New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by monkeyhanger »

RyanH wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:12 am I hope so too. I know it can take a little while though so I’m trying not to get too excited just yet. That’s easier said than done though. Mine is going to VW Altrincham and they will also have to apply the Guard X so not sure whether that could slow it down or not. Still, shouldn’t be too long now and my wait is nothing compared to others on here.
How much is guard X costing?

If you're paying big money for it, I'd get a detailer to apply it rather than the dealership.
RyanH
New
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by RyanH »

It’s not costing anything. They made a mistake at one point so they put it in for free. It’s also just written on the bottom of the order form and not actually in with the figures so nothing is going into the PCP either. It is there as “apply only” so they will put it on but I won’t get a certificate saying it’s on there.
Griff74
Silver Member
Drives: 2019 Polo GTi+ in Reef blue

Post by Griff74 »

You aren't paying for that Guard X are you?? :shock:
SRGTD
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

I’d not want the dealer to apply Guard X, Lifeshine or any similar product to my car. If they were prepared to do it at no cost, I’d just ask them to supply the materials and I’d do it myself.

Preparation is key to the effectiveness, longevity and durability of these products. The car’s paintwork needs to be correctly prepared (decontamination, and possibly a single stage polish to remove any minor swirls and defects) before product application, so there’s good bonding of the product to the paintwork. The dealer will probably skip the prep stage - time is money to the dealer and they can afford to allocate enough time to prepare the paintwork. Also, it’s unlikely their ‘valeters’ have the skills to do the prep work. Lots of dealers don’t even know what embedded contaminants are or how to remove them, or what a safe two bucket wash method is.
Griff74
Silver Member
Drives: 2019 Polo GTi+ in Reef blue

Post by Griff74 »

SRGTD wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:08 am I’d not want the dealer to apply Guard X, Lifeshine or any similar product to my car. If they were prepared to do it at no cost, I’d just ask them to supply the materials and I’d do it myself.

Preparation is key to the effectiveness, longevity and durability of these products. The car’s paintwork needs to be correctly prepared (decontamination, and possibly a single stage polish to remove any minor swirls and defects) before product application, so there’s good bonding of the product to the paintwork. The dealer will probably skip the prep stage - time is money to the dealer and they can afford to allocate enough time to prepare the paintwork. Also, it’s unlikely their ‘valeters’ have the skills to do the prep work. Lots of dealers don’t even know what embedded contaminants are or how to remove them, or what a safe two bucket wash method is.
Exactly, I would never let a dealer appy that stuff to my car, the dealers my mate bought his M4 from applied it for "free", was shockingly bad, he had to get a professional detailer to remove it, properly prep the car and apply some decent ceramic sealer which looks flawless.
paulrodgers7
Getting There!
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi + White/black roof

Post by paulrodgers7 »

My wait is nearly over, got a confirmation photo from my sales person today, car still in its protective wrapping but it’s so close I can almost taste it :D

Date of order: 4th June 2018
Order number received: 6th June 2018
Order with the factory: 21st September 2018
Build week confirmed: 28th March 2019, build week 19
Car built: 8th May 2019
In transit 5a: 11th May 2019
In transit 5b: 1st June 2019
In transit 5c: 7th June 2019
Arrived in UK: 11th June 2019
At the Dealer: 19th June 2019
gegege
New
Drives: polo GTI 2019

Post by gegege »

paulrodgers7 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:48 pm My wait is nearly over, got a confirmation photo from my sales person today, car still in its protective wrapping but it’s so close I can almost taste it :D

Wow!! More than a year waiting. Hope it will be wreathing.
RyanH
New

Post by RyanH »

paulrodgers7 wrote:My wait is nearly over, got a confirmation photo from my sales person today, car still in its protective wrapping but it’s so close I can almost taste it :D

That’s great news Paul. I haven’t heard from my dealer yet but I’ve just had my stage 7 notification so mine can’t be far away either now.
Robint
Bronze Member
Drives: 2018 polo GTI

Post by Robint »

It’s great that you guys who have been waiting are getting your motors. Mine has just had its first years service only done 7000 miles and I love it so it will be worth the wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
paulrodgers7
Getting There!

Post by paulrodgers7 »

RyanH wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:51 am
paulrodgers7 wrote:My wait is nearly over, got a confirmation photo from my sales person today, car still in its protective wrapping but it’s so close I can almost taste it :D

That’s great news Paul. I haven’t heard from my dealer yet but I’ve just had my stage 7 notification so mine can’t be far away either now.

Exciting days for us Ryan, I recommend ‘Nytol’ :lol:
paulrodgers7
Getting There!

Post by paulrodgers7 »

Robint wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:54 am It’s great that you guys who have been waiting are getting your motors. Mine has just had its first years service only done 7000 miles and I love it so it will be worth the wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you Robin, I love reading about others experiences it really does enhance the anticipation :D
snowyboy
New
Drives: Polo blue gt

Post by snowyboy »

Hi all been following this post for well over a year now.some real decent info given.just to let others know who haven't received their cars yet what I have experienced so far.waited 14 months for my gti plus.deep black with brecia.great car but mine has been a problem child so far in less than 2 months it's had a new air vent which never worked from delivery.loads of rattles ,bits of loose trim still not complete.had knocking and creaking from suspension.had new top mounts but noises back again after 1 week.new hand brake lever.2 dents by people opening their doors onto it in carpark.i seem to have had a loan car for longer than I have had my car.wish I had my blue gt back tbh.thst was perfect in 4 years of ownership.now looking to get rid of it and get a fiesta st.sorry if I have put anyone off.good luck all.
Attachments
20190419_135627.jpg
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

snowyboy wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:38 am Hi all been following this post for well over a year now.some real decent info given.just to let others know who haven't received their cars yet what I have experienced so far.waited 14 months for my gti plus.deep black with brecia.great car but mine has been a problem child so far in less than 2 months it's had a new air vent which never worked from delivery.loads of rattles ,bits of loose trim still not complete.had knocking and creaking from suspension.had new top mounts but noises back again after 1 week.new hand brake lever.2 dents by people opening their doors onto it in carpark.i seem to have had a loan car for longer than I have had my car.wish I had my blue gt back tbh.thst was perfect in 4 years of ownership.now looking to get rid of it and get a fiesta st.sorry if I have put anyone off.good luck all.
If the car's still not right, you might be able to get rid via the rejection route, at little or no financial cost to yourself.
RyanH
New

Post by RyanH »

My collection is now all booked in for Tuesday afternoon. I don’t think I’ll be able to sleep until then.
green justin
Bronze Member
Drives: 2019 Polo GTI

Post by green justin »

snowyboy wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:38 am Hi all been following this post for well over a year now.some real decent info given.just to let others know who haven't received their cars yet what I have experienced so far.waited 14 months for my gti plus.deep black with brecia.great car but mine has been a problem child so far in less than 2 months it's had a new air vent which never worked from delivery.loads of rattles ,bits of loose trim still not complete.had knocking and creaking from suspension.had new top mounts but noises back again after 1 week.new hand brake lever.2 dents by people opening their doors onto it in carpark.i seem to have had a loan car for longer than I have had my car.wish I had my blue gt back tbh.thst was perfect in 4 years of ownership.now looking to get rid of it and get a fiesta st.sorry if I have put anyone off.good luck all.
I can’t believe the wait is so long. Is there a waiting list on the fiesta st?

It took me 2weeks to decide on Polo GTI or Golf GTI and another week to drive it off the show room.i had the option choosing between 8 different specd Polo GTI in the warehouse.

FYI.My uncle had a new 320i which was a lemon and swooped it for another 320i. No issues at all.