2019 lead times

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Sport172
New
Drives: Polo GTI 2015

Re: 2019 lead times

Post by Sport172 »

Teia2mcguigan wrote:So just got my stage 3 this morning! To find out the exact build week did you have to contact the dealer?
Yes contact your dealer for the exact build week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
john896
New
Drives: Polo GTI+ 2019

Post by john896 »

Must have been a day for updating i got my 5c stage text too. It says its in transit near the UK. I assume they transport them all into Grimsby? If so i think the 3 ships doing that route are EMS Highway, Weser Highway, Main Highway. EMS is in Emden, Weser is in Grimsby and Main on route to the UK

Could be on the Thames Highway but that is delivering to Sheerness which is near london and would be closer to deliver to Grimsby.

Fingers crossed it will be in the UK within the next 24hrs.
aron.phelan
New

Post by aron.phelan »

john896 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:19 am Must have been a day for updating i got my 5c stage text too. It says its in transit near the UK. I assume they transport them all into Grimsby? If so i think the 3 ships doing that route are EMS Highway, Weser Highway, Main Highway. EMS is in Emden, Weser is in Grimsby and Main on route to the UK

Could be on the Thames Highway but that is delivering to Sheerness which is near london and would be closer to deliver to Grimsby.

Fingers crossed it will be in the UK within the next 24hrs.
I got a message from dealer saying my build week 36 car was in Germany today I got a 5b update it’s all so confusing fingers crossed my car is on way too
john896
New

Post by john896 »

It took about 7 days for mine to go from 5b to 5c. I'm due to collect sometime around 30th October if all goes to plan so not sure how long it takes from arriving to transferring to final destination then final destination but seems like a tight schedule to me.
Sport172
New
Drives: Polo GTI 2015

Post by Sport172 »

Just got my stage 7 this morning. Picking my Polo GTI Plus up Thursday afternoon. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cardiak
New
Drives: --

Post by cardiak »

Sport172 wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:47 am Just got my stage 7 this morning. Picking my Polo GTI Plus up Thursday afternoon. [emoji3]
Exciting times! :D
Jamie_Posh
New
Drives: None

Post by Jamie_Posh »

Well I've been done over by someone. Had build week 36 confirmed and then also told that the vehicle was ready to be shipped. Now been told it hasn't been built and I'm looking at build week 40 something and will be lucky to have it by December.

I reckon someone in the dealer network has nabbed my car, so if you end up with a gti+ in red with black roof pack, nav, park assist, rear cam and blind spot monitoring enjoy it as I am fuming :evil: :evil:
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

Jamie_Posh wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:21 pm Well I've been done over by someone. Had build week 36 confirmed and then also told that the vehicle was ready to be shipped. Now been told it hasn't been built and I'm looking at build week 40 something and will be lucky to have it by December.

I reckon someone in the dealer network has nabbed my car, so if you end up with a gti+ in red with black roof pack, nav, park assist, rear cam and blind spot monitoring enjoy it as I am fuming :evil: :evil:
What you haven't had you won't miss. Enough is enough !! Tell them to poke it where the sun don't shine.
aitchis
New
Drives: Polo SEL 2019

Post by aitchis »

Jamie_Posh wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:21 pm Well I've been done over by someone. Had build week 36 confirmed and then also told that the vehicle was ready to be shipped. Now been told it hasn't been built and I'm looking at build week 40 something and will be lucky to have it by December.

Just checked your post history and saw your dealer told you it was being held in Emden until November. I don't think that was true since I and others were build week 35/36 and they went straight through from Emden. I think your dealer may have been bending the truth to be honest.

When did you order out of interest? I ordered end of March then got build week 36 and should be picking up by the end of this week.
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by S_94 »

That's a joke. Agree with silverhairs, tell them to do one and take your business elsewhere.
aron.phelan
New

Post by aron.phelan »

aitchis wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:20 pm

Just checked your post history and saw your dealer told you it was being held in Emden until November. I don't think that was true since I and others were build week 35/36 and they went straight through from Emden. I think your dealer may have been bending the truth to be honest.

When did you order out of interest? I ordered end of March then got build week 36 and should be picking up by the end of this week.
I ordered mine in July and I got a build 36 message from the dealer. It all feels a bit off kilter as long as I get before Brexit I’ll be happy !!
john896
New

Post by john896 »

aron.phelan wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:46 pm
aitchis wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:20 pm

I ordered mine in July and I got a build 36 message from the dealer. It all feels a bit off kilter as long as I get before Brexit I’ll be happy !!
I'm sure everyone will get their cars before Brexit happens.

I must have been lucky with my order as i only ordered mine 5 weeks ago. Granted it was one that had been built already so maybe someones cancelled order or just a generic order. Limestone Grey GTI+ with Brescia alloys, panoramic roof, winter pack and deep iron dash. Not a massive spec order with options but i didn't think many options were available that are needed. Only one i would have liked would have been the climate control but in the UK standard air con is more than enough for me.
Boxerboy
Bronze Member
Drives: Her Polo R. Or my car.

Post by Boxerboy »

This is our build week - 43.

I'll be extremely disappointed if the APP doesn't roll over next week.

ps - saw a non-plussed blue one in the in the showroom the other day and sat in it like a kid at xmas time just visualising the future.
aron.phelan
New

Post by aron.phelan »

Week 36 build Polo GTI

App updated to 6 in uk !
Jamie_Posh
New
Drives: None

Post by Jamie_Posh »

aitchis wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:20 pm When did you order out of interest? I ordered end of March then got build week 36 and should be picking up by the end of this week.
Beginning of May.