CarPlay failure

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Leif
Silver Member
Drives: SE 95 PS

CarPlay failure

Post by Leif »

I have a 2018 Polo, 95 PS, and CarPlay disconnects after about 20 minutes, then when it reconnects, it repeatedly disconnects after a few seconds to a minute. My iPhone X worked fine in a Skoda loan car, and I’ve tried various apple cables, no joy. VW say there are no FW updates to apply. So I guess it must be a hardware fault. Anyone come across this scenario?

I’m guessing there is a poor connection somewhere. I don’t think it’s a software/firmware fault otherwise it would be commonplace. Is it hard to remove the dashboard to access the connectors behind the LCD?

I notified VW within warranty but I don’t think they made a note of it, and I assumed it was a software issue, so I doubt they will fix it within warranty. The car is now four years old.
pie1910
New
Drives: Match

Re: CarPlay failure

Post by pie1910 »

Hi Leif, I'm so glad I have come across your post!

I've also been having the same issue for around a month with my 2020 95PS Polo match and it has been driving my crazy. Upon plugging in my iPhone 12, it immediately disconnects, reconnects, disconnects etc.. I have tried a new cable to no avail, however when using my partners iphone it then works without an issue. My iPhone doesn't have any issues connecting to anything else via cable so it is unlikely an issue with the iPhone's port. I tried the 'forget this car' in the phones carplay settings which fixed the issue for almost a day. I have since tried to do this again to no avail.

Did you come across a fix?