Contacting VW

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Contacting VW

Post by S_94 »

Just out of curiosity, is anyone else having trouble getting in touch with VW?

My service is due in two weeks. I know it's unlikely that'll it be done due to the current situation but I just want to contact them to have on record that I've tried to book in a service.

Tried going through to the service department and reception but not getting any luck after 3 days of trying.
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Re: Contacting VW

Post by monkeyhanger »

S_94 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:15 am Just out of curiosity, is anyone else having trouble getting in touch with VW?

My service is due in two weeks. I know it's unlikely that'll it be done due to the current situation but I just want to contact them to have on record that I've tried to book in a service.

Tried going through to the service department and reception but not getting any luck after 3 days of trying.
Someone here or on the Golf GTI forum said that VW UK are giving 180 days grace on servicing due to the current COVID-19 lockdown. That'll be more than enough. It's accepted that VW generally give a month/1000miles grace anyway, now they effectively allowing 6 months. Plenty of time to get it done.

I'd be amazed if everyone isn't back to work and school by the end of May - Spain and Italy are going back now and although their contagion and death rates seem to have peaked, they haven't dropped off into insignificant numbers like China's.

My local dealership can't be contacted at the moment to book a service (wife's 2019GTI+ will be a year old on May 14th - I just paid the VED on it for the upcoming year). I will book one when they reopen, but there's likely to be a backlog- all those March/April/May services to do in June/July, with the June and July ones. Hopefully they won't be facing supply issues for oil and filters.
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by S_94 »

Brilliant, thanks mate. Will have to put up with the message appearing on the screen for the time being. Not like the car is being used much anyway... :|
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

Got through to mine and rescheduled.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Nora
Bronze Member
Drives: A polo

Post by Nora »

I posted yesterday that after phoning my local dealer (JCT600), the phone was answered by a tech working at home. Who told me of the 180 day extension and also they where intent on resuming routine services W/c 25/5/20 which is after the spring bank holiday. So I’ve booked my appointment for the 26th, However I was also told that could change as the Covid crisis changes, so I may get cancelled or pushed back