. That's what I've done and I'm guaranteed that price when the my polo comes.
johnpolo2
Gold Member

Post by johnpolo2 »

Ok, will do.
I never agreed a px price with the dealer as I was keeping my options open and probably not selling to them.

barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Post by barrywi »

My dealer friend had some very unkind words to say about this meeting. At what should be one of the busiest times of year for his sales he has very few cars to sell that people want. Not his fault, so who else can we blame......?
johnpolo2
Gold Member

Post by johnpolo2 »

VW Germany high command are to blame for pathetically long wait times due to cost cutting and poor planning with WLTP and model demand.

jylydesign
Getting There!
Drives: GTI+ on order

Post by jylydesign »

johnpolo2 wrote:VW Germany high command are to blame for pathetically long wait times due to cost cutting and poor planning with WLTP and model demand.

Agree, not to mention they only have themselves to blame as WLTP probably wouldnt exist without the emissions scandal

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk