Polo 64 plate stalling issues diesel 1.4l

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Wiii7
New
Drives: Mk5 64plate

Polo 64 plate stalling issues diesel 1.4l

Post by Wiii7 »

Hi I have just purchased a 64 plate polo 1.4 diesel blue motion SE. I have been stalling it a lot when driving it. First of all I thought I just need to get used to the car coming from a 1.6 fiesta. But two other members of my family have had real Trouble with it especially when hill gold assist kicks in it makes it nearly impossible to pull away without stalling it. (I brought this of a main VW dealer they are having a look at it this week but I was just wondering if anyone had the same or similar issue?)
finlay-waddell
New
Drives: 1.6 TDI 6R

Re: Polo 64 plate stalling issues diesel 1.4l

Post by finlay-waddell »

I had the same problem with mine when I first got it but you eventually just get used to it. Sometimes when I need to pull away fast I accept I can’t just because it’ll stall. Unfortunately you can’t disable them so you’ll just have to live with it
Wiii7
New
Drives: Mk5 64plate

Post by Wiii7 »

Thanks for the reply Finlay. I’m glad you hear I’m not the only one.
quinnyefc
New
Drives: POLO SE DESIGN 56plate 1.4 TDI

Post by quinnyefc »

I’ve got a 65 plate 1.4 Tdi myself

Had quite a few problems with the clutch, anyone that seems to get in it Stalls in it
Feels very different to other cars, I’ve had it from brand new and within the first 12 months I had the master cylinder and slave cylinder in the clutch replaced as they where defective
Clutch was getting stuck half way in and had to pull it out with my foot!

And then recently needed a whole new clutch, drive shaft and flywheel all which where defective

Something definitely not right with clutch on these Diesel engines

As said above though apart from that, you will get used to it took me a few weeks, but now I don’t stall at all.

Although when reversing when trying to park I frequently still stall as it seems very sensitive
jammydodger
Silver Member
Drives: 6R GTI

Post by jammydodger »

Both me and my sister have the 1.4 TDI models, her's stall easier than mine (mine is the 90PS version) and both have had their clutch and DMF replaced at around 20K for my sisters and 35K for mine. I found if I'm on any type of incline I need to slip the clutch slightly by revving the engine to around 1200rpm whilst I'm setting off...

That being said, I'm on 80K now and no further issues with the clutch etc...
quinnyefc
New
Drives: POLO SE DESIGN 56plate 1.4 TDI

Post by quinnyefc »

I had the exact same replace, mine was about 25000 miles.

had to get master and slave cylinder done at about 10000 aswell

I do have to rev abit myself as you stated, and sometimes clutch feels looser than others.

mines going back in 2 weeks to be replaced with a nice petrol t-roc

fingers crossed I don't get any issues!