Turning Daytime Running Lights Off?

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
A17EUS
New
Drives: BlueGT

Turning Daytime Running Lights Off?

Post by A17EUS »

Hi, I am running a Polo BlueGT 2013. Just wondering is there is actually a way to deactivate the DRL? The manual says to hold the left stick down and back, then turn the key in the ignition. However, I have tried this several times and different ways and none of them seem to work. The only things on youtube involves taking wires out, which I really want to avoid.
I think the standard yellow halogen bulbs really discredit the cars appearance so I'm going to fit some whiter ones but would also like to be able to turn them off if possible? Also does anyone know which bulbs I actually need?
Thanks in advance
27_craig
Getting There!
Drives: Polo Blue GT

Re: Turning Daytime Running Lights Off?

Post by 27_craig »

Hi,

There is a menu on my 2016 polo BlueGT in the car settings area on the centre console display / radio screen to de activate?

Failing that you may be able to activate the menu using a Carista device through an app on your phone or similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
exantas
Bronze Member
Drives: Skoda Fabia 5J 1.2 TSI

Re: Turning Daytime Running Lights Off?

Post by exantas »

A17EUS wrote:Hi, I am running a Polo BlueGT 2013. Just wondering is there is actually a way to deactivate the DRL? The manual says to hold the left stick down and back, then turn the key in the ignition. However, I have tried this several times and different ways and none of them seem to work. The only things on youtube involves taking wires out, which I really want to avoid.
I think the standard yellow halogen bulbs really discredit the cars appearance so I'm going to fit some whiter ones but would also like to be able to turn them off if possible? Also does anyone know which bulbs I actually need?
Thanks in advance
According to this article https://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/ca ... -DRLs.html you have to pull the stick towards you and hold it there until you get a sound confirmation. I haven't tried it my self but sounds plausible.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk