How do I fix this weird message?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
JohnF
Getting There!
Drives: 2018 Polo SE 95

How do I fix this weird message?

Post by JohnF »

For no apparent reason that I can think of, this message has appeared. It's normally set to the speed. Any ideas anyone?
Dash error.jpg
Dazeredo
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo aw1 1.0t 95hp

Re: How do I fix this weird message?

Post by Dazeredo »

That is the speed alert that you can configure, not an error...
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Maybe you need to put an arbitrary speed in, like maybe 85mph? It's somewhere in the car menus on the infotainment system.
JohnF
Getting There!

Post by JohnF »

Strange that it should just pop up though? What did I do to cause it?
POLO Clive
Silver Member
Drives: Polo SEL 1.0 TSI 115PS

Post by POLO Clive »

By the way, what are these 3 symbols ?
3 symbols.PNG
3 symbols.PNG (174.26 KiB) Viewed 2364 times
Dazeredo
Bronze Member

Post by Dazeredo »

Rear seat belts. It goes white if buckle up...
The magic things you can discover after read the car manual :P
(I waited about 1 hour to get the car delivered to me in the dealership but I know where it was on the garage and went there get the manual and read it while I wait for the dealer to sign the last papers)
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Dazeredo wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:24 am Rear seat belts. It goes white if buckle up...
(I waited about 1 hour to get the car delivered to me in the dealership but I know where it was on the garage and went there get the manual and read it while I wait for the dealer to sign the last papers)
I don’t think POLO Clive has got his car yet, so won’t have an owners manual to read. I agree though - there are a number of ‘magic things’ to discover about your car in the manual

One of the first things I do when I get a new car is to read through the manual. It’s not a very exciting read (good to read just before you go to bed if you suffer from insomnia though! 😀), but if I’ve spent a lot of money on a new car, I want to understand all the functions and features that my car has and make full use of them, rather than discover a ‘new’ feature 2-3 years into ownership of the car that I could have been using and getting benefit from.
Dazeredo
Bronze Member

Post by Dazeredo »

And in the case of VW the manual is not all bad and have good information referring the particle filter and how to do the first miles of the car. But it could have better info how to change a bulb, it was quite hard change the fog lights :oops:
POLO Clive
Silver Member

Post by POLO Clive »

Dazeredo wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:24 am Rear seat belts. It goes white if buckle up...
Ahh thanks, yes I'll read the manual from cover to cover when I get one. . . . . . . Only about 4 more weeks now :wink:
Dazeredo
Bronze Member

Post by Dazeredo »

The wait is terrible but is worthy. Mine car was a 11 weeks wait :oops:
POLO Clive
Silver Member

Post by POLO Clive »

Dazeredo wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:47 pm The wait is terrible but is worthy. Mine car was a 11 weeks wait :oops:
Is that all . . . . IF I get mine the second/third week in March as expected it'll have been 22/23 weeks wait for me.
Dazeredo
Bronze Member

Post by Dazeredo »

Ops, I get the time wrong, it as 16 weeks of waiting for me but the first previsions were of 12 weeks top, maybe 9... But was a custom order in blue and we all know that car makers only know how to make white, gray and black cars.
JohnF
Getting There!

Post by JohnF »

So how do I fix it? The manual page 137 says move switch to "cancel" the speed limiter. It doesn't work.

The problem with the manual is that it covers all possible car specifications and finding which applies to your car is confusing to say the least.

e.g. the 3 symbols in the bottom right refer to rear seat belts as mentioned above and mentioned on page 42, yet are not referred to in "Symbols in the instrument cluster" page 14?
POLO Clive
Silver Member

Post by POLO Clive »

JohnF wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:35 pm So how do I fix it? The manual page 137 says move switch to "cancel" the speed limiter. It doesn't work.
If it's the same as my 2014 Polo it's not the speed limiter, you just set a speed and it beeps to warn you when you reach that speed, you set it using the R/H stalk.
GTI Polo Fin
New
Drives: Polo GTI 2019

Post by GTI Polo Fin »

POLO Clive wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:47 am
Ahh thanks, yes I'll read the manual from cover to cover when I get one. . . . . . . Only about 4 more weeks now :wink:
You know that you can download manuals?
https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/manuals