Any one ordered the new facelift GTI?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
steeve
Bronze Member
Drives: Mk10 GTI+

Re: Any one ordered the new facelift GTI?

Post by steeve »

Scottydoo45 wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:21 pm
steeve wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:11 am Scottydoo, would you please tell me if the front bumper has a recess for the registration plate like the previous model?

Wife has a private reg and we can get away with a smaller plate if there's no recess. It doesn't look as though there is one.

Same question for the rear please.

We now have a build date, week 19 so earlier than we thought.

Many thanks Steve
Back is no recess front is in that black housing, not sure if that's dealer added or normal....also there was a recall on all gtis, so mine currently does jot have an engine cover :?
Many thanks for that. Steve
steeve
Bronze Member

Post by steeve »

I think the Polo is made in Spain, along with the A1 and Seat. Normal time is 8 weeks to get to the dealer.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

steeve wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:42 am I think the Polo is made in Spain, along with the A1 and Seat. Normal time is 8 weeks to get to the dealer.
With the current generation Polo, left hand drive cars are built in Spain and right hand drive cars are built at VW’s Uitenhage plant in South Africa. So Polos for the UK market come from South Africa.
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

I think my 2010 and 2015 GTIs came from Spain and they arrived in no time. Obviously now it's South Africa and a long drawn out process.
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

johnpolo2 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:32 am I think my 2010 and 2015 GTIs came from Spain and they arrived in no time. Obviously now it's South Africa and a long drawn out process.
Yes, with the previous generation Polo, I seem to remember that all GTI’s (3 and 5 door cars) and three door non-GTI Polos were built in Spain, and five door models were built in South Africa.

With my previous car (a Spanish built 2016 Polo GTI) it took around three months from time of placing the order to the car being delivered to the dealership. How times have changed……….🤔. My current car (a South African built 2020 Polo GTI+) took just under seven months from time of placing the order to collecting the car.
steeve
Bronze Member

Post by steeve »

Is there a code to tell which plant your car was built in?
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

steeve wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:15 am Is there a code to tell which plant your car was built in?
There are various VIN code decipher tools on the internet that’ll enable you to determine such information as model of car, model year of car, where built etc. from the VIN. The 11th digit in the VIN code represents the factory that the vehicle was built at.

Try this one at the link below;

https://www.clubvw.org.au/vwreference/vwvin/
worsy
New
Drives: The wife's 2022 Polo GTI.

Post by worsy »

Just made some changes to my order:

Removed comfort seats reverting to the standard ones.
Added Rear view camera, spare wheel and heated seats. (other options, Mobile prep, keyless, driver assistance, 18" alloys)

BW has moved from 30 to 23, having ordered in Nov.
ad_182_uk
Bronze Member
Drives: 19plate AW GTI+ / (9n3 GTI gone)

Post by ad_182_uk »

Hello.

After deliberating over a used Fiesta ST3 and a new Hyundai i20n i got what i think was a good deal with coast2coast who took about 3k off VW pricing and made it cheaper than either if those from new. Seems a bit too good to be true seeing as the polonis 2l and 7 speed dsg, hoping its no lesser of a car vs the other two.

I went with reef blue with the non red interior inserts.
18’s
Heated jacara seats
Rev cam and driving assist package
Induction charging
Keyless

Errrm thats it i think. Assume it comes with stainless GTI door sills as standard? Hopefully the dealer can provide some footwell matts too?

I wanted the beats systen but it was no longer available, although from reading on here it could be better just upgrade aftermarket and maybe save some dosh?

Also, it’s a shame theres no heated steering wheel like in the competitors. Colour was a sticking point, everyone i showed liked the blue though. White looks okay but would if prefered a pearl, grey is a bit meh, black i have had twice on VW’s and although nice when clean its hard work. Then the red looks great in certain light but poor in others.

Hopefully i have made the right choice :oops:
SRGTD

Post by SRGTD »

ad_182_uk wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:48 pm Hello.

After deliberating over a used Fiesta ST3 and a new Hyundai i20n i got what i think was a good deal with coast2coast who took about 3k off VW pricing and made it cheaper than either if those from new. Seems a bit too good to be true seeing as the polonis 2l and 7 speed dsg, hoping its no lesser of a car vs the other two.

I went with reef blue with the non red interior inserts.
18’s
Heated jacara seats
Rev cam and driving assist package
Induction charging
Keyless

Errrm thats it i think. Assume it comes with stainless GTI door sills as standard? Hopefully the dealer can provide some footwell matts too?

I wanted the beats systen but it was no longer available, although from reading on here it could be better just upgrade aftermarket and maybe save some dosh?

