VW Finance changes

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
phileep
Getting There!
Drives: Polo Beats 2018

VW Finance changes

Post by phileep »

Sorry a little of topic, but has anyone managed to get the APR changed on an agreement part way through an agreement? Would this be possible?

Thanks in advance
john896
New
Drives: Polo GTI+ 2019

Re: VW Finance changes

Post by john896 »

phileep wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:45 am Sorry a little of topic, but has anyone managed to get the APR changed on an agreement part way through an agreement? Would this be possible?

Thanks in advance
I would imagine that the only way you would be able to do that would be to get finance from elsewhere and pay off the remaining finance agreement with VW. You signed an agreement so why would they want to change it if as I assume it benefits you and not them.
phileep
Getting There!
Drives: Polo Beats 2018

Post by phileep »

[/quote]

I would imagine that the only way you would be able to do that would be to get finance from elsewhere and pay off the remaining finance agreement with VW. You signed an agreement so why would they want to change it if as I assume it benefits you and not them.
[/quote]

Yea I got a reply from the VW Finance team. They said once it was negotiated at the point of sale it's not able to be changed.
Mike222
Getting There!
Drives: Polo gti 2023 face lift Reefblue /black

Post by Mike222 »

Mine was changed , car ordered in May and figures were done , when I picked the car up in October I mentioned the rate change and the figures were redone making a big difference
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Mike222 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 1:45 pm Mine was changed , car ordered in May and figures were done , when I picked the car up in October I mentioned the rate change and the figures were redone making a big difference
@Mike222; I think the difference between your situation and that of @phileep is that @phileep was already part way through their pcp agreement whereas yours was about to start.

Quite a few owners over on golfgtiforum.co.uk have been able to take advantage of a lower APR and higher deposit contribution at commencement of their pcp deal if the APR rate and deposit contribution changes in their favour between ordering the car and taking delivery of it, which suggests VW / VWFS are quite happy to do this. However, once you’re into the deal and VWFS have started collecting the monthly payments, the APR that the customer signed up to is the applicable rate throughout the contract term.