LED bulbs without error?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
RS250PS
New
Drives: 1.0 115ps mk6

LED bulbs without error?

Post by RS250PS »

Hello everyone,
I am interested in the installation of LED bulbs in my new Polo. As every Polo (without the full-led pack) owner knows, it has those disgusting yellow lamps, so I am looking for 6000K replacements! But...
As I read, no one succeeded in installing LED headlight bulbs without having the canbus error issue. Am I right? If not, which brand did you install without having any error shown? In other cars, I have used Rolinger LED kits without any error. As I understood Polo is a bit difficult in fitting such items :? . Let's talk only for LED options :wink: !
Andy Beats
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Nissan Leaf 40KW (and Polo United)

Re: LED bulbs without error?

Post by Andy Beats »

I know you've said talk about LED only, but you CAN get the same white as LED using halogen bulbs.
My Philips 5000K bulbs match the LED DRL perfectly.
And for £29 for four bulbs, I'm happy.
RS250PS
New

Post by RS250PS »

So, finally, I bought the Rolinger LEDs (H7 6000K with 50€) and no error came up! Their box is shown in the attached photos! Next week I will also post a photo of the car, with the oncoming LED fog-cornering lights, after I make sure that they do not show can bus errors.
Attachments
20200925_214344.jpg
20200925_214344.jpg (1.16 MiB) Viewed 2406 times
20200925_214406.jpg
20200925_214406.jpg (1.3 MiB) Viewed 2406 times
RS250PS
New

Post by RS250PS »

Hello to everyone again!
I finally turned my cornering lights to led, with these 6500K nighteye leds that I bought with 30€. No error shows up!
20200929_190105.jpg
20200929_190105.jpg (2.19 MiB) Viewed 2327 times
And now, with the 6000K leds in the headlights and the 6500K leds in the cornering-fog lights, the car looks like this.
I am absolutely satisfied!
Attachments
20200929_170013.jpg
20200929_170013.jpg (2.95 MiB) Viewed 2322 times
Andy Beats

Post by Andy Beats »

Looks good, but I'd prefer a reputable brand name - just for peace of mind.
Simonz
Bronze Member
Drives: 2023 Life TSI

Post by Simonz »

Andy Beats wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:19 pm Looks good, but I'd prefer a reputable brand name - just for peace of mind.
Yes it would be interesting to see how long they last, any overheating issues and if the light pattern is affected.
RS250PS
New

Post by RS250PS »

Well, in Greece, Rollinger is a really preferable brand name for LEDs. And of course they are not selling cheap products :lol: As for the fog lights, I think that they are the only option for LED fitting (by saying only option, I mean that it would not and DID NOT cause errors). The rollinger are already tested and last very long, as I have already put them in 2 more cars. The fog lights are those that I buy for the first time. And the time will tell! So far, I can tell that both of them shine very bright!
Andy Beats

Post by Andy Beats »

RS250PS wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:12 pm Well, in Greece, Rollinger is a really preferable brand name for LEDs. And of course they are not selling cheap products :lol: As for the fog lights, I think that they are the only option for LED fitting (by saying only option, I mean that it would not and DID NOT cause errors). The rollinger are already tested and last very long, as I have already put them in 2 more cars. The fog lights are those that I buy for the first time. And the time will tell! So far, I can tell that both of them shine very bright!
Never heard of Rollinger, but I was referring to 'nighteye'
Had a quick look on Amazon and their reviews aren't great.
I would prefer to wait until Osram/Philips came out with LED bulbs at a good price, they're too expensive right now.
Γιαννης.Δεσυλλας
New
Drives: POLO AW 1.0 95 PS TSI

Post by Γιαννης.Δεσυλλας »

RS250PS wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:12 pm Well, in Greece, Rollinger is a really preferable brand name for LEDs. And of course they are not selling cheap products :lol: As for the fog lights, I think that they are the only option for LED fitting (by saying only option, I mean that it would not and DID NOT cause errors). The rollinger are already tested and last very long, as I have already put them in 2 more cars. The fog lights are those that I buy for the first time. And the time will tell! So far, I can tell that both of them shine very bright!
Hello from Greece mate! Do both Rollinger and Nighteye leds you bought still work without problems or errors?
RS250PS
New

Post by RS250PS »

Hello fellow Greek!
Well, the Nighteye turning lights still work perfectly without problems and errors, not even once an error was shown! As for the Rollinger headlight leds, I changed the whole headlamps with the LEDs from the GTI polo and stopped using the Rollinger before 6 months... But in the 5 months I was using them, no error also came up.
I use Rollinger in another car (a Fiat Panda) for about 3 years and they haven't stopped working all these years.
In conclusion, both Rollinger and Nighteye are still suggested by me.
Instead, I don't suggest the aliexpress reverse light leds, because I bought a pair and some times they give me errors. Not every time, but some times.
Γιαννης.Δεσυλλας
New
Drives: POLO AW 1.0 95 PS TSI

Post by Γιαννης.Δεσυλλας »

RS250PS wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:20 pm Hello fellow Greek!
Well, the Nighteye turning lights still work perfectly without problems and errors, not even once an error was shown! As for the Rollinger headlight leds, I changed the whole headlamps with the LEDs from the GTI polo and stopped using the Rollinger before 6 months... But in the 5 months I was using them, no error also came up.
I use Rollinger in another car (a Fiat Panda) for about 3 years and they haven't stopped working all these years.
In conclusion, both Rollinger and Nighteye are still suggested by me.
Instead, I don't suggest the aliexpress reverse light leds, because I bought a pair and some times they give me errors. Not every time, but some times.
I see. That's good to know. I'm gonna go with your suggestions since this has been on my mind for too long but didn't want to get disappointed by choosing the "wrong" brand and getting errors :D
If you don't mind me asking, you eventually decided to go for the GTI original headlights as "the best" upgrade for the job?
william_
New
Drives: POLO 2G GTI

Post by william_ »

Only osram 64210DWNB, they have legal use in Germany and best light geometry. One minus is price.