Still loving the car?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
zdenek_kalok
New
Drives: 2018 AW

Still loving the car?

Post by zdenek_kalok »

Are the Volkswagen Polo owners still enjoining their car? do you still feel the same as you did when you first sat inside it? do you regret buying the car? :?:
Just something to talk about really....!
Andy Beats
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Nissan Leaf 40KW (and Polo United)

Re: Still loving the car?

Post by Andy Beats »

I would class mine as 'adequate transport'.
I don't love it, but I don't hate it either.
It's just A to B transport that keeps the rain off, like any car to me now.
As I get older, where I go is far more important than how I get there. :)
Dark_cze
Silver Member
Drives: AW GTI with MT

Post by Dark_cze »

I do love mine :D 2.0 TSI makes me smile almost every day ;) Finaly was nice enough weather to wash it :)
Attachments
20190226_164655.jpg
reyonalmighty
New
Drives: Polo SE 2018

Post by reyonalmighty »

zdenek_kalok wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:06 pm Are the Volkswagen Polo owners still enjoining their car? do you still feel the same as you did when you first sat inside it? do you regret buying the car? :?:
Just something to talk about really....!
Defintly not the same feeling when i first got it. Wish i choose a better spec, but there was no way that i was going to wait anything more then a month for a polo. (Ordered and got it two weeks after) during the time i ordered any extra spec would result in a year wait maybe more for the car. Glad iv almost :wink: finished bringing down my negative equity to trade in my car for maybe a saloon mercedes. :wink:
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Yep, still loving it. Not as quick (nowhere near off the line, but surprisingly not far behind when rolling) as my Golf R, but feels better to drive (nimbler) - especially now I'm rid of the Flintstone tyres. The R is a very quick but rock solid tank by comparison. The Polo's dash is light years ahead of my pre-faceluft Golf's.

At £5k less than a Golf GTI (even after the incentives VW are chucking at the Golf as it nears the end of production), it doesn't feel like a car That costs £7k less at RRP.

I wouldn't touch a 1.0 Polo though, I like my performance too much and the GTI is pretty good for economy on a run.

Considering it's price, standard kit on the GTI+ and expected residuals, it's got to be one of the best value hot hatches out there to buy and run.

My only real regret is not ordering climate control for the wife as she's going to be cold driving it in the winter - it's really in need of an auxiliary heater for those first 6 miles of a Winter journey.

The plugin VW Connect's app implies that there may be a way to retrospectively add an aux heater. I'd do it if the cost is reasonable. If anyone finds a way to do this (maybe Dark_cze with his Ekta knowledge?), I'd be keen to know.
blackertracker
Bronze Member
Drives: ..

Post by blackertracker »

monkeyhanger wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:39 pm My only real regret is not ordering climate control for the wife as she's going to be cold driving it in the winter - it's really in need of an auxiliary heater for those first 6 miles of a Winter journey.

The plugin VW Connect's app implies that there may be a way to retrospectively add an aux heater. I'd do it if the cost is reasonable. If anyone finds a way to do this (maybe Dark_cze with his Ekta knowledge?), I'd be keen to know.
Not sure why your GTI doesn’t heat up quickly? My 6C has the fastest warm-up of any car I’ve had. The EA888 Gen3 has an exhaust manifold-in-head design that heats the coolant up quicker, as well as the water cooled turbo.
I just gave someone a lift tonight, 6 degrees C outside, car was cold but after 1 mile it was blowing warm air to the feet. Shortly afterwards the coolant gauge rose to 90C.
I have Climatronic, but no auxiliary heater. It will not start automatically blowing warm air until the coolant is hot enough.
Also have heated seats but they’re almost redundant except on very cold days.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

blackertracker wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:49 pm
monkeyhanger wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:39 pm My only real regret is not ordering climate control for the wife as she's going to be cold driving it in the winter - it's really in need of an auxiliary heater for those first 6 miles of a Winter journey.

Not sure why your GTI doesn’t heat up quickly? My 6C has the fastest warm-up of any car I’ve had. The EA888 Gen3 has an exhaust manifold-in-head design that heats the coolant up quicker, as well as the water cooled turbo.
I just gave someone a lift tonight, 6 degrees C outside, car was cold but after 1 mile it was blowing warm air to the feet. Shortly afterwards the coolant gauge rose to 90C.
I have Climatronic, but no auxiliary heater. It will not start automatically blowing warm air until the coolant is hot enough.
I was under the impression that climatronic had an auxiliary heater, to facilitate being able to attain and maintain a selected temperature in the cabin.

My coolant is up to 90C in about 2 miles, oil to 90C in 6 miles when it is less than about 6C ambient. Don't get appreciably warm air from the temp dial sat at 12o'clock until 5 or 6 miles in.
Dark_cze
Silver Member

Post by Dark_cze »

monkeyhanger wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:39 pm The plugin VW Connect's app implies that there may be a way to retrospectively add an aux heater. I'd do it if the cost is reasonable. If anyone finds a way to do this (maybe Dark_cze with his Ekta knowledge?), I'd be keen to know.
Hi as far as I know there is nothing like aux heater in any polo :-) in winter I started enhine,put heater to max windshield blowing, turned on rear defroster and turned on seat heating. Then scratched ice from all windows exept from rear pas. windows. And when it was done there was already little warm air :-) But i will take a look honestly it would be nice to have aux heater in winter from golf or other vw model :)
Dark_cze
Silver Member

Post by Dark_cze »

monkeyhanger wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:03 pm I was under the impression that climatronic had an auxiliary heater, to facilitate being able to attain and maintain a selected temperature in the cabin.

My coolant is up to 90C in about 2 miles, oil to 90C in 6 miles when it is less than about 6C ambient. Don't get appreciably warm air from the temp dial sat at 12o'clock until 5 or 6 miles in.
it looks like there might be aux heater on non climatronic cars :D
Attachments
heater1.png
heater2.png
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

That last entry of the table, with code 7E6 is what I was hoping to see - electric auxiliary air heater. Anyone with that should have access to instant warm air, surely?
blackertracker
Bronze Member
Drives: ..

Post by blackertracker »

monkeyhanger wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:03 pm
blackertracker wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:49 pm

I was under the impression that climatronic had an auxiliary heater, to facilitate being able to attain and maintain a selected temperature in the cabin.

Fairly sure it doesn’t have one. I don’t get instant warm air. Aux heaters are common on VW diesels, not needed for turbo petrol engines unless they are cold climate market cars e.g. Norway, Siberia.
You might try turning the heat dial to full, it’s not thermostatic and will restrict full coolant flow to the heater matrix if you have it set half way.
On naturally aspirated petrol cars I tend to leave the heater set to cold initially to facilitate engine warm up but this isn’t necessary on the GTI engine.
Used to drive a friend’s Fiesta Econetic turbo diesel and that took forever to blow warm air, no aux heater! Hopeless in winter.
zach.lambert
New

Post by zach.lambert »

I am still loving mine. Even with all the recalls and faults that have crept in.
The door leaking was a big one but I wouldn't have any other car now.