New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by johnpolo2 »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... K6iT9puoOM

Tedious review alert.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Nora wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:14 am There’s no point putting keys in faraday bags if you leave the bag and key where it can be found if you home is burgled. Surely the best practice would be to keep the keys in a secure location ie: a safe / safebox. This however leaves the owner in a position where threats of violence could be used in an agrivated burglary situation. If you are worried that you car could be stolen then I’d suggest having a tracker such as the automatrics Mtrack fitted, or an immobiliser fitted, the autowatch ghost is 1 possibility https://www.sasmobile.co.uk/search/Ghost
If you want to minimise the risk of having a car stolen, then it’s probably better to ensure your home security is upgraded to reduce the risk of would-be car thieves gaining entry to your home to steal your keys, and have GAP insurance to ensure the combined car insurance + GAP policy claims payment is sufficient to pay for a replacement car if it does get stolen. Also if you need to park outside, fit a physical protection device such as a Disklok. If you have a garage, use it for your £20k-£25k Polo rather than your £200 lawn mower (the Polo is still small enough to fit a small garage).

With keyless cars, scumbags intent on stealing your car don’t need to gain access to your home to get your keys. They can use signal boosting relay equipment from outside the home to boost the signal emitted by the key to fool the car into thinking the key is withiIn range. They then just open the car door and drive off without needing the keys. That’s why keeping keys in a Faraday bag might help, as it’d block the keyless signal being picked up by these low-life’s using signal boosting technology.

If someone did break into my home and demanded my car keys, I’d let them have the keys. IMO it’s better to have to replace a stolen car than risk a life or have a member of your family or you suffering serious injuries. Some car criminals will stop at nothing, and aren’t afraid to use violence.

Fitting a tracker may help recover your car if it’s stolen, but I don’t think I’d want my car back if it was stolen, as there’s no way of knowing how it’s likely to have been abused by the perpetrators.
Last edited by SRGTD on Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
SRGTD
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

johnpolo2 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:39 am https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... K6iT9puoOM

Tedious review alert.

Yep, saw that one the other day John. Shame the reviewer hasn't done their homework on the standard spec before reviewing; they state the non-plus version of the GTI has sat nav and climate control (at 1m 47s into the review) as standard when these aren’t standard on either the GTI or GTI+.
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Post by mike sel »

SRGTD wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:16 am
johnpolo2 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:39 am https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... K6iT9puoOM

Tedious review alert.

Yep, saw that one the other day John. Shame the reviewer hasn't done their homework on the standard spec before reviewing; they state the non-plus version of the GTI has sat nav and climate control (at 1m 47s into the review) as standard when these aren’t standard on either the GTI or GTI+.

yep quite right. when I specked the GTI+ I had to add quite a few options to make us to the SEL spec. even then I don't think the GTI had ambient lighting I may be wrong though
New-gti-guy
New
Drives: 1.6

Post by New-gti-guy »

Ambient lighting not standard on GTI+ ????
Dark_cze
Silver Member
Drives: AW GTI with MT

Post by Dark_cze »

Dark_cze wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:51 am I spoke to dealer this morning and they suprised me. She said that my lhd gti with manual is on way and they will contact me within next 10 days. Not sure if i should believe that :-D
Since car not arrived and dealer was clueless I wrote message to main czech importer (Porsche Prague s.r.o.). So my white GTI with manual already left factory and waiting for homologation. Car will arrive in january. :-(
RUM4MO
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

I thought that some, most or all LHD Polos (depending on Polo demand wrt Golf etc) were built in Europe and if so should avoid some of the hold ups, also as LHD markets will be seriously bigger by volume than RHD markets, I would have thought that preference is given to the LHD markets - and most other market countries seem to be a bit "flexible" over the final date for WLTP - all which seems to put UK as a very poor relation in terms of order fulfilment right now.
SHIPWRECKED
New
Drives: GTI +

Post by SHIPWRECKED »

Does anyone in the South West (ish) area already have their GTI + ?
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by S_94 »

Live in South Wales and have seen one GTI+. Seen quite a few 18/68 Polo's around though.
Robint
Bronze Member
Drives: 2018 polo GTI

Post by Robint »

Live in Nottingham have seen one GTI + near Northampton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
peeceeuk
Bronze Member
Drives: Snazzy red GTi

Post by peeceeuk »

Dealer has just called to inform me that he has a build week.
Week 10 of 2019.
Nothing has changed on the tracking app but from what I have seen around these threads, they are not always entirely accurate.
jakiidd
New
Drives: POLO GTI 2018

Post by jakiidd »

Hello everyone!

