Anyone else got these issues with their Polo?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Harrihealey02
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 SEL

Anyone else got these issues with their Polo?

Post by Harrihealey02 »

Hi guys I recently took delivery of my Polo on the 5th of March since then everything's been great the car is amazing but I've had a few little problems. The first one was a wire around the rear USB ports was sticking up the fascia of the plastic armrest case which is being sorted tomorrow. Over the next couple of days I discovered my right driver side air vent does not work. When I turn the knob for the first time to turn it on it was stiff, but became looser after the but no air coming through. There is a flap that opens and closes but it's not linked up with the knob like it is on the other side so I'm getting it looked into tomorrow as well. The other issue I had was one of my tyres was going down very slowly. It could be a small leak with the valve so that's also being checked and the final one was a missing piece of Chrome strip trim on the front grille that should be standard on the SEL.
Andy Beats
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Nissan Leaf 40KW (and Polo United)

Re: Anyone else got these issues with their Polo?

Post by Andy Beats »

Sounds like the first time you used the vent knob, you used excessive force because it was stiff and broke it.
The USB wire and lack of chrome trim is poor PDI from the dealer.
The tyre is just one of those things, maybe because the car was sitting in a field for months etc.
coastline88
New
Drives: Polo SE 1.0 TSI 95PS

Post by coastline88 »

Had my car for a couple of week's now and very happy with it.

I've probably only driven the car a handful of times over the two weeks as I've been away.

Yesterday with better weather, I stuck the aircon on for a bit of cool air and turned the fan up. I noticed there was no air from the drivers side vent. No stiffness in the wheel just a bit of a click as if something wasn't attached properly.

All other vents are working correctly.

Strange that it's the same vent as you.

Will be getting in touch with VW on Monday to sort it out.

How did you get on with getting yours fixed?
Dreamscape
New
Drives: 6AW

Post by Dreamscape »

Overall, the car is great. I have only one minor problem with it. Handbrake button is kind of loose and it makes noise while driving.
Andy Beats

Post by Andy Beats »

Dreamscape wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:51 pm Overall, the car is great. I have only one minor problem with it. Handbrake button is kind of loose and it makes noise while driving.
My Audi A3 had the same issue, but the rattle actually sounded like it was coming from the dash.
Anyway, they 'packed out' the handbrake button and that was the rattle sorted.
Dreamscape
New
Drives: 6AW

Post by Dreamscape »

Yeah it took me a while to find source of the rattle. I'm relieved it's that button, not something on the dash, it seems like an easier fix.
Andy Beats

Post by Andy Beats »

Dreamscape wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:00 pm Yeah it took me a while to find source of the rattle. I'm relieved it's that button, not something on the dash, it seems like an easier fix.
Took a few trips to the dealer for me with my Audi.
Then, when it still wasn't fixed, I insisted on a test drive with a mechanic and as soon as he touched the handbrake button the rattle stopped. :mrgreen:
Hallelujah, it was driving me mad.
MilgeS
Silver Member
Drives: R-Line and Gti+

Post by MilgeS »

Andy Beats wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:17 pm
Dreamscape wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:51 pm Overall, the car is great. I have only one minor problem with it. Handbrake button is kind of loose and it makes noise while driving.
My Audi A3 had the same issue, but the rattle actually sounded like it was coming from the dash.
Anyway, they 'packed out' the handbrake button and that was the rattle sorted.
Can you enlighten how your button was packed at all please ?
MattHGR
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI+

Post by MattHGR »

Noticed a dash rattle in my polo the last few days. Disappeared when the cabin warmed up a little.

Thanks to that post earlier, I found it was the metal handbrake button..
Don't fancy going back to dealer because the button rattles, so if anyone knows some DIY, I'm all ears