2019 GTI OPF

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
New-gti-guy
New
Drives: 1.6

Re: 2019 GTI OPF

Post by New-gti-guy »

Hi.
I managed to do the resonator delete on my 2019 gti OPF myself. The job itself is very easy as you only need to cut the exhaust on one side only and the way i did it is reversible too in case you don't like it. I purchased a perfect fit replacement pipe (different dimension on either side) with the fitting clamp that didn't even require exhaust paste or anything. Like i said if you know how to cut the exhaust pipe it's the easiest mod ever. Cost me around £65 for the kit/ parts.

Sound wise, it's difficult to explain as it reacts and behaves differently depending on the speed, gear and acceleration, definitely has more -well deserved- character now. It sounds louder but only when pushed hard and quiets down at high revs, so more noticeable when pushing hard mid revs. The sound is actually very similar to the sound aktor trick built into the car. I turn that off and it sounds very close to that as if i left it on.

Farts and crackles are a bit more noticeable but still don't happen often enough.
Hope this info helps someone
Last edited by New-gti-guy on Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
l3rady
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+ 2019

Post by l3rady »

New-gti-guy wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:12 pm I managed to do the resonator delete on my 2019 gti OPF myself. The job itself is very easy as you only need to cut the exhaust on one side only and the way i did it is reversible too in case you don't like it. I purchased a perfect fit replacement pipe (different dimension on either side) with the fitting clamp that didn't even require exhaust paste or anything. Like i said if you know how to cut the exhaust pipe it's the easiest mod ever. Cost me around £65 for the kit/ parts.
I hope to do this mod myself at some point in the future. Could you please share what kit you used and where from?

Also, can you explain what you mean that only one cut is needed? From what I understand the whole exhaust is one joint piece so would need two cuts, one on either side of the silencer, is this not the case?
New-gti-guy
New

Post by New-gti-guy »

Hi.
I got it off ebay, item 153692204546 (search for 2019 polo gti resonator delete), perfect fit as pipes on either side of the resonator are of different thickness.

Yes only need to cut exhaust pipe from one end (after the resonator) as the resonator is connected to the OPF with a joint on the other end. Once you loosen off the bolts, it comes off on that side. so all you need to do is slide the straight pipe (mod) into the joint and tighten again.
After the resonator is a straight pipe all the way to the rear box, hence it needs to be cut there as there is no joint, just straight metal pipe.
Last edited by New-gti-guy on Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
l3rady
Bronze Member

Post by l3rady »

New-gti-guy wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:33 am Hi.
I got it off ebay, item 153684920709, perfect fit as pipes on either side of the resonator are of different thickness.

Yes only need to cut exhaust pipe from one end (after the resonator) as the resonator is connected to the OPF with a joint on the other end. Once you loosen off the bolts, it comes off on that side. so all you need to do is slide the straight pipe (mod) into the joint and tighten again.
After the resonator is a straight pipe all the way to the rear box, hence it needs to be cut there as there is no joint, just straight metal pipe.
Thanks for that. Very tempted to go out and get one now.
New-gti-guy
New

Post by New-gti-guy »

I also found out that remapping for this car is slowly becoming more available, apparently some 40bhp and 100nm torque can be unleashed without any extra mods!!
l3rady
Bronze Member

Post by l3rady »

New-gti-guy wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:14 pm I also found out that remapping for this car is slowly becoming more available, apparently some 40bhp and 100nm torque can be unleashed without any extra mods!!
Yeah I've been following the scene waiting for the ECU to be cracked and then see what kind of things these modders can start unlocking.

I won't be modding my car engine or performance-wise until after the 3 years mark as I want to keep most of the warranty intact. Don't mind modding the exhaust as that is something very unlikely to fail in the first 3 years and if it did fail it is relatively cheaper to replace than an engine.

Hoping after 3 years of ownership that the mods for this car will be well and truly worked out and have a lot of stuff to choose from.
phillos
Bronze Member
Drives: '19 Polo (AW)

Post by phillos »

New-gti-guy wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:12 pm Hi.
I managed to do the resonator delete on my 2019 gti OPF myself. The job itself is very easy as you only need to cut the exhaust on one side only and the way i did it is reversible too in case you don't like it. I purchased a perfect fit replacement pipe (different dimension on either side) with the fitting clamp that didn't even require exhaust paste or anything. Like i said if you know how to cut the exhaust pipe it's the easiest mod ever. Cost me around £65 for the kit/ parts.

