Polo GTI 2016 6c - exhaust and aerial replacements

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
comptonk24
New
Drives: Polo Gti 1.8 6c 2016

Polo GTI 2016 6c - exhaust and aerial replacements

Post by comptonk24 »

Hello

I have recently purchased a 2016 Polo GTI 1.8 (5 door)

I need to replace the aerial on it, but I cannot find one online anywhere which matches the standard ones seen on this model car when sold (i see plenty on autotrader but cannot find these online)

Secondly I have noticed some seem to have what looks like thicker chrome exhaust tips, whereas mine are thin with a sharp edge. Was this an additional item added from factory? and can someone point me in the right direction to purchase these 'tips'

Ive tried looking at part numbers etc. but this is all new to me so not sure i am looking in the right places and don't want to go buying stuff that isn't good enough, but also don't want to pay over the top for something

Thanks for any help
cheba
Silver Member
Drives: Polo R WRC 2014

Re: Polo GTI 2016 6c - exhaust and aerial replacements

Post by cheba »

The aerial can be a tricky one, depending on whether or not you have the original part and can check the exact part number. Is it the antenna base or the antenna rod you need? Regardless, there are many versions of each (often with identical part numbers except different last number) depending on the specification of that particular car: FM/AM radio, diversity antenna, DAB radio, mobile phone preparation, navigation...

If you can find out the exact part number you can try searching online, else you will probably have to visit the VW dealer so they can look up in the database which part is right for your car.

About the exhaust tips, your car (like all other GTIs) would have had the thicker chrome ones from the factory. Are you sure it has not had an aftermarket rear silencer fitted? These often have have tips with a sharp edge. Or it could be that it is still the original silencer but the factory tips have been removed/stolen. Part number for the genuine VW tips would be 6R0253825.
amer6R
Platinum Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2010 1.6 TDI

Post by amer6R »

Be careful! The antena can leak! You can replace only the gasket. You can get OEM from the dealer or from aliexpress. The base has a amplifier build i to it.
comptonk24
New

Post by comptonk24 »

cheba wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:26 pm The aerial can be a tricky one, depending on whether or not you have the original part and can check the exact part number. Is it the antenna base or the antenna rod you need? Regardless, there are many versions of each (often with identical part numbers except different last number) depending on the specification of that particular car: FM/AM radio, diversity antenna, DAB radio, mobile phone preparation, navigation...

If you can find out the exact part number you can try searching online, else you will probably have to visit the VW dealer so they can look up in the database which part is right for your car.

About the exhaust tips, your car (like all other GTIs) would have had the thicker chrome ones from the factory. Are you sure it has not had an aftermarket rear silencer fitted? These often have have tips with a sharp edge. Or it could be that it is still the original silencer but the factory tips have been removed/stolen. Part number for the genuine VW tips would be 6R0253825.
Thanks for your response - I'm not 100% sure on the aerial situation so will go to the dealer on that one.

In terms of the exhaust pipes I do not believe it has had an aftermarket silencer fitted so I would suspect the tips have been removed - I have attached a couple of photos which hopefully may help you identify whether they have just been removed or if it is an aftermarket silencer

thanks again for your help its much appreciated!
Attachments
IMG_6981.jpeg
IMG_6980.jpeg
cheba
Silver Member
Drives: Polo R WRC 2014

Post by cheba »

amer6R wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:09 pm Be careful! The antena can leak! You can replace only the gasket. You can get OEM from the dealer or from aliexpress. The base has a amplifier build i to it.
Are you sure? I think the OEM gasket isn't sold separately, only as part of the antenna base, but I may be wrong.
comptonk24 wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:22 amIn terms of the exhaust pipes I do not believe it has had an aftermarket silencer fitted so I would suspect the tips have been removed - I have attached a couple of photos which hopefully may help you identify whether they have just been removed or if it is an aftermarket silencer
You are correct, that definitely looks like the factory silencer with the tips removed.
comptonk24
New

Post by comptonk24 »

Thanks for your help Cheba, Cant seem to find the exhaust with the part number online so will pop into my local dealer and ask them about them
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

@comptonk24; The silencer and tailpipes look the same as mine.

The chrome tips on the tailpipes can corrode and suffer from surface pitting if they’re neglected and not regularly cleaned. If the previous owner of your car didn’t bother to clean the exhaust tips, they may have become unsightly - hence why they’ve been removed.
comptonk24
New

Post by comptonk24 »

SRGTD wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:33 pm @comptonk24; The silencer and tailpipes look the same as mine.

The chrome tips on the tailpipes can corrode and suffer from surface pitting if they’re neglected and not regularly cleaned. If the previous owner of your car didn’t bother to clean the exhaust tips, they may have become unsightly - hence why they’ve been removed.
I see thank you - Do you know anywhere you can buy these tips from? everywhere I have tried to look seems to no longer sell (I can't check VW online and don't have the time at the moment to go to the dealership) or even aftermarket tips that fit or are replicas of these models?
peter_dk25
Silver Member
Drives: Blue GT

Post by peter_dk25 »

Just search for part number 6R0253825