2011 POLO SEL, Boot opening and brake assist?

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Rose_13
New
Drives: 2011 VOLKSWAGEN POLO SEL

2011 POLO SEL, Boot opening and brake assist?

Post by Rose_13 »

Hello!

I've been driving a 2011 1.4 Polo SEL for about a year now. After having a fair few makes of car previously (Rover, Ford, Peugeot) I think with VW I've found a make/quality I really like! However, there are a couple features that still puzzle me!

1) Pressing the boot unlock button on the fob unlocks the boot. You then tilt and lift via the VW badge. But press and HOLD the button on the fob and I can hear something else happens. What exactly?
2) My car's DSG/automatic with no auto shut off or brake assist etc but on rare occasions at a stand still I will feel the brake pedal depress ever so slightly, taking the strain off my foot and the car holds when I lift off the brake as if I DO have brake assist. I can never seem to purposely engage it or repeat it when I want, any clue what this might be?
3) How many times do you actually have to press the door unlock for it to unlock the passenger doors? I can tap it twice quickly, 3 times.. and still only the drivers door is unlocked. Nowadays I just spam click unlock and hope it does the trick.

Thanks for any advice!
6cbluegt
New
Drives: White Polo BlueGT (6C)

Re: 2011 POLO SEL, Boot opening and brake assist?

Post by 6cbluegt »

1) Not too sure on this one, when you hold it disengage the lock on the boot for you, maybe useful if you're locked in the boot [emoji23] but I tend to just do the one click as you're still operating the handle either way and that unlocks it
2) Most (all?) modern cars have assisted braking which is why your pedal is rock solid with the engine off. It may be hill hold, I'm not sure if dsg has this but on the manual I have if you press the brake hard whilst at a standstill before you want to set off on a hill it holds the brake until you start to set off with the clutch so you don't roll back

3) I don't know how you would access it on your 2011 polo (but on my 2015 one it's through the screen in the centre of the dash) but they're a way off choosing what the buttons do. So you can have 1 click= drivers door only 2nd click being all, 1 click is drivers side only 2nd click being all and then one where first click does all. I have it set to drivers first because 80% of the time I only need that door and you can wind up your passengers in the train by getting in whilst their door is locked [emoji23]. I do give a second between clicks though.

Sent from my H8216 using Tapatalk

RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Re: 2011 POLO SEL, Boot opening and brake assist?

Post by RUM4MO »

One thing that might not have been asked, and might not be known by the OP is, all VW Group cars built from 20?? well for the UK market are set up to lock the hatch/boot as soon as the car is driven away, when the car is stopped, the hatch/boot remain locked until the driver's door is opened or maybe the engine switched off and the key removed - that function is something that I forget frequently and that annoys my wife when I pick her up after shopping etc! But I do try to remember to press the unlock button - if I remember! Unlocking the hatch/boot is different from opening it, unlocking it will rotate or otherwise move a lever, opening it will cause a pulse to release the latch then close it again so it is ready for the next time the hatch/boot lid is closed.

I've tended to standardise all my cars, as that means, one press unlocks all doors and auto locking at above 10KPH(or less).