Sound wise, it's different to explain as it reacts and behaves differently depending on the speed, gear and acceleration, definitely has more -well deserved- character now. It sounds louder but only when pushed hard and quiets down at high revs, so more noticeable when pushing hard mid revs. The sound is actually very similar to the sound aktor trick built into the car. I turn that off and it sounds very close to that as if i left it on.

Farts and crackles are a bit more noticeable but still don't happen often enough.
Hope this info helps someone
I've ordered this as well, hopefully it arrives either this week or next week. Im really looking forward to hearing this! I can't promise I'll make a before and after vid, but I'll try to remember.
New-gti-guy
New

Post by New-gti-guy »

So did you have it fitted?.. do you like it?
I'm liking mine more and more since first fitted

Next thing for me: a remap !! - 250bhp
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

How is it that people are complaining about the lack of crackles and pops with their new Polo's?
The Grandson has just got himself a brand new Ford Fiesta ST and that has all the crackles and pops? He's 24 and he loves it, me, when your engine did that, there was something wrong with it, and you were worried it would blow the exhaust.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

silverhairs wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:35 pm How is it that people are complaining about the lack of crackles and pops with their new Polo's?
The Grandson has just got himself a brand new Ford Fiesta ST and that has all the crackles and pops? He's 24 and he loves it, me, when your engine did that, there was something wrong with it, and you were worried it would blow the exhaust.
It’s probably an age thing. I have no desire for crackles, pops or ‘DSG farts’ (as they’re often referred to on some other VW forums) from any car I might own. But then, I’m old 🙂.
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

SRGTD wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:29 pm
silverhairs wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:35 pm How is it that people are complaining about the lack of crackles and pops with their new Polo's?
It’s probably an age thing. I have no desire for crackles, pops or ‘DSG farts’ (as they’re often referred to on some other VW forums) from any car I might own. But then, I’m old 🙂.
The Corsa VRX and Fiesta ST are definitely aimed at a younger audience, for hanging around in Halfords or McDonalds car parks late at night. Even the non performance variants try to look sporty with exhausts at least twice the size they need to be for the output - VW and Audi also at it with "R-line" and "S-line" sheep in wolf's clothing variants.

The Polo is a lot more muted (especially WLTP compliant GPF fitted variants) than it need be if it were aimed at 17-25 year olds. Anyone wanting a really loud VW usually has yo get an aftermarket exhaust.
peter007
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI 2018

Post by peter007 »

Regarding OPF and exhaust sound.

I recently put full turbo-back exhaust and remap to my Polo GTI, now is sounds properly!

https://youtu.be/q2eg7wJIjZs
TobinSM
New
Drives: 2019 Polo GTi +

Post by TobinSM »

peter007 wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:58 pm Regarding OPF and exhaust sound.

I recently put full turbo-back exhaust and remap to my Polo GTI, now is sounds properly!

Sounds lovely but unfortunately I don’t think I would get away with turning up to work like that :( I just want mine to have the DSG “farts” back but I can’t find a way of getting that without making the whole thing sound too loud!
sp_opc
New
Drives: Opel Corsa OPC

Post by sp_opc »

A successful upgrade, very nice sound!

"Valve open" and "valve closed" means selecting "normal" and "sport" mode via the drive mode selector
or is there a separate valve opening/closing button that comes with the exhaust?

Also, you remapped the car's ECU or installed a tuning box? What's the estimated BHP now?
peter007
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI 2018

Post by peter007 »

sp_opc wrote:

A successful upgrade, very nice sound!

"Valve open" and "valve closed" means selecting "normal" and "sport" mode via the drive mode selector
or is there a separate valve opening/closing button that comes with the exhaust?

Also, you remapped the car's ECU or installed a tuning box? What's the estimated BHP now?
Thanks a lot :)

It is a separate system because Polo does not have valve in stock exhaust. We offer remote control with ON/OFF buttons.

I have a remap from a local company MW Motorline and now it produces 270HP and 475Nm :)

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk