Interest rate drop on GTI

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Mike222
Getting There!
Drives: Polo gti 2023 face lift Reefblue /black

Re: Interest rate drop on GTI

Post by Mike222 »

I’m sure I will, 12 o’clock is the handover time , I will probably be there at 10 !!!
deanjesper
New
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by deanjesper »

Collected my GTI+ today with the new interest rate :D
Mike222
Getting There!

Post by Mike222 »

Me to , what are your initial thoughts ?
deanjesper
New

Post by deanjesper »

Mike222 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:02 pm Me to , what are your initial thoughts ?
I love it. I had a Polo SE 95 which I traded in after a year and it feels like a much better car quality wise. It feels like a completely different car in my opinion. It’s my first auto too so I think it’ll take some getting use to as my left foot is confused now!
Mike222
Getting There!

Post by Mike222 »

My initial thoughts, ( the drive home from the dealer , about 25 miles) were not as positive as yours ! Tyre noise , feel every bump , checked the tyre pressures this morning, they were all 10 psi too hard . Set a them to recommend figures the car is transformed. I was really worried for an hour!!!
deanjesper
New

Post by deanjesper »

Mike222 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:30 am My initial thoughts, ( the drive home from the dealer , about 25 miles) were not as positive as yours ! Tyre noise , feel every bump , checked the tyre pressures this morning, they were all 10 psi too hard . Set a them to recommend figures the car is transformed. I was really worried for an hour!!!
What tyres have you got?
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Mike222 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:30 am My initial thoughts, ( the drive home from the dealer , about 25 miles) were not as positive as yours ! Tyre noise , feel every bump , checked the tyre pressures this morning, they were all 10 psi too hard . Set a them to recommend figures the car is transformed. I was really worried for an hour!!!
Good to know the dealer did a thorough job when they did the PDI. I wonder what else they may have missed?
Mike222
Getting There!

Post by Mike222 »

Yes I thought the same regarding the PDI , they are Michelin Primacy, my previous car was a mk 7 golf with 18 wheels , so I was expecting the Polo on 17 to be ok . I did panic driving home , but all ok now the front tyres were set at 46 psi the rears 44 !!!
l3rady
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTI+ 2019

Post by l3rady »

Mike222 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:22 pm Yes I thought the same regarding the PDI , they are Michelin Primacy, my previous car was a mk 7 golf with 18 wheels , so I was expecting the Polo on 17 to be ok . I did panic driving home , but all ok now the front tyres were set at 46 psi the rears 44 !!!
I think you will find that the label for tyre pressure found on the driver side door sill states those PSI or somewhere close to that.

It has been discussed before that they have been set so high to improve MPG but the general consensus between forum members is that they are too high and are better set around the 35-38 mark
Steben
New
Drives: Gti plus on order

Post by Steben »

Picking my plus up Thursday , dealer told me my figures are far better than I signed for 8 months ago ☺
aron.phelan
New

Post by aron.phelan »

Got the interest rate drop and £1000 extra deposit today picking up my polo GTI plus on Saturday. It shaved around £50 off a month very happy bunny