Help needed (photoshop)

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Mikeyander5on
Getting There!
Drives: VW Polo GTI 6c

Help needed (photoshop)

Post by Mikeyander5on »

Hi guys, wondering if anyone is good with photo editing and can colour my wheels in black so I can see what these particular wheels look like before powder coating. It would be greatly appreciated for any help. [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: Help needed (photoshop)

Post by SRGTD »

Not a Polo GTI but here’s a YouTube video of a black mk6 Golf GTI with black VW Serron alloys;

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NVtUcCn4QIc

Personally IMO, I think black wheels on a black car is a bit too much black, and with black wheels in general you loose the detail of the wheel design. Have you thought about getting them powder coated in anthracite grey, which would also hide the brake dust better than black wheels would.
Mikeyander5on
Getting There!
Drives: VW Polo GTI 6c

Post by Mikeyander5on »

I know what you mean I’m very wary of going black on black. Never thought of going grey however! Could definitely be something to look into, the diamond cut finish for me isn’t working anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

I dislike diamond cut wheels with a passion and changed the wheels on my GTI within 3-4 months of getting it. Diamond cut alloys might have great showroom appeal for those that like the ‘bling’ factor, but for me they’re more trouble than they’re worth;
  • They’re susceptible to white worm corrosion.
  • They're not really suitable for winter use on a daily driver. In fact many alloy wheel manufacturers and retailers state they’re not for winter use on their websites.
  • They're more expensive to refurbish than powder coated / painted alloys and because the refurb process involves re-cutting the face of the wheel on a diamond cut lathe, there’s a limit to the number of times they can be refurbished, otherwise the structural integrity of the wheel can be compromised.
  • They’re easily damaged by careless tyre fitters or poorly maintained tyre changing equipment.
Here’s mine with its Anthracite grey alloys. I’ve kept the original diamond cut alloys (I also had Serrons on my GTI), and they’ll go back on the car when the time comes to sell it;
Attachments
C0684BCD-6BF4-4282-ABE5-CA0FA51EE0C5.jpeg