Volkswagen reluctant to replace DPF on 1 1/2 year old car

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Andy Beats
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Nissan Leaf 40KW (and Polo United)

Re: Volkswagen reluctant to replace DPF on 1 1/2 year old car

Post by Andy Beats »

Harrihealey02 wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:56 pm How long do you have to threaten them with rejection of the car? Even know I still want it at least that might force them to replace the DPF. I’m going to make it clear to them that I’m not having it back unless it’s completely fixed. No more regens and heavy fuel smell. I know there’s a fault with the DPF on mine because I’ve got a friend with a VW golf 1.6 same year 19 plate and it has a smooth vapour odour smell (hard to explain) and it’s never smelt like acrid diesel.
Up to 60 days, rejection is very easy
After that, it gets progressively harder with time and if you've had it 1.5 years then you can effectively forget rejection.
If they can't fix it you may just have to discuss doing a deal with them on another one and hoping they sympathise and give some goodwill.
Life is too sort for problem cars. :(
Harrihealey02
Bronze Member
Drives: 2018 SEL

Post by Harrihealey02 »

After 6 months they have finally ordered the new DPF. If only I took it to this dealer first time it would have been sorted months ago.
Andy Beats
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Nissan Leaf 40KW (and Polo United)

Post by Andy Beats »

Harrihealey02 wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:44 am After 6 months they have finally ordered the new DPF. If only I took it to this dealer first time it would have been sorted months ago.
Result! 8)