Front headrests

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Front headrests

Post by silverhairs »

Went out today and purchased an off cut of carpet, it was in a roll and the length was just under 7 foot (I'm still £ - S - d)
I dropped down one side of the back seat, pushed the front passengers side seat as far forward as possible, wound forward the seat and then tried to remove the headrest. How do you remove the two chrome stems out of the back of the seat? I tried every thing, but I could not remove them.

Thinking about it now, I should have wound the seat (back of the seat) backwards the carpet roll would have laid flatter.
But still, how do you take the headrest chrome stalks out of the seat, or don't they come out?
Boxerboy
Bronze Member
Drives: Her Polo R. Or my car.

Re: Front headrests

Post by Boxerboy »

I think handbook says there is a "Push Point" high up in the front of the seat to release a secret catch that allows the front headrest to be removed.

Can't be arsed looking for it. RTFM.

Deliberately made to be difficult for "good reasons".
POLO Clive
Silver Member
Drives: Polo SEL 1.0 TSI 115PS

Post by POLO Clive »

This video should help with the headrest > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNkWKI6F0RY
silverhairs
Gold Member
Drives: 2018 Polo SEL

Post by silverhairs »

Thanks for your replies, the polo does have those plastic covers that stop you releasing the side buttons. I'll know next time and maybe useful information for other members? they cannot all be as thick as me?