What did you and your Polo do today?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Re: What did you and your Polo do today?

Post by S_94 »

Removing dead flies/bugs from the front bumper is a constant pain! Might have to get some detailing brushes for the 4D plates. :lol:
MattHGR
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI+

Post by MattHGR »

I also have 4D plates. Indeed they are aweful to clean, but they do look good!
My brother has 3D. They still look fairly good but much easier to clean. As easy as normal plates in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

Teee
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo gti +

Post by Teee »

S_94 wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 9:41 am Might be the camera angle but that 'W" on the front plate looks like it could be difficult to read.
Yeah it’s the angle it’s fine head on lol probably one of the cons of having 3D letters lol
Teee
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo gti +

Post by Teee »

S_94 wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 1:20 pm Removing dead flies/bugs from the front bumper is a constant pain! Might have to get some detailing brushes for the 4D plates. :lol:
Yeah I use a dodo juice hog hair soft bristle brush for tight spots, Number plates Crevices in the grill etc
PhilArnold
Bronze Member
Drives: White AW Gti+

Post by PhilArnold »

monkeyhanger wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 7:07 pm I fitted new flappy paddles today:-

Comparison of old ones with new ones

New ones fitted:-

Bargain price too - £16.99 delivered on eBay. All aluminium, painted black, blue , red or unpainted aluminium. I wanted to go the subtle black route. Proper wobble-free pivot in use and feel nice and solid.
They look great, do you have link?
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Here's the link I used for the paddles:-

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2pcs-Steerin ... SwDQdegvIz

They took 6 days to arrive. The link above is for the silver ones, but you can get to the black ones from there.

If you want to see what they look like in Silver, check out page 1023 of thread "what did you do with your Golf GTI today" on the MK7 section of the Golf GTI forum.

I personally prefer black, my other paddles were silver and I painted them black.
brynteg73
New
Drives: Polo Gti+

Post by brynteg73 »

Took the gti for a spin today ... not far :twisted: .... noticed a noise from the engine when driving, hope its normal , was like a swoosh type of noise , or the noise when power steering is on full turn, weird and hard to explain...
OomStu_ZA
Gold Member
Drives: 2019 VW Polo GTi

Post by OomStu_ZA »

brynteg73 wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 2:36 pm Took the gti for a spin today ... not far :twisted: .... noticed a noise from the engine when driving, hope its normal , was like a swoosh type of noise , or the noise when power steering is on full turn, weird and hard to explain...
that does sound odd, how long had the car been standing for before heading out today?
brynteg73
New

Post by brynteg73 »

Only a day , its only had small journeys every day since this covid started.... I'll go out again in a bit around the estate to see if I can pinpoint it
stuartrendall
Bronze Member
Drives: 2020 POLO GTI+

Post by stuartrendall »

Did you have the A/C on. I've found that when idling you can here the weird humming whine type sound.
Dark_cze
Silver Member
Drives: AW GTI with MT

Post by Dark_cze »

brynteg73 wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 2:36 pm Took the gti for a spin today ... not far :twisted: .... noticed a noise from the engine when driving, hope its normal , was like a swoosh type of noise , or the noise when power steering is on full turn, weird and hard to explain...
blow off valve?
brynteg73
New

Post by brynteg73 »

Hmm it’s doing it today again , had the window down to hear it and when I accelerate it’s a whoosh or something like that noise , maybe the belt in the engine , just not heard it before
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Sure its not turbo whine? Can't say I've noticed any myself as I rarely drive with the windows down, but driving the 95ps 1.0TSI Polo as a courtesy car yesterday, turbo whine was very loud and noticeable above 4500rpm - that turbo seemed to be working quite hard!

Or vacuum hose leak?
brynteg73
New

Post by brynteg73 »

Hmmm yea I’ll have to have a drive today and listen , I can’t record the noise , but as I bought the car during the winter and only now have driven it with the windows down maybe it’s a normal noise from the turbo whine , thanks guys
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

PhilArnold wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 10:47 am
monkeyhanger wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 7:07 pm I fitted new flappy paddles today:-

Comparison of old ones with new ones

New ones fitted:-

Bargain price too - £16.99 delivered on eBay. All aluminium, painted black, blue , red or unpainted aluminium. I wanted to go the subtle black route. Proper wobble-free pivot in use and feel nice and solid.
They look great, do you have link?
The place I bought from sold out. These seem to be the same paddles, presumably made at the same place, but a different seller.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/283890654053