New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by monkeyhanger »

Peeceuk/gnome:

In case there's any confusion with my last post highlighting DVLA's incompetence in chasing me to pay tax on a car they have acknowledged almost 3 weeks ago is no longer mine, I haven't got my V5 doc from the DVLA already,

My dealership have got me to sign a document that confirms the correct details are down to pass on to the DVLA when the car is delivered.

They have a bank of reg numbers and have allocated a certain one to my car.

My order is being fulfilled by the fleet arm of the Listers group in the Midlands. Fleet cars seem to have shorter lead times from order confirmed to build than retail cars perhaps they get transport priority from the UK docks too? It might be a volume thing - if a car carrier truck can hold 10 cars, maybe they won't deliver to your dealer until it has 10 cars waiting to go? If that's the case, a bigger dealership group is going to be waiting a shorter time for a full transporter.

Just surmising here, trying to make logic from the seemingly illogical VW build/transport process.
gnome
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI Plus

Post by gnome »

So after whining on here that my dealership doesn't know when it'll arrive, just had a call to say it'll be about 7 days before I can pick it up (are you reading my posts Mr.Sales Guy?). So hopefully this time next week, I should have it :mrgreen:
l3rady
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+ 2019

Post by l3rady »

Just checked in with my dealer to see how things are going. Just been told my car has been built and is in transit. Tracker is still showing as build week confirmed, so it is completely useless.

Been shown a screenshot of their system showing the original build week as 15, actual build week as 17. It shows the car is currently in transit and at Emden along with a load of other info such as Vin and engine number. The excitement is building!
swiety77
New
Drives: GTI

Post by swiety77 »

Hi Guys! I ordered Polo GTI for my wife 10.10.18. Today I get info from Volkswagen Group Poland worker that our GTI is already in Emden from 06.05 :)
So about 2 weeks and we'll get it!
peeceeuk
Bronze Member
Drives: Snazzy red GTi

Post by peeceeuk »

Pay the tracker no attention.
Mine is still at 5a and is in the UK at which point the tracker should have gone on to 6.
Vesselfinder and communication with your dealer is going to give you a better idea about what's going on.
gnome
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI Plus

Post by gnome »

peeceeuk wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 6:13 pm Pay the tracker no attention.
Mine is still at 5a and is in the UK at which point the tracker should have gone on to 6.
Vesselfinder and communication with your dealer is going to give you a better idea about what's going on.
This is the truth, the tracker is useless.

When I spoke to my dealer today, he mentioned he had to call a customer today and tell him that his SEL he'd ordered 2 months ago will not be ready until near Christmas. What is going on with VW. :roll:
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

l3rady wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 6:04 pm Just checked in with my dealer to see how things are going. Just been told my car has been built and is in transit. Tracker is still showing as build week confirmed, so it is completely useless.

Been shown a screenshot of their system showing the original build week as 15, actual build week as 17. It shows the car is currently in transit and at Emden along with a load of other info such as Vin and engine number. The excitement is building!
If your car was built BW17 and was built in SA, there's no way that it is in Emden less than 2 weeks later. Most likely it is in Emden now because it was built in BW14 or 15.
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by S_94 »

Drove out of the dealership on Saturday with the tracker still on 'In Transit'...
JMiddo94
New
Drives: 2019 GTI

Post by JMiddo94 »

Is it just my car that can't keep the time? It creeps fast each week and I have to keep setting it back a few minutes, really annoying!
phillos
Bronze Member
Drives: '19 Polo (AW)

Post by phillos »

JMiddo94 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 7:11 pm Is it just my car that can't keep the time? It creeps fast each week and I have to keep setting it back a few minutes, really annoying!
You need to drive slower mate!
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

JMiddo94 wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 7:11 pm Is it just my car that can't keep the time? It creeps fast each week and I have to keep setting it back a few minutes, really annoying!
Odd, not like it's a Seiko wind up watch behind the dash. Mine keeps time fine. Not sure if it's a quartz watch or whether the radio broadcast updates the time.
Nora
Bronze Member
Drives: A polo

Post by Nora »

When it came to deciding wether to detail my new car myself, (which I’m more than capable of doing and have the equipment etc), or get a professional to do it?
I figure it’s on par with doing with doing certain major things around the home, decorating, plumbing or electrical work.
I Can turn my hands at the majority of these tasks, but could I do it as efficiently and quickly as they could.
Let’s say you buy a new home, it needs decorating, some pipe work for the washing machine, a few extra lights putting up. After long hours at work do I really want to come home and get stuck in to any of the jobs that you could pay someone else to do while your at work, or do you do what your good at (ie your job) and use the money you earn to pay someone else to do the work, this enabling you to come home after a long day and relax
peeceeuk
Bronze Member
Drives: Snazzy red GTi

Post by peeceeuk »

I guess that could come down to whether you enjoy your job enough to get home and not find something personally more satisfying to get your head into that might also be relaxing.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

I'd rather put £800 towards a trip away and do the work I'm more than capable of doing to a barely noticeable lesser standard. For me, I can't see £800 value in someone making my car a little bit shinier than I can get it.

Realistically, how many continuous hours graft on your car alone will that detailer do over the 2 days theh have it? I'm guessing 6-8 hours. £70-£100 an hour and maybe £100 on materials is something I couldn't justify to my sensibilities.

I would plumb in that new washing machine, and did that and renovated my house top to bottom (£18k materials at trade rates and a few months spare time saved me paying a builder £45k for the same work) because I'm not going to pay someone 3-5x my hourly rate at work to do a job I can do to a high standard.

Then again I put in 37-40 hours a week at work. If I was doing a 60+ hour working week, or on mega bucks I might re-evaluate my spare time (and would probably be in an Audi RS3).
swiety77
New
Drives: GTI

Post by swiety77 »

peeceeuk wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 6:13 pm Pay the tracker no attention.
Maybe I didn't write it clear :) I'm working as a car seller in VW Dealer. We have system which calls Nadin where we can order cars and check their status.
Unfortunately Nadin is not ideal :) We can only check CP8 Date (end of production ) and start of shipping. I have info about actual localization in Emden from our administator in VGP ( Volkswagen Group Poland ).
We will wait for our GTI for about half year :) When I changed Brescia wheels to standard Milton Keynes it goes faster :wink: