Drivers door won't open from the inside

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
dazz
New
Drives: Polo 6R Comfort Line 2010

Drivers door won't open from the inside

Post by dazz »

Hi
My drivers door won't open from the inside. It opens from the outside no problem.

I have taken the door card off. Everything I can see looks OK. The visible end of the bowden cable was engaged with the handle. Noting is broken.
The bowden cable has tension. When I pull the cable forward, there is spring tension that retracts it when released.
What ever the problem is, it is with the actual door latch mechanism, not the handle end.

How do I go about fixing this? Do I need to remove the latch? Are individual parts available or do I need to buy a whole unit?

Dazz
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: Drivers door won't open from the inside

Post by RUM4MO »

Are you sure that the outer of the bowden cable is being retained at the correct points and that there is not too much lack so that the handle does not run out of travel before the door latch is fully released?
dazz
New
Drives: Polo 6R Comfort Line 2010

Post by dazz »

Hi
I have tried pulling the inner cable alone and I can't open the door. I can't see enough to figure out if there is a problem with the outer.
This is going to be difficult for me to fix because the car is my daily drive and the only time I can take it apart is the weekend, when the local dealer is shut. Of course the dealer would have to order any parts in.

Can I get the latch unit out without removing the window??
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Sorry, I can't say - Google might have the answer as these door lock mechs will be the say for Skoda Fabia and SEAT Ibiza.