Peron Stage 1 Remap

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Peron Stage 1 Remap

Post by S_94 »

For anyone that is interested in this sort of thing, Peron have announced a Stage 1 for the Polo GTI. Details below:
The wait is finally over.

Introducing our STG1+ Software for the POLO GTI 2.0 TSI.

This car has been highly anticipated, our engineering team have been working relentlessly to learn as much about the vehicle in its stock form and its performance potential.

STOCK: 200hp & 258lbft
STG1+: 264hp & 335lbft

This vehicle was supported by a panel filter upgrade & front mount intercooler after extensive research concluded the stock vehicles hardware was not capable of meeting the demands of stage 1 software.
Have enquired about pricing. :)
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Re: Peron Stage 1 Remap

Post by monkeyhanger »

S_94 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:05 pm For anyone that is interested in this sort of thing, Peron have announced a Stage 1 for the Polo GTI. Details below:
The wait is finally over.

Introducing our STG1+ Software for the POLO GTI 2.0 TSI.

This car has been highly anticipated, our engineering team have been working relentlessly to learn as much about the vehicle in its stock form and its performance potential.

STOCK: 200hp & 258lbft
STG1+: 264hp & 335lbft

This vehicle was supported by a panel filter upgrade & front mount intercooler after extensive research concluded the stock vehicles hardware was not capable of meeting the demands of stage 1 software.
Have enquired about pricing. :)
I'm guessing £400 for the remap and another £300-500 for the intercooler. Panel filter another £40-50.
Rosinfield
Bronze Member
Drives: 2018 AW GTI

Post by Rosinfield »

Interesting.
The well known reliable VAG tuners here in The Netherlands, don't recommend any hardware changes for a stage 1 tuning. I have asked the tuner who dit my GTI what his thoughts on this are.
I can imagine it's a must in case of frequent track racing and/or driving on the edge. When driving normally with some outbursts from time to time, I don't think it's necessary.
wayne10244
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI +

Post by wayne10244 »

Stage 1 is only a remap stage two includes the intercooler and the best one on the market the wagner that costs £685.00 I don’t know what incooler they are going to use at that price. I paid £190 for my stage 1 remap 250 bhp 420 NM and with DSG update this is classed as a safe tune as well
Rosinfield
Bronze Member

Post by Rosinfield »

I already got an answer from my tuner, which corroborates my thoughts:

Our experience is that a standard stage 1 tuning is no problem with the standard hardware. We have even done stage 2 tunings with the original intercooler.
Of course such upgrades offer advantages. Another panel filter results in better breathing of the engine, but will not produce more power. A cold air intake takes up more cold air and will produce a little bit more power, along with better breathing. An upgrade intercooler results in a more stable deliverance of power, a better cooling of the turbo will make it possible to hold power longer. As said for a stage 1 such upgrades are not necessary to prevent problems.

I tried my best to translate it. This is one of the very few VAG specialized tuners in the Netherlands, chiptuning thousands of cars a year with very satisfied customers over many years. So I don't worry about it.
wayne10244
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI +

Post by wayne10244 »

But does that include a DSG update as when you increase the torque over 400nm the software in the gearbox will try and cut the power so you need a update as well
Rosinfield
Bronze Member

Post by Rosinfield »

I had my DSG also done and would certainly recommend it. Later shifting in D, earlier in S, faster shifting, increased clamp pressure (420 Nm)
Nodster
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI

Post by Nodster »

Any links or news on this one, I can't seem to find anything online. My Google foo must be weak today. :wink: Just like to have a read.

I'm currently all tee'd up for the upcoming Revo remap which I'm told will hopefully be out in the next month or two. ECU code all sent off and i'm just waiting on the phone call by the tuner to say come and get it mapped.

Cheers.
S_94
Gold Member

Post by S_94 »

This should work mate.

https://www.facebook.com/PERONautomotiv ... &__tn__=-R

They told me pricing details would be released next week. Would be interested to know the Revo details when that is released. :)
Nodster
Getting There!

Post by Nodster »

S_94 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:16 pm This should work mate.

https://www.facebook.com/PERONautomotiv ... &__tn__=-R

They told me pricing details would be released next week. Would be interested to know the Revo details when that is released. :)
Awesome thanks! I'll be sure to feed back anything I find out. :)
S_94
Gold Member

Post by S_94 »

Thanks mate! :)
S_94
Gold Member

Post by S_94 »

Quick update as I've had some prices back from Peron for anyone interested.

Package 1
  • STG1+ ECU/TCU
  • RamAir PRORAM Panel Filter
  • NGK Competition Plugs
  • Labour
TOTAL - £1317.19 inc VAT

Package 2
  • STG1+ ECU/TCU
  • RamAir PRORAM Panel Filter
  • NGK Competition Plugs
  • Wagner Competition Intercooler
  • Air Con Gas Removal & Re-Gas (essential for intercooler swap)
  • Labour
TOTAL - £2146.19 inc VAT

I would strongly suggest Package 2 as this includes an uprated intercooler, which in our eyes is an absolute must. The stock intercooler heat soaks very quickly and results in power loss following a spirited drive.

No doubt this would be a good quality remap but those prices are a no go for myself! :lol:
monkeyhanger
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

To stomach those prices and a significant insurance hike, you might as well buy a car that's faster at stock.

Paying out £400 to get an extra 25% hp is fine, paying out £2k to get a little more is madness.
S_94
Gold Member

Post by S_94 »

monkeyhanger wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:02 pm To stomach those prices and a significant insurance hike, you might as well buy a car that's faster at stock.

Paying out £400 to get an extra 25% hp is fine, paying out £2k to get a little more is madness.
Agreed. Ridiculous prices.
Nodster
Getting There!

Post by Nodster »

Wow. And do they provide the lube? Or is that extra too? :lol:

I mean come on... Not once have I seen the need to replace spark plugs just for a remap. The only time I've done plugs and injectors was when I supercharged my Mk6 Fiesta ST many many years ago now (that added 150bhp!). And similarly when I had Jenvy ITBs and Omex ECU setup on my Mk5 Fiesta Zetec S 1600.

So...

Package 2
STG1+ ECU/TCU - So rough price, what £500?
RamAir PRORAM Panel Filter - £40
NGK Competition Plugs - Overkill...
Wagner Competition Intercooler - £600?
Air Con Gas Removal & Re-Gas (essential for intercooler swap) - How much is a re-gas.... £30?

So we're talking £1,200 neigh enough. They're charging nearly £900 labour... to fit an intercooler basically as aircon re-gas and dropping a panel filter ain't difficult. Let's say average mechanic rate is £70/hr. That would mean this job takes them 12 hours.

No thanks.