JDM Polo Import - Infotainment Retrofit Q

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
grahams
New
Drives: JDM Polo 6c Highline, 981 Cayman

JDM Polo Import - Infotainment Retrofit Q

Post by grahams »

Hi Guys,

I'm currently in the process of importing a Polo from Japan and hope the forum can answer a few questions about the VW world and infotainment system. As a bit of background I've had VWs previously but much earlier in my automotive journey and the internet and technology has come a long way since then so this is a new platform to me. I am familiar with BMW coding so providing the knowledge is available the process is not a problem.

The car is a 2016 6C Highline which is a specification not available as standard in Europe without ticking a significant number of options. The only notable infrastructure difference to models in the rest of the world is the head unit made by Clarion, model number 716SDCW. It supports the best specification you can get in Europe but not via the usual OEM infotainment platforms. The majority of importers code the clocks to the UK and replace the factory unit with a generic android radio. I would prefer to use OEM and currently have the following questions:

Which modules within the car store region data as these will need coding to the UK.
What are my options with OEM infotainment systems which support reverse camera, steering wheel controls etc
Assuming the car only has the main quadlock, what wiring is required for the units available.
Where can I get reliable parts diagrams similar to realOEM but for VW so I can review the looms on the car.

Thanks in advance.
Thanos
New
Drives: Polo 6R 1.2 TDI BM

Re: JDM Polo Import - Infotainment Retrofit Q

Post by Thanos »

I had prepared a whole lotta text, but unfortunately it is flagged as spam and I cannot post it.