Today I am driving ... a Nissan Micra 2016

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Re: Today I am driving ... a Nissan Micra 2016

Post by monkeyhanger »

Leif wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:00 pm As I understand it the extra diesel dumped 8nto the sump can also raise the sump level which can cause serious problems.
The car will probably demand an early oil change before that happens (or at least I would hope it would detect a high fill/low viscosity or calculate how much fuel has gone in to determine a high level).
Andy Beats
Drives: Nissan Leaf 40KW (and Polo United)

Post by Andy Beats »

Leif wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:00 pm As I understand it the extra diesel dumped 8nto the sump can also raise the sump level which can cause serious problems.
What's your actual ownership experience of DPF equipped diesels, out of curiosity?
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

The Mrs Nissan Note that she had for 7 years from new (2011) was the diesel. in the 7 years it had covered 45,000 miles and not once did the Note have any trouble with the DPF, at one point the note was only used for shopping, about 7 miles each way and that was for about 3 years, no motorway motoring, just shopping. I'd heard of the cost the Nissan dealers charge for a regen or even fitting a new DPF. So I took it down the motorway for a blast, but even in the handbook, they tell you to do a constant speed where possible for about 20 minutes to clear the DPF. And for a 1.5 diesel it pulled well. Good little engine.
One small comment though, the Note had a 10 gallon tank, if you were to go on a long trip in it, and filled right up to the neck, the needle on the gauge went past the full tank mark, and you could do 100+ miles before it got down to the full mark. Now with the polo only having an 8 gallon tank, the needle drops like a stone. It's nice to have room in the boot, but a 10 gallon tank would be nice.
blackertracker
Bronze Member
Drives: ..

Post by blackertracker »

6C Polo has a 45 litre / 10 imperial gallon tank...
Adam_013
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo Beats 1.0 95PS

Post by Adam_013 »

blackertracker wrote:6C Polo has a 45 litre / 10 imperial gallon tank...
Indeed, same as 9n3. The new AW has a 40L tank

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Andy Beats
Drives: Nissan Leaf 40KW (and Polo United)

Post by Andy Beats »

silverhairs wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:02 pm I'd heard of the cost the Nissan dealers charge for a regen or even fitting a new DPF.
This is another misconception about DPFs some people have, that cleaning/replacement is mega expensive.
Get it cleaned out for not much money (I'm sceptical of the in-situ cleaning services, I'd prefer it taken off) or even replace it with an aftermarket DPF for £250 and some fitting.
Not aimed at you, but it's amazing how people's ideas of DPFs are still based on the early days of them.
It's weird that they don't keep abreast of developments.
I mean, I remember when TVs were so unreliable the 'radio rentals' van was never away from the street, it doesn't mean I think TVs are unreliable now.