New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
M95DS
New
Drives: N/A

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by M95DS »

johnpolo2 wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:36 am So for the third time in 11 months I've just had a notification that my car has gone to stage 2 at the factory. Is it stuck on repeat?!
I have a image of the South African factory and its staff akin to headless chickens.
I had the exact text come through earlier as well, twice now - once back in October I believe, or could have been September. Was hoping it will go to Stage 3, as someone here has also ordered in April and they got a build week now...
lew-32
New
Drives: Golf

Post by lew-32 »

M95DS wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:19 am
johnpolo2 wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:36 am So for the third time in 11 months I've just had a notification that my car has gone to stage 2 at the factory. Is it stuck on repeat?!
I have a image of the South African factory and its staff akin to headless chickens.
I had the exact text come through earlier as well, twice now - once back in October I believe, or could have been September. Was hoping it will go to Stage 3, as someone here has also ordered in April and they got a build week now...
Same thing with me as well this morning. Ordered back-end of February - Polo R-line. Hopefully we'll get some build weeks quick!
l3rady
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+ 2019

Post by l3rady »

Same message for me too. Ordered GTI+ mid September, got stage 2 notification 26th Sep and now got the same notification over a month later...

I got all excited to see a message about order progress to only find its the same message that I already got a month ago :cry:

To be fair the earliest I'm expecting the car is in March but was told at the point of order that the backlog would mean a 9-10 month delivery was more likely.

Still though would love to get a build date so I'm not left with uncertainty.
pressplay
New
Drives: vw polo gti

Post by pressplay »

Greeting from Bulgaria,

So it seems this is now happening :

http://budget-accommodation-port-elizab ... age-plant/

I ordered from my dealer here in Bg February with delivery promise of 3 months :lol: :roll:

Than it became maximum September

Than it became "no one knows", "we will see maximum March 2019" (13 months later)

At first I thought due to our small market I was being pushed backwards at the order time table and wrote a letter to VW.de

They worte me the cliche crap and from the empty text and what I did not know than, it became obvious later on is that VW had know all those issues will be a problem and delays, but (imo) they decided that the new market of SUV (T-Cross and the rest) and electric cars are the future and allowed all this to happen.

As it seems you will be able to get the recently revealed T-Cross sooner than the 2017 (?) revealed Polo ... Is the Polo GTI becoming so rare that it will become a "collector's edition" :roll:

It is an awesome car and I am (maybe was) ready to wait for it, but comming to think about it ... what I am waiting for when they can not give me 13 months later even a build date ...

I get it that WLTP can cause some delays due to VW being such a big company, but this is just pure and plain mismanagement at basic levels. When they change the whole process of measurement DUE TO YOU, who do you say to that you WERE SURPRISED ... Sorry, but If I take that as an excuse I am spiting on myself and declaring that I am stupid!

Shame ...

P.S.
Not to mention the fact that I have payed my contractual obligation by giving them the 10 % deposit and here in BG they do not care that you are without a car and have troubles 1 vw (audi, porsche and you get the rest) dealership all around, which by contract are just obliged to pay you a penalty for holding your money and not being unable to fulfill a contract ... they write the contract text and if you do not want their terms, go somewhere else, lol )
All this because someone is not doing their job right, but getting the fat paycheck ...
Here I have no one to complain to, but you guys maybe able to cause some mayhem :)
I even told a friend of mine, who has a decent cash abilities, to go and order 10 GTI and after 3 months go and brake his contract obligations and get a 10 % penalty 8) Easiest money ever !
albob
Bronze Member
Drives: BlueGT

Post by albob »

PressPlay -- welcome to the forum, and congratulations on your English ! ;)

I believe that link you posted regarding a strike is an old one from 2007 or 2010 ??!!??

https://uk.reuters.com/article/vw-safri ... 2920070920

https://uk.reuters.com/article/vw-safri ... 2920070920
New-gti-guy
New
Drives: 1.6

Post by New-gti-guy »

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum, but been reading it a lot and it seems you lot get and share more info about VW internal work than dealers themselves.. Lol

Anyway, my company ordered my GTI+ in white with black roof (no other extras) mid October. We were told 16-18weeks waiting time. I heard another dealership giving similar lead times. A week later, other dealerships said 35-40 weeks wait. Contacted our guy we ordered with and he said to get in touch with him in January if we get no news by then.