Also, it’s a shame theres no heated steering wheel like in the competitors. Colour was a sticking point, everyone i showed liked the blue though. White looks okay but would if prefered a pearl, grey is a bit meh, black i have had twice on VW’s and although nice when clean its hard work. Then the red looks great in certain light but poor in others.

Hopefully i have made the right choice :oops:
The GTI does have stainless GTI sill scuff plates on the driver’s and front passenger sills (none on the rear door sills). You shouldn’t have to ask the dealer for mats - they’re part of the standard spec, so make sure they’re in the car when you take delivery.
0D37A7C3-7577-4371-B505-A46FF492A08A.jpeg
0D37A7C3-7577-4371-B505-A46FF492A08A.jpeg (66.35 KiB) Viewed 1369 times
As for the Beats sound system - I don’t have it in my pre-facelift GTI+ and I’ve read that it’s quite bass-heavy and the volume needs to be turned up fairly loud to fully appreciate it, so there’s probably a good chance it would induce unwanted rattles and vibrations from the hard plastic door cards. IMHO with other noise sources in a car (e.g. wind, engine, tyre, passengers), a car’s interior isn’t the best listening environment for music, so the standard set-up works fine for me.

I’m sure you’ll be fine without a heated steering wheel. I’ve been driving for well over 40 years and have never felt the need for one 🙂.

The wait begins…………..
ad_182_uk
Bronze Member

Post by ad_182_uk »

SRGTD wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:18 pm The GTI does have stainless GTI sill scuff plates on the driver’s and front passenger sills (none on the rear door sills). You shouldn’t have to ask the dealer for mats - they’re part of the standard spec, so make sure they’re in the car when you take delivery.

0D37A7C3-7577-4371-B505-A46FF492A08A.jpeg

As for the Beats sound system - I don’t have it in my pre-facelift GTI+ and I’ve read that it’s quite bass-heavy and the volume needs to be turned up fairly loud to fully appreciate it, so there’s probably a good chance it would induce unwanted rattles and vibrations from the hard plastic door cards. IMHO with other noise sources in a car (e.g. wind, engine, tyre, passengers), a car’s interior isn’t the best listening environment for music, so the standard set-up works fine for me.

I’m sure you’ll be fine without a heated steering wheel. I’ve been driving for well over 40 years and have never felt the need for one 🙂.

The wait begins…………..
ok brill thanks for the info. Am i right in thinking that any Iphone type device would have to be plugged in to achieve car play? It won't wirelessly mirror?

Do the new Polo's still have the weird sound generators that want turning off / down loads? The only experience I ever had of one of these was in an early golf R and it just sounded dodgy when cruising.
MikeDO
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI 2022 (white)

Post by MikeDO »

Heated steering wheels are one of those options that you tend to appreciate once you've had one. Prior to my last three cars (2x Focus ST's & I30N) I also used to think a heated steering wheel was a bit of a gimmick. Once the Polo turns up, I think I shall miss it now. Not a deal breaker though, as I commented to the car dealer. Funny really, as you can get one on the Golf.
ad_182_uk
Bronze Member

Post by ad_182_uk »

MikeDO wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:47 pm Heated steering wheels are one of those options that you tend to appreciate once you've had one. Prior to my last three cars (2x Focus ST's & I30N) I also used to think a heated steering wheel was a bit of a gimmick. Once the Polo turns up, I think I shall miss it now. Not a deal breaker though, as I commented to the car dealer. Funny really, as you can get one on the Golf.
Yeah i guess the polo cant have all the golf bits! Annoying you can still spec upgraded speakers on the UP! But not thr GTI as well.

I opted for keyless, sort of blindly really… assume its safe and not like the horror stolen car stories? Car is usually parked very close to the front door and keys tend to be close to there as well.
S_94
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI+

Post by S_94 »

ad_182_uk wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:04 pm
MikeDO wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:47 pm Heated steering wheels are one of those options that you tend to appreciate once you've had one. Prior to my last three cars (2x Focus ST's & I30N) I also used to think a heated steering wheel was a bit of a gimmick. Once the Polo turns up, I think I shall miss it now. Not a deal breaker though, as I commented to the car dealer. Funny really, as you can get one on the Golf.
Yeah i guess the polo cant have all the golf bits! Annoying you can still spec upgraded speakers on the UP! But not thr GTI as well.

I opted for keyless, sort of blindly really… assume its safe and not like the horror stolen car stories? Car is usually parked very close to the front door and keys tend to be close to there as well.
There's a small indent on the driver's and passenger handle. If you lock the car and push that indent the keyless entry stops working. Pretty sure you can just push the indent to lock the car as well (without using the fob) and again it stops listening for the keyless signal.
ad_182_uk
Bronze Member

Post by ad_182_uk »

One really odd question. Does the new GTI have the sunglasses holder in the roof? The all important question after all ;-)