Coolant temp gauge

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
amer6R
Platinum Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2010 1.6 TDI

Coolant temp gauge

Post by amer6R »

Guys, i think this is a necessity to have. Can this option be coded out in cluster, like to show the coolant temp instead of outside temp?

Or

Does anyone know any product like a small display that can fit in blank switch? ( under center vent) just to have a three digit reading of the temperature.

Or some convenient place to fit that round generic ones?

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 Plus using Tapatalk

iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: Coolant temp gauge

Post by iichel »

I don't think it's possible. You could consider wiring the coolant temperature sensor to the ambient temp sensor wiring (just kidding. don't).
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

I thought that VW fitted coolant temperature gauges to most if not all their cars, it seems not!

SEAT are terrible for saving money and leaving out the coolant temperature gauge at least below the Cupra level, just stupid!

My wife's old 2002 VW Polo 1.4 16V 75PS SE had a temperature gauge as does her current 2015 VW Polo 1.2TSI 16V 110PS SEL - maybe with VW it is down to trim level?
amer6R
Platinum Member

Post by amer6R »

RUM4MO wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:22 am I thought that VW fitted coolant temperature gauges to most if not all their cars, it seems not!

SEAT are terrible for saving money and leaving out the coolant temperature gauge at least below the Cupra level, just stupid!

My wife's old 2002 VW Polo 1.4 16V 75PS SE had a temperature gauge as does her current 2015 VW Polo 1.2TSI 16V 110PS SEL - maybe with VW it is down to trim level?
well none of diesel came with temp gauge, why ? because vw are cheap bastards hahaha this car reminds me so much of golf mk2
eki912
New
Drives: 1.6 tdi, 2013, dsg

Post by eki912 »

Would obd display be of any help here ?

Google for ”obd display” or autool x50/autool x60.

Haven’t tried those myself, but from those ads and videos it seems like You could get 3 readings to be displayed simultaneously.
One of them seems to be often coolant temp. And looks like You can change yourself what is displayed.

Edit: Now I finally bought a used Autool X50 thing, for very little money, and it works !
Tried it first on my son’s Golf, works in that too.
Now I know what temperature my wife’s Polo is running. As I was a bit concerned if it stays too low during her shortish daily work commutes. But happy now, the temp goes up to 80-83 C, highest I saw for a while was 87 C.
I took the gauge/display off, after checking all the things I wanted but naturally it can be mounted there permanently, and You could see 3 different readings from engine live.
Like the temp of coolant, speed, voltage, consumption, rpm etc.
Last edited by eki912 on Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
amer6R
Platinum Member

Post by amer6R »

I have ordered 2din android headunit, i will have this option thru the can system and i can allways use and blutooth obd+ torque app.
It will be excellent

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 Plus using Tapatalk