Now I'm reading everywhere that people have been waiting months and months.. I need the company car and the only other option i was given was a Focus 1.5 or a Volvo V40 t3 .... Grrr

Now even the VW website has removed any info about the GTI, almost as if it doesn't exist anymore.

If in january i won't get a definite build date, I don't know what to do.. :-(
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

New-gti-guy wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:07 am Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum, but been reading it a lot and it seems you lot get and share more info about VW internal work than dealers themselves.. Lol

Anyway, my company ordered my GTI+ in white with black roof (no other extras) mid October. We were told 16-18weeks waiting time. I heard another dealership giving similar lead times. A week later, other dealerships said 35-40 weeks wait. Contacted our guy we ordered with and he said to get in touch with him in January if we get no news by then.

Now I'm reading everywhere that people have been waiting months and months.. I need the company car and the only other option i was given was a Focus 1.5 or a Volvo V40 t3 .... Grrr

Now even the VW website has removed any info about the GTI, almost as if it doesn't exist anymore.

If in january i won't get a definite build date, I don't know what to do.. :-(
Welcome to the forum New-gti-guy.

From the experience of members on the forum, who ordered their cars very early this year and they still don’t have a delivery date, I think that 16-18 weeks lead time ‘wildly optimistic’. When I ordered my previous generation Polo GTI back in 2015, I’d say that a 16-18 week lead time was realistic (may have even been slightly pessimistic), but not for the current model;
  • Dealers would’ve been aware of the long delays with factory ordered GTI’s / GTI+’s when your order was placed last month; VW’s Uitenhage factory in South Africa was closed earlier this year from end of May / beginning of June to mid-August (it’s not clear why) when no cars were being built but dealers were still taking orders, so there’ll be a backlog of orders to fulfil, which will put pressure on production facilities and impact lead times.
  • Since the beginning of September, all new cars in the UK have to have been type approved under the new WLTP emissions standards before they can be registered. Looking at the most recent VW price list dated 20th September, Polo models with engines that have been WLTP type approved are shown as ‘yes’ in the ‘WLTP type approved’ column. For the GTI / GTI+, the ‘WLTP type approved’ column just shows a dash, which suggests the engine hasn’t been type approved yet. That’s why it’s been removed from the configutator on VW’s website (the Golf GTI and R models that use the 2.0 litre EA888 engine but with higher power output have also been removed from the configurator, and the Golf pricelist also indicates these models haven’t been WLTP type approved yet). So, even if VW are building Polo GTI/GTI+ models for the UK market, they can’t be registered until type approval has been gained.
Some customers seem to have been informed that GTI/GTI+ production recommences this month - presumably, VW are anticipating WLTP type approval is imminent. When they do recommence production, there seems to be no logic to the way VW allocate cars to specific build weeks - based on forum member experience, it’s not on a ‘first come, first served’ basis by customer order date, so when individual cars will get built is anyone’s guess.

So, was an indicated 16-18 weeks lead time that you were quoted realistic? I’d say that there’s a strong possibility the dealer was telling porkies to get a sale.

I’d pin your dealer down and ask them how realistic they now think their indicated 16-18 week lead time is. I think they’ll be quoting a much longer time now. If I was you, I’d be considering the other two options. The Focus is also a new model, so there may be increased interest in this car which could impact lead times. I’d probably settle for the Volvo, which is a different type of car to the Polo GTI so will drive and handle differently, but IMO it’s a good car.

Good luck.
Poachersun
New
Drives: 2018 POLO GTI

Post by Poachersun »

It really is a shame because it's so far for me a damn awesome car! I absolutely love it.
New-gti-guy
New

Post by New-gti-guy »

Thank for the replies
And the details

I confess that in the past, i was never a GTI fan, but things have changed a lot since the latest models that show a more radical but still elegant and conservative designs that seems to somehow hit a soft spot for me.
The level of equipement and quality of interior easily lift cars up above the standards, while driving dynamics add extra smiles when needed. Perfect package.

Shame new customers like me are being seriously put off by the way the system runs.

I'm lucky enough to have been offered a company car and good one, but now it looks like i might have to cancel the order comes january if no news about build dates.

