Autowatch Ghost Immobiliser

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
mike sel
Silver Member
Drives: SEL

Re: Autowatch Ghost Immobiliser

Post by mike sel »

Andy Beats wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:10 am
mike sel wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:00 am I don't have the GTI so I do not see why anyone would want to steal a 115 SEL Polo. Surely they will target expensive or high powered cars.
Yeah, car thieves seem to fall into two groups.
Professional thieves that are stealing with a buyer in mind and joy riders.
I can't see a humdrum Polo appealing to either of those groups, not unless it's so easy to nick it's too tempting for them.
And I include my own Polo in that humdrum statement, BTW, wasn't having a go at the SEL in particular.
Christ, if joyriders stole my 95bhp Polo the police would report they were in a luke-warm pursuit! :D
Yea I drove a loan, very base modal SE 95 manual for a couple of weeks on a 68 plate, your describing it as "Humdrum" is a bit unfair of you LOL. I hated the 5 gears, the reduced power, the keys being used to start the car and hanging down tapping my right knee, I hated the lack of heated seats, the very plain analogue dash, the lack or reverse camera, no internal ambient lighting no park assist to play with no driver mode switch, no cruise control let alone active cruise, no blind spot warning. No sports seats, rear drums brakes, no sat nav, it goes on and on.

I imagine you would feel it gets you around safely and at a cost you can live with and I guess unless your going to drive a high end car that's all the base modal VWs Audis and BMWs will ever do.
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

The thieves are not worried what car it is, as long as they have wheels, you talk about the "Autowatch ghost immobiliser, which might be OK, but I've not seen any price for it or how easy it is to fit?
At the moment "Euro Car Parts" are selling a "Streetwize vehicle & personal GPS tracker @ £67.99. It's 5cm X 5cm X 2cm. You put in a PAYG sim card you then phone the sim card and it will tell you where about it is by showing a map on your phone.
It may not stop thieves pinching your motor, but you'll know where it is :D Also it can be used with kids or dogs
steeve
Bronze Member
Drives: Mk10 GTI+

Post by steeve »

Do some checking on line to find a reputable and very experienced fitter for the Autowatch Ghost.
There have been quite a few issues with these units, mainly down (as fas as I cam ascertain) to poor fitting. VW garages generally refuse to touch any electronic problems on cars fitted with these items.