Correct Injector for Polo CHYA engine

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Sasha70
New
Drives: MK5 6C

Correct Injector for Polo CHYA engine

Post by Sasha70 »

Good evening.
My daughter VW Polo has developed a fault misfiring on cylinder 2.
Coil pack and spark plugs been replaced and mechanic recommend to replace injector (£170 + labor)
I’m trying to purchase correct part for this engine but got confused.
It is 2014 VW Polo, 2015 model with 1.0 bluemotion engine, code CHYA.
According VW spare parts team - correct enjector is 04E906031F been replaced by 04E906031H in 2017.
But if I do a search for 04E906031H it is equal to 04E906031E.
Can I use any of mentioned injectors?
She still drive a car with this fault for few days now to commuting to work, only issue is start at traffic lights, over 2000 RPM engine work normally, I don’t believe that is injector fault.
Could you please help with recommendations.
Thank you.
CarbonChaos
Silver Member
Drives: 2015 6C GTI DSG Oryx white 3 door.

Re: Correct Injector for Polo CHYA engine

Post by CarbonChaos »

My advice to you would be to do a compression test next before buying anymore parts, test all 3 cylinders to check the engines health first
The ecu will log a misfire if the engine has a mechanical fault ie low compression,does it run poorly at idle but better with revs ?

The letter at the end of the part number are revisions,so A is the original,B is the first revision etc so H would be the latest revision
Sasha70
New
Drives: MK5 6C

Re: Correct Injector for Polo CHYA engine

Post by Sasha70 »

Good evening all.
Thank you for reply,
Mechanic who work at the car did checked compression and all looks good.
Injectors installed on this car is 04C906031D.
By swapping injectors didn’t move the fault.
But after swapping coil packs the fault moved with one coil pack, I did purchase new and replaced suspected coil pack and since that moment the problem gone, my daughter enjoying driving her car again.
Faulty newly installed coil pack was returned to the garage who installed them and refund been received.
One more question: original Bosch Coil packs are in good condition except rubber sleeve is damaged, Is it possible to purchase just rubber sleeves? Not complete Coil packs.
Best regards.