First of all, I am sorry if my english is poor.
I am new to the forum and I come from Slovenia. I am reading the topic on this forum for a while now, but have not commented, because I had no more infos than you have.

Well, I ordered my Polo GTI on 10th of April, but the dealer told me he can replace his GTI order which was already ordered once in March with mine, so that I will gain a little time. They told me that the car will be in Slovenia in approximately 6 months. I had zero information about the car till two month ago, when the dealer told me that he has delivery date in Slovenia around the 1st or 2nd week of January. After that zero informations till last week, when I called him and asked what is going on. He said that he has zero informations, and that he will only be informed when the car will land in Slovenia. I didnt and still dont believe his words.

But ... yesterday the guy calls me and says the car is in Slovenia and that tomorrow (today) it will be in the shop. I couldnt believe it ... today I went to the shop and there it was. I still dont believe it, I was prepared to wait till March ... So the car finally came after 9 months. It is left handed of course. I will wait till January to register it so that it will be 2019 xD. Dont know why, since I will have it for a long time I hope, but if I could wait for that much, a few more days will be easy peasy.

It is a white one, with brescias, all LED lights, without sunroof, with winter package (which I paid, but is included in our country if you order it now and I dont know if I should ask to reduce the price, because its 500e of difference), automatic clima, sport performance kit, beats sound system, not digital, but analog dash (speedometer), keyless access, safety package (ACC), etc.

What do you think should I do with the winter package? I have not paid the car yet. Only 2k euros of advance payment.

I hope you all get your cars sooner than expected!
bye
Dark_cze
Silver Member
Drives: AW GTI with MT

Post by Dark_cze »

My polo GTI arrived to dealer today and they found that I ordered wrong tyres (215/45 R18 insted of 215/40 R18) ... So after some calling Shop i ordered tyres from will take them back tomorrow and they are sending new one in few days. I will recive my car in wednesday and I can't stop thinking about it :D I hope all of you guys will recive cars asap :)
Ari
New
Drives: Polo Gti

Post by Ari »

jakiidd wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:23 pm Hello everyone!

First of all, I am sorry if my english is poor.
I am new to the forum and I come from Slovenia. I am reading the topic on this forum for a while now, but have not commented, because I had no more infos than you have.

Well, I ordered my Polo GTI on 10th of April, but the dealer told me he can replace his GTI order which was already ordered once in March with mine, so that I will gain a little time. They told me that the car will be in Slovenia in approximately 6 months. I had zero information about the car till two month ago, when the dealer told me that he has delivery date in Slovenia around the 1st or 2nd week of January. After that zero informations till last week, when I called him and asked what is going on. He said that he has zero informations, and that he will only be informed when the car will land in Slovenia. I didnt and still dont believe his words.

But ... yesterday the guy calls me and says the car is in Slovenia and that tomorrow (today) it will be in the shop. I couldnt believe it ... today I went to the shop and there it was. I still dont believe it, I was prepared to wait till March ... So the car finally came after 9 months. It is left handed of course. I will wait till January to register it so that it will be 2019 xD. Dont know why, since I will have it for a long time I hope, but if I could wait for that much, a few more days will be easy peasy.

It is a white one, with brescias, all LED lights, without sunroof, with winter package (which I paid, but is included in our country if you order it now and I dont know if I should ask to reduce the price, because its 500e of difference), automatic clima, sport performance kit, beats sound system, not digital, but analog dash (speedometer), keyless access, safety package (ACC), etc.

What do you think should I do with the winter package? I have not paid the car yet. Only 2k euros of advance payment.

I hope you all get your cars sooner than expected!
bye
When i started reading this post, i had a feeling that somebody is posting on my behalf. Also a long time lurker and posting now only because of you.

I'm also from Slovenia, ordered my GTI on 5th of September and was told approximate delivery to be in May 2019, so at least 8 months of waiting, until yesterday my dealer calls me and tells me that it is in Slovenia. Going to the shop tomorrow, but im also waiting until January to register it :D

I specced mine as follows: white, wireless phone charging, dark grey interior instead of red, el. foldable mirrors, LEDs, artvelours seats, digital dash, safety package, brescias, sunroof, sport kit, keyless and tinted glass in the rear.
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

For those of us waiting since January it feels as though the UK market is being deliberately shafted.