New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by johnpolo2 »

SHIPWRECKED wrote:The wait has almost gotten the better of me and I am close to canceling. I ordered May 24th (so approx 28weeks wait so far) and I still don’t have a build date.
I called customer services today for an update and amazingly was given one! Apparently it’s looking likely that my build date will be week 19 although this isn’t confirmed.
So delivery mid July earliest. That will be a 14mth wait.
I’m already on month 5 of my current lease extension (yes I will be leasing the Polo) and my car is due to go back Jan 19th.
Totally in limbo and massively frustrated but I really REALLY want this car!
I’ve ordered a Deep Pearl Black GTI + with Brescias. Got a cracking deal so totally reluctant to give it up after waiting so long already!
I’m massively envious of anyone that already has theirs - I’ve never even sat in one [emoji1787]
There does come a point when you feel that they don't deserve the business. My build date unconfirmed is for April next year so by the time the car is delivered that would be an approximately 18 month wait!
I did sit in one at a dealership but it wasn't kitted out as I wanted so wasn't for me.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Nora
Bronze Member
Drives: A polo

Post by Nora »

SHIPWRECKED wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:30 pm The wait has almost gotten the better of me and I am close to canceling. I ordered May 24th (so approx 28weeks wait so far) and I still don’t have a build date.
I ordered at the end of January and still don’t have a build date, so in comparison I think you’ve got a long way to go yet.
Though today I received a txt message and an notification from the app that my order has progressed to stage 2, which ironically is where it’s been since February
MattHGR
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI+

Post by MattHGR »

Nora wrote:
SHIPWRECKED wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:30 pm The wait has almost gotten the better of me and I am close to canceling. I ordered May 24th (so approx 28weeks wait so far) and I still don’t have a build date.
I ordered at the end of January and still don’t have a build date, so in comparison I think you’ve got a long way to go yet.
Though today I received a txt message and an notification from the app that my order has progressed to stage 2, which ironically is where it’s been since February
Funnily enough, I just got the same notification [emoji23]
Been on stage 2 since July though, so not as long as you.Image
roywolfey
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo GTI +

Post by roywolfey »

Coincidently? Euro 6d / WLTP compliance for the GTI has been announced today...

https://www.adac.de/infotestrat/umwelt- ... fault.aspx
Nora
Bronze Member

Post by Nora »

As a member of the adac I get the email newsletter but tend to ignore it, unless I have more time to digest it which is rare. So this announcement passed me by. But with the recent surge of updates it seems VW are starting to get their fingers out.
SHIPWRECKED
New
Drives: GTI +

Post by SHIPWRECKED »

Martin-GTi wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:50 pm
I called customer services today for an update and amazingly was given one! Apparently it’s looking likely that my build date will be week 19 although this isn’t confirmed.
So delivery mid July earliest. That will be a 14mth wait.
I’m already on month 5 of my current lease extension (yes I will be leasing the Polo) and my car is due to go back Jan 19th.
Totally in limbo and massively frustrated but I really REALLY want this car!
I’ve ordered a Deep Pearl Black GTI + with Brescias. Got a cracking deal so totally reluctant to give it up after waiting so long already!
I’m massively envious of anyone that already has theirs - I’ve never even sat in one 🤣
Hi SHIPWRECKED. I ordered pretty much the exact same car as you (Deep pearl Black GTI+ with Brescia wheel, along with some other options). Good choice by the way :D

I ordered mine on 13th May, so just before you.

I received a confirmed build date of week 5, 2019 at the end of last week, so a build date of February 2019. I expect delivery at the beginning of April.

