New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by monkeyhanger »

Nora wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:56 am I originally looked at these car brokers, I even went along to a local dealer who offered me a good price via these brokers, but when I looked closer at the numbers, what they discounted on the car, they more than made up for it in what they where charging for extras. So armed with the quote in writing I went to see another local dealer as a cash buyer and showed them the figures offered by the dealer on carwow etc, iirc they got within £60 of the price I was offer for the new car at the spec I wanted but overall where far cheaper when other extras where factored in
What extras? When I buy via a broker, if there's 12% off the car, there's 12% off the options list too. Were they tagging on GAP and Lifeshine type products (That you can quite easily refuse and have taken off your quote) or perhaps these brokers had cars in stock or coming through with options already selected that you wouldn't have selected yourself like Nav, rear camera etc?

One thing to bear in mind is that a low price on the new car usually means a low price offered for your part exchange if you have one, so the overall price to change isn't always hugely competitive.
rooneys
New
Drives: Golf gtd

Post by rooneys »

just got my build week confirmed. 21st January 2019.
I ordered on the 12th January 2018. Madness.
roywolfey
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo GTI +

Post by roywolfey »

rooneys wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:00 pm just got my build week confirmed. 21st January 2019.
:shock:
And I thought that the 22 Weeks earlier this that I waited was a long time.
Surely this has to be a candidate for longest wait time. :?
paulrodgers7
Getting There!
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi + White/black roof

Post by paulrodgers7 »

rooneys wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:00 pm just got my build week confirmed. 21st January 2019.
So Pleased to hear you are beginning to see light at the end of the tunnel.
Christmas is always a quick time of the year, you’ll be behind the wheel before you know it.
M95DS
New
Drives: N/A

Post by M95DS »

Dreading to see mine, when I get it... Ordered in April. Let’s hope Brexit won’t have any impact on the deliveries around end of March!
New-gti-guy
New
Drives: 1.6

Post by New-gti-guy »

How long will the car take to arrive after the build week?
barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Post by barrywi »

Up to 8 weeks
EmmaBx
New
Drives: GTI

Post by EmmaBx »

Can I just ask if you’ve got the upgraded Brescia wheels? My sales advisor has just told me he thinks it could be something to do with the wheels as he can’t see any confirmed build week GTIs with them?
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by S_94 »

EmmaBx wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:33 am
Can I just ask if you’ve got the upgraded Brescia wheels? My sales advisor has just told me he thinks it could be something to do with the wheels as he can’t see any confirmed build week GTIs with them?
I recently swapped my order from a standard GTI to the GTI+ with Brescia wheels. My dealer said he's confident of a build week in February... nothing confirmed yet though. Before that with the other alloys I still hadn't received a build week.
rooneys
New
Drives: Golf gtd

Post by rooneys »

EmmaBx wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:33 am
yes. Grey, brescia, climate, sat Nav.
My dealer thought that to begin with.
Nora
Bronze Member
Drives: A polo

Post by Nora »

Other than the emissions regs, I think no one knows what specifically is holding up the orders
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

Nora wrote:Other than the emissions regs, I think no one knows what specifically is holding up the orders
It's called incompetence.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

johnpolo2 wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:22 pm
Nora wrote:Other than the emissions regs, I think no one knows what specifically is holding up the orders
It's called incompetence.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
Here's a random thought, or my thought of the day, maybe VW Group are using their dealerships as a front for some other activity?
EmmaBx
New
Drives: GTI

Post by EmmaBx »

My dealer has just told me there's a stock GTI+ polo that has a build week of Jan with expected delivery around the end of March, possibly April that I can swap my order to. The only difference is it doesn't have the Brescia wheels, which were the main thing I wanted! But I am so sick of waiting (placed the order on 10th Feb) that I don't know whether to take it? Mine doesn't even have a build week so i'll be waiting well after April if I stick with it! What would you guys do?
Robint
Bronze Member
Drives: 2018 polo GTI

Post by Robint »

I bought a stock GTI + and could not get the Brescia wheels it was something I wanted and although the car is great I still want the Brescia wheels ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk