Another Safety Recall...

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
jdunstone16
New
Drives: VW Polo Beats 2018

Another Safety Recall...

Post by jdunstone16 »

Just got this through the post today. Another safety recall, this time regarding the handbrake cable on all models with rear drum brakes.

Wondering when the recalls for the Polo will actually stop...
Attachments
fullsizeoutput_c75.jpeg
CJ-77
New
Drives: Polo 1.0TSI SE

Re: Another Safety Recall...

Post by CJ-77 »

I just checked my car and the VIN falls within the range of both of these recalls. I'm guessing that I shouldn't assume both of these recalls have been seen to on my car even though I only picked it up mid last month?

I'm guessing VW don't have a website/page to check these things?
Paul237
New
Drives: MK10

Post by Paul237 »

I got the same letter. Like you say, it's the second product recall and I've only had my car for 7 months. My last two Polos had no such issues!

My parents recently bought a used '68 Polo from our local VW dealer and I told them to check if it's impacted by the seatbelt issue (this was before I knew about this latest recall). The dealer still hasn't confirmed and it's been over two weeks now.
Andy Beats
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Nissan Leaf 40KW (and Polo United)

Post by Andy Beats »

Got my handbrake recall done last week, took under 10 minutes (I refused the free wash and health check).
joe6
Bronze Member
Drives: Golf Mk6 GTI (Scirocco gone) Polo 6c GTI

Post by joe6 »

I think VAG customers need to accept that new models out will have defects because there is insufficient testing by this manufacturer and this has been ongoing for about the last about 10 years. These days I wait for the model to be manufactured for 3 years so that the poor early customers complete the VAG testing and suffer the problems!!
Andy Beats
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Nissan Leaf 40KW (and Polo United)

Post by Andy Beats »

joe6 wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:21 am These days I wait for the model to be manufactured for 3 years so that the poor early customers complete the VAG testing and suffer the problems!!
That's a bit extreme.
It means you're getting cars just at the point a new one is coming out.
joe6
Bronze Member
Drives: Golf Mk6 GTI (Scirocco gone) Polo 6c GTI

Post by joe6 »

Yes agree it is a bit extreme but suffered in the past from issues in a Golf and Scirocco just outside of the warranty that were manufacturing defects that VW new about but unwilling to accept and so no good will. The advantage of my strategy is fewer problems and bigger discounts.