Halogen DRL in Polo 6R

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
benzinkopf
Gold Member
Drives: 1.2TSI 105HP DSG7

Re: Halogen DRL in Polo 6R

Post by benzinkopf »

TDITorque wrote:Got my new headlights. I had already embraced the fact that I'll have to do wiring for DRL lights. But after install, I found that everything works fine including DRL lights. It was just a plug-n-play. Surprisingly DRL dims when headlights are turned on!!. I'm still clueless if Indian version of Polo came with DRL wiring?? Here is the video of functionality.

https://youtu.be/8Sq807ha9ns
A friend of mine bought such headlights plug n play from China. It is bit different than yours here. Its the one like the audi headlights. But yes. the DRL works plug and play. this is because they already had some intelligence (electronics controller built in) inside the headlights. And if you open it, you will see at least 2-3 wiring options inside there depending on models. so you may find some connectors are not connected for these diff options. In my friend case. yes the drl works independently from the taillight because its not even use the power from the side lights. It takes the power from the levelling motor. this causes error in parking lights system. So if its not a problem for you, maybe your car dont have parking lights. (i think)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TDITorque
New
Drives: Polo TDI 1.5 (2015)

Re: Halogen DRL in Polo 6R

Post by TDITorque »

Interesting! Thanks for sharing! When I turn on the parking lights, only taillight gets turned on. There is no effect on front except DRLs dimming.. This headlight doesn't have front parking lights. But it does have very bright DRLs which compensates for parking lights.. surprisingly, it doesn't throw any light warnings.