Any one ordered the new facelift GTI?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Re: Any one ordered the new facelift GTI?

Post by johnpolo2 »

I have used the keyfob to open the windows. On my 2015 GTI it also fully opened the sunroof. This looked cool as you approached the car on a sunny day as the roof and windows opened.
Unfortunately my 2019 model with fob only pops the sunroof up or down and doesn't slide back and forth. I wonder why, has that saved them money. Curious.
Be interesting what the 2022 model does.
ad_182_uk
Bronze Member
Drives: 19plate AW GTI+ / (9n3 GTI gone)

Post by ad_182_uk »

Just had news from the dealer than Polo Gti’s appear to be pushing through quicker than expected. Closer to 20 weeks than 30. Lets hope that holds true.
AndyGTi
Bronze Member

Post by AndyGTi »

Hi All

I will be coming back to the Polo Clan as I've ordered a GTI this week (failed to get in last week before price rise, as the mobile let me down...voicemail saying ring me back before 12noon didn't appear until 4pm on the vital day and by then it was too late).

I have gone for Reef Blue, Heated Seats, Rear Camera and Spare Wheel and Deep Iron inserts to tone down interior.

They estimated 12months, but if @ad_182_uk's dealer is on the money, then it would be later in the year... Excellent
Jakeyw
New
Drives: GTI

Post by Jakeyw »

Been told May delivery date now. Do Volkswagen do any polo gti branded mats?
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Jakeyw wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 10:25 am Do Volkswagen do any polo gti branded mats?
Don’t think so - in the pre-facelift GTI / GTI+, the mats do have red stitching around the edges, but they don’t have a GTI logo on them - I assume the facelift GTI gets the same mats.

IMHO VW’s carpet mats aren’t particularly good quality and the driver’s mat soon shows signs of wear. If you want mats with a GTI logo, you’re probably better to get a set of customised mats from a company like https://www.carmats4u.com/. I’ve never bought from them so can’t vouch for the quality / durability of their products. However, theyhave a range of mats at different prices using different quality of carpet (rubber mats are also available), and you can customise them to your requirements - e.g. you can choose the colour of the carpet, edging material, the colour of the stitching and you can have text applied (e.g. stitched into the mat, applied badge). They also use VW OEM fixings to secure them in place in the car.

Link below is for their ‘exclusive’ mats.
https://www.carmats4u.com/tailored-car- ... wards.html

And link for all their mats for the AW model Polo;
https://www.carmats4u.com/tailored-car- ... wards.html
Jakeyw
New
Drives: GTI

Post by Jakeyw »

Great thanks!
ad_182_uk
Bronze Member
Drives: 19plate AW GTI+ / (9n3 GTI gone)

Post by ad_182_uk »

AndyGTi wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:59 pm Hi All

I will be coming back to the Polo Clan as I've ordered a GTI this week (failed to get in last week before price rise, as the mobile let me down...voicemail saying ring me back before 12noon didn't appear until 4pm on the vital day and by then it was too late).

I have gone for Reef Blue, Heated Seats, Rear Camera and Spare Wheel and Deep Iron inserts to tone down interior.

They estimated 12months, but if @ad_182_uk's dealer is on the money, then it would be later in the year... Excellent
Lets hope so. Did you get any dealer contribution? (assuming the car was financed of course). I think I may of missed the price hike as I originally put an order in via coast2coast but their system missed off the drivers assistance pack that I optioned -_-

…So I had to put another order through since the first order was locked after a week as it had already been set in motion.

Anyway, dealer contribution went up £250 and coast2coast gave up £100 off their commision for the post price rise order, I suppose that hopefully negated the 0.4% apr increase.

Although (and this is probably the wrong place to say it) but the GR86 order books open Monday …
AndyGTi
Bronze Member

Post by AndyGTi »

Jakeyw wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 10:25 am Been told May delivery date now. Do Volkswagen do any polo gti branded mats?
Ah so that would be about 6-7months for you. That’s good to know

There’s another company that do mats called Autostyle. I have a set of their mats in my current car. I’m certainly happy so far but mats are still very new. I got red stitching around the edge and the logo on them too.

I was planning on asking for new set for the Polo with red stitching and was going to get the GTI logo set across so they could hopefully add as well. They are ok adding logos which haven’t got trademark, so I think GTI is fine but VW would be an issue.
AndyGTi
Bronze Member

Post by AndyGTi »

ad_182_uk wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:54 pm
AndyGTi wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:59 pm Hi All

Lets hope so. Did you get any dealer contribution? (assuming the car was financed of course). I think I may of missed the price hike as I originally put an order in via coast2coast but their system missed off the drivers assistance pack that I optioned -_-

…So I had to put another order through since the first order was locked after a week as it had already been set in motion.

Anyway, dealer contribution went up £250 and coast2coast gave up £100 off their commision for the post price rise order, I suppose that hopefully negated the 0.4% apr increase.

