GTI gearbox jerkiness from auto gear change 3>2

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
phillos
Bronze Member
Drives: '19 Polo (AW)

Re: GTI gearbox jerkiness from auto gear change 3>2

Post by phillos »

Fast forward today

Had a technician take a ride with me as passenger, the car didn't jolt of course. But he listened and told me the old song of how the DSG6 is "intelligent" and supposedly learns and adapts to you driving style. :roll:
Vonbek2004
Bronze Member
Drives: R Line Polo

Post by Vonbek2004 »

phillos wrote:Fast forward today

Had a technician take a ride with me as passenger, the car didn't jolt of course. But he listened and told me the old song of how the DSG6 is "intelligent" and supposedly learns and adapts to you driving style. :roll:
I had the story aswell..
How many miles have you done now?

I have actually found that mine has improved and have learnt that for me it's driving style and positioning, as I said in another post seating position seems to play a big part.
I also learnt that if I was too heavy on the throttle it would jolt, or vice versa, it's getting the happy medium.

I still monitor it but I initially thought it was the car itself but then having VW dealership and a trusted non affiliated VW technician both say it was as ok I had to go back to the drawing board and think, was it me....

Don't lose faith in the car you've chosen though as it's awesome when its right!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

phillos
Bronze Member
Drives: '19 Polo (AW)

Post by phillos »

Vonbek2004 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:53 am
phillos wrote:Fast forward today

I had the story aswell..
How many miles have you done now?

I have actually found that mine has improved and have learnt that for me it's driving style and positioning, as I said in another post seating position seems to play a big part.
I also learnt that if I was too heavy on the throttle it would jolt, or vice versa, it's getting the happy medium.

I still monitor it but I initially thought it was the car itself but then having VW dealership and a trusted non affiliated VW technician both say it was as ok I had to go back to the drawing board and think, was it me....

Don't lose faith in the car you've chosen though as it's awesome when its right!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Only 1500miles so far. I did no break-in, as I firmly believe the car is built to last (at least the 3 years I'm having it :D). Been thinking it's because I gave it the knife on the first day. but meh.

VW Tech advised against resetting the DSG Mechatronic unit, as it was still learning. I'll give it another 2000km (1000miles) then book it in again if it keeps doing it.

Im willing to accept that it is partially my fault as well, as braking and dosage of braking force is very hard in stop and go traffic. I just still can't help but notice it is noticeably more jerky than my previous DSG7 (DQ200) car.