I can't belive i am considering a VOLVO, but hey, it's not a bad car .. It's just that i hate the interior and the horrible screen :-(
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

New-gti-guy wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:07 pm Thank for the replies
And the details

I confess that in the past, i was never a GTI fan, but things have changed a lot since the latest models that show a more radical but still elegant and conservative designs that seems to somehow hit a soft spot for me.
The level of equipement and quality of interior easily lift cars up above the standards, while driving dynamics add extra smiles when needed. Perfect package.

Shame new customers like me are being seriously put off by the way the system runs.

I'm lucky enough to have been offered a company car and good one, but now it looks like i might have to cancel the order comes january if no news about build dates.

I can't belive i am considering a VOLVO, but hey, it's not a bad car .. It's just that i hate the interior and the horrible screen :-(
I had a v40 cross country as a previous car. Theyre nice cars and the t3 is a good engine. Usually come very well equipped as standard too. Obscenely comfortable, the big negative is they don’t hold their value but you won’t have that problem.
New-gti-guy
New

Post by New-gti-guy »

Thanks.
I guesd i will have to make a decision in January
Will keep you lot posted, and will keep reading info here in meatime
Nora
Bronze Member
Drives: A polo

Post by Nora »

Should the situation occur that build weeks are not given to buyers until late on this year or early January, and therefore the delivery dates of Uk cars won’t happen until early January or beyond, what are the chances of insisting the dealer doesn’t Register it on a 68 plate & hangs onto the car and registers it on the newer “19” plates. Are there any rules that state cars have to be registered by a certain time. As there will be some different in residential values on cars registered only weeks apart
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Nora wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:10 am Should the situation occur that build weeks are not given to buyers until late on this year or early January, and therefore the delivery dates of Uk cars won’t happen until early January or beyond, what are the chances of insisting the dealer doesn’t Register it on a 68 plate & hangs onto the car and registers it on the newer “19” plates. Are there any rules that state cars have to be registered by a certain time. As there will be some different in residential values on cars registered only weeks apart
My dealer did this for me with my current car a couple of years ago.

It arrived at the dealers earlier than anticipated in late Jan and I’d ordered it for a March delivery. They were happy to store it in their indoor storage facility (a large modern industrial type building) so it wasn’t exposed to the elements or at risk of getting covered in bird poo or sustaining other damage as it could have if parked outside or displayed in the dealer’s showroom.

The part exchange value of my (then) existing car was based on a March 2016 value when I placed the order.
pressplay
New
Drives: vw polo gti

Post by pressplay »

Hello and thank you,
very kind of you and it means a lot to me that you noticed !

I hope those news are old ... popped out with google's "last month" filter ...

Also could have done better with grammar, but these days, when "VW" and "Polo GTI" are in one sentence in my head, I tend to get mad and literately forget my grammar :lol:

Before I decided to buy the car I did some research about the GTI versions and from the info on the net, UK and Switzerland are the biggest EU markets for the VW GTI cars.

And due to this the UK and CH configurators were the first online and available December during 2017.

Now there is a GTI configurator online at vw.ch, but with the following footnote -

GTI 2.0 TSI 147 kW / 200 hp 6-speed DSG F

32'150 CHF 1
Please note
The model shown in the configurator corresponds to the specifications from the model year 2018, as the data for the model year 2019 are currently not available. The listed specifications are applicable to stock vehicles of model year 2018. New works orders will be executed as model year 2019. This can lead to deviations in engine data, equipment, packages, technical restrictions and prices. Consumption and CO2 emission values ​​are still displayed after the previous test cycle NEDC. At the moment there are no consumption and CO2 emission values ​​according to the new test cycle WLTP.

As of last month it seems VW has no idea about the GTI WLTP results, which seems are still ongoing.

At best case scenario - after the test no tuning will be needed and maybe factories will start to announce build dates ...

At worst case - WLTP fails and we get back to square one ...

It is also not a coincidence that there is no GTI config. available at UK, because your watchdogs are good and VW in no shape or form are willing to test your guys or give them an invitation to sniff around their offices....
Only God knows what else they are hiding :lol: 8) :shock:
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

As has been said before by many of us and a few car journalists, VW are using WTLP as a bit of a smokescreen to possibly mask other production problems they have. VW staff here feel the emissions testing is not the only problem the factory has.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk