New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW model Polos here!
peeceeuk
Bronze Member
Posts: 207
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:10 pm
Drives: Snazzy red GTi
Location: Maidenhead

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by peeceeuk » Wed May 15, 2019 8:24 am

monkeyhanger wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 10:25 pm


I'd give the Primacy a go if you've got Parkers.
Fair enough.
They're on there and the few miles I've covered thus far have seemed comfortable enough.

gonk1959
Bronze Member
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:21 pm
Drives: 2016 Gti polo
Location: high wycombe

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by gonk1959 » Wed May 15, 2019 9:42 am

SRGTD wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 8:17 pm
peeceeuk wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:48 pm
Had a bit of a surprise when the dealer was giving me the interior tour.
Showing the buttons near the gear lever, he pressed parking sensor button which I did not know I was going to have.
I do not recall seeing it as a standard feature on the GTi+.
I wasn't bothered enough to order it but since I have it, I'm pretty chuffed it's there.
S_94 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:56 pm
Same here I didn't know that was a feature! Very nice to have.

Have found mine goes a bit mad though even if I'm nowhere near hitting something.
Front and rear parking sensors have been part of the GTI/GTI+ standard spec from day one.
yeah got parking sensors on my current 15 plate GTI and they have always randomly gone off when I been know where near a kerb/bollard/fence/wall etc

gonk1959
Bronze Member
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:21 pm
Drives: 2016 Gti polo
Location: high wycombe

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by gonk1959 » Wed May 15, 2019 9:45 am

gonk1959 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 9:42 am
SRGTD wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 8:17 pm
peeceeuk wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:48 pm
Had a bit of a surprise when the dealer was giving me the interior tour.
Showing the buttons near the gear lever, he pressed parking sensor button which I did not know I was going to have.
I do not recall seeing it as a standard feature on the GTi+.
I wasn't bothered enough to order it but since I have it, I'm pretty chuffed it's there.
S_94 wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:56 pm
Same here I didn't know that was a feature! Very nice to have.

Have found mine goes a bit mad though even if I'm nowhere near hitting something.
Front and rear parking sensors have been part of the GTI/GTI+ standard spec from day one.
yeah got parking sensors on my current 15 plate GTI and they have always randomly gone off when I been know where near a kerb/bollard/fence/wall etc
Can anyone who has their GTI+ confirm what sort of carpets it come with ? Does it have luxury ones with the red piping ? I'm thinking of being naughty otherwise and taking mine out of my old GTI to put in new. Otherwise may order after markets if it dont come with them?

Robint
Bronze Member
Posts: 133
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:30 am
Drives: 2018 polo GTI
Location: Nottingham

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by Robint » Wed May 15, 2019 9:50 am

My GTI plus came with standard mats no red piping


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gonk1959
Bronze Member
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:21 pm
Drives: 2016 Gti polo
Location: high wycombe

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by gonk1959 » Wed May 15, 2019 11:03 am

Robint wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 9:50 am
My GTI plus came with standard mats no red piping


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the heads up Robint. I will take mine out then for new car and put the new ones into old car. Mine have the red stitching and are very clean.

gonk1959
Bronze Member
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:21 pm
Drives: 2016 Gti polo
Location: high wycombe

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by gonk1959 » Wed May 15, 2019 11:24 am

gonk1959 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 8:09 am
peeceeuk wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 8:23 am
gnome wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 8:15 am
Just got my stage 7, Car is at Dealership. :mrgreen: That means its sat 1 mile from where I work :| Soo close now!
Got mine too just now.
It gave me news I already knew.
Seems they are rolling into the dealerships thick n fast then guys and gals. I got call last night to say paperwork in post and I should have car this week end or following week. Happy days at last
update...just received my stage 7 as well :D

SRGTD
Platinum Member
Posts: 1551
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:40 pm
Drives: 2016 6C Polo GTI 5 door, Blue Silk
Location: UK

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by SRGTD » Wed May 15, 2019 12:00 pm

gonk1959 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 11:03 am
Robint wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 9:50 am
My GTI plus came with standard mats no red piping


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the heads up Robint. I will take mine out then for new car and put the new ones into old car. Mine have the red stitching and are very clean.
There’s a fair chance they won’t fit very well. With the current Polo being larger than the previous generation car, the footwell space will also be larger, so the mats are likely to be too small to fit up to the edge of the footwell. There could also be differences between the shape of the footwell and the push stud fastenings in your new car are unlikely to line up with the fastenings on the mats from your current car.

