Factory Delays

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
TomasSEL
New
Drives: Reef Blue Manual SEL

Re: Factory Delays

Post by TomasSEL »

Have had a call from Dealer stating unconfirmed Build Week 04/02/2019.Yet the Tracker says Your Order has been confirmed for Construction Week commencing 04/02/2019.That's the only Info I have.Was sharing my situation as thought people would be interested. I was informed when I placed a Brand New Order that it would take at least 6 Months.Direct frustrations at VW or your Dealer,Kind of wish I hadn't posted now :roll:
CP_Vaughny
New
Drives: R-Line 2019

Post by CP_Vaughny »

monkeyhanger wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:13 am
peeceeuk wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:03 am How does someone who ordered a car as recently as October get a build week confirmed ahead of someone who ordered back in July...and probably earlier than that?
Perhaps they are not a UK customer, perhaps they are hopping on an order already placed, perhaps they are ordering a model that's already been sorted for WLTP before the order was placed (not a GTI), perhaps they are ordering a trim level that doesn't have any allocation limitations (not a GTI).

There are a lot of possibilities assuming that there is a logical reason for VW build schedules.

A "confirmed" build week 10 or 11 weeks in the future doesn't sound right. Estimated but not confirmed I would imagine. VW don't confirm a build week as definitely going ahead until 4 weeks prior to build week.
I received notification of my confirmed build week on the 14/11, my build week is Week 2, 14/01. Thats almost 9 weeks.

Ordered R-Line in March, plenty of options.
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by S_94 »

peeceeuk wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:03 am How does someone who ordered a car as recently as October get a build week confirmed ahead of someone who ordered back in July...and probably earlier than that?
There doesn't seem to be any sort of structure to how VW is building these cars, from reading this forum it seems completely random. And like monkey said, the GTI/GTI+ seem to be taking a lot longer to build.

I ordered in July and have swapped my GTI order to a GTI+ and have been told a February build date is looking likely (I'm guessing this car was ordered before July but the person cancelled). If I hadn't have swapped it would probably be later than that.

Congrats on the build date Tomas. :D
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

It always used to be a unconfirmed build week until 4 weeks before that date. Prior to those 4 weeks (and confirmation/lock-in of build date) you could amend your otder. This was the case throughout ordering 9 VWs including my last one - the unallocated buyer Polo GTI+. Build week was locked in just 3 days before I decided to buy, so couldn't remove the Sat nav and rear view camera tagged to the order.

Maybe with such a backlog to fill post WLTP, VW are scheduling and locking in build weeks earlier than they usually would?
TomasSEL
New
Drives: Reef Blue Manual SEL

Post by TomasSEL »

S_94 wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:02 pm
There doesn't seem to be any sort of structure to how VW is building these cars, from reading this forum it seems completely random. And like monkey said, the GTI/GTI+ seem to be taking a lot longer to build.

I ordered in July and have swapped my GTI order to a GTI+ and have been told a February build date is looking likely (I'm guessing this car was ordered before July but the person cancelled). If I hadn't have swapped it would probably be later than that.

Congrats on the build date Tomas. :D
Thanks.I do feel for all the Folks that have ordered GTI's and Other Models.Hope things improve soon
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

Spotted a white GTI in Kenilworth yesterday.
Now seen four of them in Warwickshire. Oh the torment. [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

peeceeuk
Bronze Member
Drives: Snazzy red GTi

Post by peeceeuk »

My app just notified me that the status of my order has changed...yay, thought I.
Looked at it and all the notifications say that the status has changed...to stage 2, with the factory, where it has been for months. Ugh.
fazzy
Bronze Member
Drives: GTi++/TT/TDi/190E

Post by fazzy »

c4s2rs6 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:01 pm My Polo GTI+ was ordered in January 18 and it has a provisional unconfirmed build week of week 7 2019. If it does not slip further it will be about 14-15 months between order and arrival!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I ordered mine on January 28th 2018 (edit). I just received confirmed build week 14 - 2019 (beginning of April)...... Last time I spoke to my dealer was in October. I almost forgot I ordered it...
Last edited by fazzy on Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
johnpolo2
Gold Member