Although (and this is probably the wrong place to say it) but the GR86 order books open Monday …
Hi

The GR86 does look great and might be tempted but need to be practical and have 5 dr. Also, I know RWD is purest form but think I prefer FWD or 4WD for my road cars.lol

No I haven’t gone for finance as didn’t want to get involved this time, so thought I’d keep it simple. I went through Drivethedeal and will upset my local dealer as he was chasing me after I enquired about a test drive(it was going to be old pre facelift anyway).

I was going to be open minded and try GTI, i20N and Mini JCW however in the end I just decided Mini wasn’t practical, i20N might be fun but too focussed with firm ride. So as reviews always say Polo is sensible everyday choice but you can still have a bit of fun too with it. Also decided I should just get into queue rather than spend a few weeks deciding and then reach same conclusion.

Glad to hear you’ve got a bit of mitigation on the price rise with increased contribution and a bit of dealer commission. As SRGTD said the new Polo is certainly shot up in price over a relatively short period. I found the old August 21 pricelist and it had GTI+ at £25,450 and now it’s £27,805 ( I appreciate there was facelift and a few extra spec now included but less keyless( which I was happy with).

I was wondering if there might be any MY23 changes to my advantage when it comes to May/June. So we’ll have to see.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

AndyGTi wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:09 am No I haven’t gone for finance as didn’t want to get involved this time, so thought I’d keep it simple. I went through Drivethedeal and will upset my local dealer as he was chasing me after I enquired about a test drive(it was going to be old pre facelift anyway).
If VW are offering any incentives to take PCP finance, it’s always worth going for the PCP even if you don’t want it as you can withdraw from the finance agreement within the 14 day cooling off period under UK Consumer legislation, pay off the amount financed and you get to keep the incentives.

When I bought my GTI+ back in 2020, VW’s finance deposit contribution at the time was £1,250. I took the PCP but withdrew from the agreement three days after taking delivery of the car. I only paid a nominal daily interest charge of £2.07 per day for those three days, so it cost me 3 x £2.07 = £6.21 total interest charges for £1,250 free money, and with the discount I negotiated with the dealer off the car’s list price, I saved around 16% overall.

I see VW’s PCP finance contribution on the Polo is currently £750, so it’s worth considering taking the finance, withdrawing and paying it off within the cooling off period and keeping the £750.
AndyGTi
Bronze Member

Post by AndyGTi »

Thanks SRGTD

Yes I tried that trick when I got my Golf and got £1250, although I wasn’t quite so quick on the payback but still made a big saving.
I just don’t want the form filling, credit check and then having to arrange pay back once I have car. I already have a loan, so that is what I meant by just keeping it simple.

But yes it is a good tip to take if you can and certainly avoiding paying the VWFS interest rates
MikeDO
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI 2022 (white)

Post by MikeDO »

Just got the following from my VW dealer:

"Hi Mike , the Polo is now showing at a fixed build week of 22 , still a bit away but progress none the less."

Could still slip I suppose. But at least it's starting to look like (as someone commented above), that Polo's are coming through a bit quicker than some other models (EG. the Golf).

Fingers crossed.
AndyGTi
Bronze Member

Post by AndyGTi »

MikeDO wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:58 pm Just got the following from my VW dealer:

"Hi Mike , the Polo is now showing at a fixed build week of 22 , still a bit away but progress none the less."

Could still slip I suppose. But at least it's starting to look like (as someone commented above), that Polo's are coming through a bit quicker than some other models (EG. the Golf).

Fingers crossed.
Hi Mike

That is interesting to hear and sounds good as I know you wanted in a reasonable time. I've ordered quite similar spec to you, I think its colour and 18in wheels that you have different to me.

Anyway, I got a standard (order letter) from broker over weekend and it didn't mention "deep iron inserts". I thought I know the original document had it written down but everytime in life I've thought "no it'll be ok as its mentioned and they know what they are doing", it normally goes wrong. So I emailed to say, just wanted to double check you ordered with deep iron inserts.

So with a metaphor roll of eyes, they sent me a screen shot of the order which was just as had been discussed. But also mentioned, status

It was status 10 (and in blue "With Production Week"
Current Build Date 202224 (which I presume is Wk24 mid June)
original Build date 202224

I was thinking that is just the basic throw it into the system date and it'll move back as production nears. Just done a quick search and so Status 10 seems to be at the start of process and 15 - 20 indicate its going to production or production complete. With 30 to 50 (arrive at port, arrived/ing at dealer)

If yours is fixed week, I think that is very promising.
MikeDO
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI 2022 (white)

Post by MikeDO »

AndyGTI

I've replied to my dealers Email and inquired what the actual order status is. I'm hoping it's 20.

TBC

Edit.

This looks to be a list of the codes:

VW Status Codes

00 = Assigned to factory order no production week scheduled
10 = Factory ordered with production week scheduled
20 = Factory ordered production week confirmed
30 = In transit from factory
36 = Vehicle in port of exit – not released
38 = Vehicle in port of exit – released to shipping
39 = Vehicle on ship
40 = Vehicle arrival at UK port
60 = Dispatched to Dealer
70 = Vehicle arrived at Dealer
AndyGTi
Bronze Member

Post by AndyGTi »

@MikeDO

Hopefully the dealer replies with that news and status 20.

Thanks for the list that is really helpful.

Thanks