If the red stitching is really important to you, you could always get a set from somewhere like carmats4u.com where you can customise the mats to your requirements, so it should be possible to get a set of black mats (you can choose the grade of carpet used) with red stitching and the correct press stud fastenings that are specific to the current Polo. You can also have a GTI logo added if that’s your thing.

https://www.carmats4u.com/tailored-car- ... wards.html

monkeyhanger
Platinum Member
Posts: 1418
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:58 pm
Drives: Golf R, Polo GTI+ (pre GPF)
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by monkeyhanger » Wed May 15, 2019 2:22 pm

I have the white one and it has just had its change of tyres in Costco. Having a Costco hot dog before heading home.

gonk1959
Bronze Member
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:21 pm
Drives: 2016 Gti polo
Location: high wycombe

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by gonk1959 » Wed May 15, 2019 3:00 pm

SRGTD wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 12:00 pm
gonk1959 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 11:03 am
Robint wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 9:50 am
My GTI plus came with standard mats no red piping


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the heads up Robint. I will take mine out then for new car and put the new ones into old car. Mine have the red stitching and are very clean.
There’s a fair chance they won’t fit very well. With the current Polo being larger than the previous generation car, the footwell space will also be larger, so the mats are likely to be too small to fit up to the edge of the footwell. There could also be differences between the shape of the footwell and the push stud fastenings in your new car are unlikely to line up with the fastenings on the mats from your current car.

If the red stitching is really important to you, you could always get a set from somewhere like carmats4u.com where you can customise the mats to your requirements, so it should be possible to get a set of black mats (you can choose the grade of carpet used) with red stitching and the correct press stud fastenings that are specific to the current Polo. You can also have a GTI logo added if that’s your thing.

https://www.carmats4u.com/tailored-car- ... wards.html
Thats exactly the company I just ordered a set from via ebay

Bramcoteboy27
New
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:02 pm
Drives: Waiting for gti+
Location: Lincolnshire

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by Bramcoteboy27 » Wed May 15, 2019 3:17 pm

Ready to go at last
Attachments
144D4165-F7F9-4ADD-8A7A-634953CD4377.jpeg

gonk1959
Bronze Member
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:21 pm
Drives: 2016 Gti polo
Location: high wycombe

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by gonk1959 » Wed May 15, 2019 3:52 pm

Bramcoteboy27 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 3:17 pm
Ready to go at last
Nice. I nearly went for black but opted for white instead. Also same as you with standard wheels purely because they seem easier to get at the calipers for cleaning. my current wheels are a nightmare trying to reach the red calipers

monkeyhanger
Platinum Member
Posts: 1418
Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:58 pm
Drives: Golf R, Polo GTI+ (pre GPF)
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by monkeyhanger » Wed May 15, 2019 5:13 pm

Robint wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 9:50 am
My GTI plus came with standard mats no red piping


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You should have red stitching, not red piping. If you didn't get red stitching then you've been diddled. My new today white one has red stitched mats, as does my pre-wltp red one. Prefer rubber mats - they look newer for longer and don't wear out at the heel of your right foot.

RyanH
New
Posts: 27
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:10 pm
Drives: Polo GTI+ (On it's way)
Location: Manchester

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by RyanH » Wed May 15, 2019 5:45 pm

The latest pricelist says the GTI & GTI+ comes with "Carpet mats, front and rear with red stitching"

Nora
Bronze Member
Posts: 146
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:34 pm
Drives: A polo
Location: Here

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by Nora » Wed May 15, 2019 7:49 pm

I haven’t fitted my mats yet, but iirc there a red stitched thread around the edge. I took the OEM boot liner from my previous 6R and put it in the new car, it is noticeably smaller, not by much however it doesn’t fit as snugly as it did in the 6R.

I received a phone call today from the online retailer of the spare Brescia rim I ordered online https://www.volkswagenpartsuk.co.uk/par ... -machined/, they wanted to know my registration to check that it is the correct rim for my car. They also confirmed what I suspected that it isn’t an OEM rim, And that it comes from the same factory but not via VAG supply chain. Because it is 1/3 of the OEM price, they state they cannot be 100% certain it will match the ones fitted to the car. But as I intended to keep it as a spare I’m not too worried.
It seems however the lead time is several weeks, as they have to order it in from the supplier so once I get it I’ll post up a review

SRGTD
Platinum Member
Posts: 1551
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:40 pm
Drives: 2016 6C Polo GTI 5 door, Blue Silk
Location: UK

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by SRGTD » Wed May 15, 2019 8:30 pm

Nora wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 7:49 pm
I haven’t fitted my mats yet, but iirc there a red stitched thread around the edge. I took the OEM boot liner from my previous 6R and put it in the new car, it is noticeably smaller, not by much however it doesn’t fit as snugly as it did in the 6R.

I received a phone call today from the online retailer of the spare Brescia rim I ordered online https://www.volkswagenpartsuk.co.uk/par ... -machined/, they wanted to know my registration to check that it is the correct rim for my car. They also confirmed what I suspected that it isn’t an OEM rim, And that it comes from the same factory but not via VAG supply chain. Because it is 1/3 of the OEM price, they state they cannot be 100% certain it will match the ones fitted to the car. But as I intended to keep it as a spare I’m not too worried.
It seems however the lead time is several weeks, as they have to order it in from the supplier so once I get it I’ll post up a review
If the part number is the same as the part number of the wheels fitted to your car (it’ll be stamped on the reverse side of one of the wheel spokes), then the wheel should be the same. Volkswagenparts.co.uk website gives the part number as 2G0071498FZZ for Brescia alloys for the Polo GTI.

Post Reply