Post by johnpolo2 »

fazzy wrote:
c4s2rs6 wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:01 pm My Polo GTI+ was ordered in January 18 and it has a provisional unconfirmed build week of week 7 2019. If it does not slip further it will be about 14-15 months between order and arrival!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I ordered mine on January 28th 2019. I just received confirmed build week 14 - 2019 (beginning of April)...... Last time I spoke to my dealer was in October. I almost forgot I ordered it...
I take it you mean January 28th 2018.
Looks like you and I similar timeframe and build week.
What options did you add to your car?

fazzy
Bronze Member

Post by fazzy »

johnpolo2 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:39 am

Begging your pardon :) Typeo mistake :) Indeed 28th Jan 2018 :)

While the UK has the GTI and the GTI+ on offer and the difference being "plus" package has a lot of option boxes ticked for you, most of the world has just one model i.e. the GTI and we load it with any options we want :)
Nevertheless, I ticked all the boxes EXCEPT for keyless access, voice activation, beats audio, deep iron inserts and tinted rear windows.
johnpolo2
Gold Member

Post by johnpolo2 »

fazzy wrote:
johnpolo2 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:39 am

Begging your pardon :) Typeo mistake :) Indeed 28th Jan 2018 :)

While the UK has the GTI and the GTI+ on offer and the difference being "plus" package has a lot of option boxes ticked for you, most of the world has just one model i.e. the GTI and we load it with any options we want :)
Nevertheless, I ticked all the boxes EXCEPT for keyless access, voice activation, beats audio, deep iron inserts and tinted rear windows.
Just curious as to what options you added as it's been suggested before that the sunroof could be the reason for delayed orders. I wonder if that is what we all have in common.
I was told Brescia wheels but that is completely untrue. I think that they just say anything they want.

fazzy
Bronze Member

Post by fazzy »

I don't believe that options have anything to do with it.
I reckon, the real reason is completely different.... just VW doesn't want to publicly admit to it.
VW has a problem with passing the WLTP regulations - that we know. But what we are not told is why they have those problems.
VW has a problem with engineers, many of which have been either fired or left by themselves, so no engineers = nobody to sort out problems with WLTP = delays... Just last month VW has headhunted one of BMW engineers to come on board to sort out their problems. That is one case that we know of. How many others are there like that? VW prefers not to say, telling people some kak stories about sunroofs, radar suppliers and so on....
johnpolo2
Gold Member

Post by johnpolo2 »

fazzy wrote:I don't believe that options have anything to do with it.
I reckon, the real reason is completely different.... just VW doesn't want to publicly admit to it.
VW has a problem with passing the WLTP regulations - that we know. But what we are not told is why they have those problems.
VW has a problem with engineers, many of which have been either fired or left by themselves, so no engineers = nobody to sort out problems with WLTP = delays... Just last month VW has headhunted one of BMW engineers to come on board to sort out their problems. That is one case that we know of. How many others are there like that? VW prefers not to say, telling people some kak stories about sunroofs, radar suppliers and so on....
Yes I've read of the engineering problems too. Oh well....

johnpolo2
Gold Member

Post by johnpolo2 »

Just to add. Perhaps they build in alphabetical order because it certainly isn't date order! [emoji6]

Kldows
New
Drives: None

Post by Kldows »

Same problem here. We ordered the 1.0 t roc about 4 weeks back, with delivery due near Christmas. Had a phone call on Monday to say it now wouldn't be til march. So we cancelled our order, got our deposit back and have ended up ordering another car, but with so much more car for the money. We just cant wait that long. The car we have now needs to go ASAP. Its a shame though because it was the car i really wanted but I'm just as happy with my new order. I had my heart so set on it, i hadn't really opened my eyes to how much more i could actually get for the money. So its worked out better for us.