Polo GTI + Seat Upholstery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
rjnicko93
New
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTI+

Polo GTI + Seat Upholstery

Post by rjnicko93 »

Hi all

Ordered my Polo GTI plus other day. I think my order is okay, as on the order form it said Jacara Red Cloth seats, the stunning retro style Tartan. They are most definitely the ones I wanted.

However on the VW configurator online for the GTI+ it shows the below.

Appearance & Styling

Sports bumpers
Body coloured door handles and mirrors with integrated indicators

Upholstery- 'Tracks 2' cloth seat centre section with 'beats' logo and leatherette/ 'tracks 2' side bolsters

Alloy wheels 'Parker' black diamond turned 7.5J x 17"

So what gives? Is this an error? Why does it have the beats logo As part of the upholstery package of the GTI? I’m really not a fan of beats products at all so I would prefer if it I didn’t have this? I didn’t know the GTI plus had a Beats sound system either?

Also is the interior trim dashboard Red? Ive seen about 90 percent of them red but a couple being gray as well.
cardiak
New
Drives: --

Re: Polo GTI + Seat Upholstery

Post by cardiak »

Probably an error on the configurator mate. The Beats audio is an optional extra. As for the interior trim you can state you want it a diff colour I think.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: Polo GTI + Seat Upholstery

Post by SRGTD »

Upholstery choices for the GTI+ are either the standard Jakara red and grey check cloth or the Art Velours alcantara which is an extra cost option.

VW seem to be notorious for errors in their product information, and it sounds as if they may have made some changes to the configurator and have somehow corrupted the model specific details that are generated within the configurator for the GTI+ model.

As far as I’m aware, the only place the Beats logo appears on the interior of the GTI+ if you’ve specified the optional Beats sound system upgrade is on the A pillar tweeter grilles - each grille will have a small Beats logo on it.

The standard dash pad colour in the GTI+ is velvet red, with Deep Iron Grey available as a no cost option.