Greedy?

Chat about your MKIII (86C) inc GT/G40 Polo
DanW
Gold Member

Greedy?

Post by DanW »

:wink:

haha. Hope u get it all sorted out Gareth with the GTs, hows the 1.4L coming on?
Gareth_GT_Hatch
Platinum Member

Post by Gareth_GT_Hatch »

Haha 8) :lol: Yes Ive got 3 now but only for the rest of this week. Someone off porka who has a similar affliction towards squarebacks as me is buying the black one. :D which has been fixed using the 69K engine from the light blue GT (which at the same time got the 1.4 conversion.)

I got the dark blue one last night, same spec as the light blue one but obviously with better bodywork :shock: The light blue one is now being broken for spares in the next month or two (but not much is going spare)

The 1.4 (which is currently in the light blue one, will eventually end up in the dark blue one. itll certainly be done before the next show season anyway.
DanW
Gold Member

Post by DanW »

cool ok, so what was holding you back with putting the 1.4 engine in there and getting it all sorted?
Gareth_GT_Hatch
Platinum Member

Well Everytime I have indulged in engine shenanigans Ive borrowed an engine crane off dom. I think he needs it more than me at the moment. (as far as I know his GT is still in pieces but it could well be all back together now) I was gonna wait till my mum and dad go away at october half term, and I think then it would just be a case of totally stripping it down and putting the engine in the new one when Ive got time. any warm dry weekend should do it.

And when I say break it i mean break it! The angle grinders coming out theres gonna be so little left of it sadly its the only way of getting rid of it for free.
Karl_CLCoupe
Platinum Member

Post by Karl_CLCoupe »

Awww no! How are you gonna manage doing that to your own car? If I had to cut mine up, it would be a job for someone else :lol:

Karl.
bstardchild

Post by bstardchild »

Gareth_GT_Hatch wrote:And when I say break it i mean break it! The angle grinders coming out theres gonna be so little left of it sadly its the only way of getting rid of it for free.
Man after my own heart - my preferance is for a petrol driven disc cutter tho - it's quick easy and takes 15 mins to chunk up a shell to boot sized pieces....... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tahrey1043
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: Birmingham! Enjoys: The pseudo-G-Smiles provided by a 1.6 Megane Sport valver...

Post by Tahrey1043 »

after removing all the panels, bonnet, doors, tailgate, glass, etc?
or just throwing it to scrap?

you considered the option of removing anything storable, filing off the engine and chassis numbers, and dumping it outside a local breakers at 2.30am with a sign "free to a good scrapyard" on it?
or selling it to a banger racer :D

taking a grinder to it seems, yknow, a little extreme for a bit of rear quarter damage - is it a definate MOT fail then, even with the lights replaced?
Gareth_GT_Hatch
Platinum Member

I dunno if its an MOT fail or not. Its just not very tidy. And with the amont I will be taking off it (EVERYTHING!) there will be nowt left except the chassis, so driving it to the scrapyard would be rather difficult. :P

As for cutting it up I know its extreme but I would have to pay the scrapyard to take it off me with the amont that will be left of it
Tahrey1043
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: Birmingham! Enjoys: The pseudo-G-Smiles provided by a 1.6 Megane Sport valver...

Post by Tahrey1043 »

requirements: several bricks, two towropes, a couple mates, and someone that's a bit handy with a jack and wheelbrace

leave nothing but the wheels in place, tow the rolling shell to the yard, one car to pull one to stop it, jack up, remove wheels, lower on to bricks, scarper :D
peteg40
New

Post by peteg40 »

leave nothing but the wheels on tahrey??? so no rear axle or front struts then - he he he