Before you cancel, I’d check the dates quoted are correct. I had all sorts of conflicting information from VW customer services and the on-line chat. The only part of VW that has been consistent is my dealer - as they’ve been totally useless, told me absolutely nothing and don’t return calls or reply to emails.
Thank you, I will do. I'm so frustrated! But so want this car.
SHIPWRECKED
New

Post by SHIPWRECKED »

Nora wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:34 am
Blimey that is bonkers! What extras did you order?!
Mine has been 'with the factory' since July. No updates since. Which is actually the worst bit, if I was kept in the loop - I wouldn't be as annoyed. The lack of info is the issue here and the fact that everyone at VW that you speak to tells a different story!
Robint
Bronze Member
Drives: 2018 polo GTI

Post by Robint »

It will be worth the wait I took a stock car from the dealers and accepted I did not get exactly what I would have liked but the car is great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chris001
New
Drives: GTi+ 2019

Post by Chris001 »

SHIPWRECKED wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:22 am
Mine has been 'with the factory' since July. No updates since. Which is actually the worst bit, if I was kept in the loop - I wouldn't be as annoyed. The lack of info is the issue here and the fact that everyone at VW that you speak to tells a different story!
May be worth contacting your dealer - reason I say this is I am in exactly the same boat as you and I ordered my GTi+ January 20/01/18 and have no build week confirmed...... however I got the VW app update also last week where is has updated to stage 2 (its been on this since when i ordered in Jan), after contacting my dealer I was told my car has been allocated a week 9 build date and the delay now is down to the Brescias (not sure how credible this is).

I totally agree with barrywi that you do have to take info from VW with a pinch of salt but this is certianly the most confident my dealer seems to have been and clearly things are moving in the background.

Either way just as frustrated as all of you that i am looking at taking delivery 16 months after ordering.

Hope it helps....
SHIPWRECKED
New

Post by SHIPWRECKED »

Chris001 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:01 am
SHIPWRECKED wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:22 am
May be worth contacting your dealer - reason I say this is I am in exactly the same boat as you and I ordered my GTi+ January 20/01/18 and have no build week confirmed...... however I got the VW app update also last week where is has updated to stage 2 (its been on this since when i ordered in Jan), after contacting my dealer I was told my car has been allocated a week 9 build date and the delay now is down to the Brescias (not sure how credible this is).

I totally agree with barrywi that you do have to take info from VW with a pinch of salt but this is certianly the most confident my dealer seems to have been and clearly things are moving in the background.

Either way just as frustrated as all of you that i am looking at taking delivery 16 months after ordering.

Hope it helps....

Thanks Chris001 - it's nice to know I am not alone! I've sent them a crappy email, not that I expect it will help at all!
EmmaBx
New
Drives: GTI

Post by EmmaBx »

I too got a notification to say my order has progressed to stage 2 - where it has been since late February (ordered 10th Feb). Contacted my dealer and he said he doesn’t know why it was sent although my order now has a provisional build week of 10 but this could change

Also to add that I spoke to someone from VW live chat back in October and she confirmed the Polo GTI went back into production in October, however I spoke to my complaint handler last week and apparently he’s been told they don’t go back into production until 6th December! Not sure where he got that info from?! :?
Nora
Bronze Member

Post by Nora »

As I previously mentioned, it appears VW have finally pulled the stop button out. The system is firing up which is why we’re getting theses messages from the app etc, I think it’s only a matter of weeks before the build weeks are confirmed.
johnpolo2
Gold Member

Post by johnpolo2 »

Firing up before coming to another spluttering stop. I've had mine progress to stage 2 three times. It means nowt from this bunch of incompetents.

peeceeuk
Bronze Member
Drives: Snazzy red GTi

Post by peeceeuk »

johnpolo2 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:46 pm Firing up before coming to another spluttering stop. I've had mine progress to stage 2 three times. It means nowt from this bunch of incompetents.

Posted in the Factory Delays thread about identical updates and apparent progress, which sees me remain at stage 2.
johnpolo2
Gold Member

Post by johnpolo2 »

peeceeuk wrote:
johnpolo2 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:46 pm Firing up before coming to another spluttering stop. I've had mine progress to stage 2 three times. It means nowt from this bunch of incompetents.

Posted in the Factory Delays thread about identical updates and apparent progress, which sees me remain at stage 2.
Every now and again someone in the factory presses a button saying ' what does this do. '