Newbie with a 2016 6C with a few issues.

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Lordormsby
New
Drives: Polo 6C 1.2 TSi DSG

Newbie with a 2016 6C with a few issues.

Post by Lordormsby »

Hello people. First time post so hopefully you guys can help me.

I recently bought a 2016 1.2 TSi 7 speed DSG ex JDM Polo as my daily run around and it has a few little issues that I am looking to get some help with. This car has quite a high spec and has LED headlamps as standard which is issue number one. The main beam on the drivers side points to the ground after the lamps do all their fancy start up tricks. Has anyone experienced this and what is the fix?
Issue two is JDM related. Because its a Japanese Domestic Market car, the radio doesn't work in Europe so it has been changed along the way for a cheap generic thing which seems to be Android based. This wont let my iPhone do very much which is a pain but it does all the basic stuff including the reversing camera. Can anyone recommend a decent unit that will give me Car Play and all the other stuff and correctly link into the car?
Finally, issue three is an odd one. I was driving it home the other day and the computer readout between the dials set themselves to German from English and trying to get the language back has me stumped. Can anyone help with that?

Thanks people
grahams
New
Drives: JDM Polo 6c Highline, 981 Cayman

Re: Newbie with a 2016 6C with a few issues.

Post by grahams »

Hey,

I also have a JDM highline polo of the same age.

I highly recommend getting both Carly and OBDEleven pro.

OBD Eleven Job in central electrics
For the LED Headlamps you probably need to enter the basic settings https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSt2JjFMDbA, failing that the manual adjustment might have been fiddled with in the past.

I can't recommend you a radio but fitted a full OEM system into mine, it was a lot of work but by far the best solution and will give you full carplay functionality. https://www.clubpolo.co.uk/topic/359305 ... e-6c-polo/

Not sure about the clock language, I can't see an option for that in my dash. An english users manual would be a good place to start as I found non-cosmetic modification support for the 6c is quite lacking
Lordormsby
New
Drives: Polo 6C 1.2 TSi DSG

Re: Newbie with a 2016 6C with a few issues.

Post by Lordormsby »

Hey thanks for your reply. I'm not great with electronics but Ill give anything a try!

I have a feeling that the LED lights have been fiddled with so I might nip into my local VW dealer and see if they can help. I read your brilliant link on the infotainment unit and I think I'll leave it as it is. I'll install some USB ports and get a phone cradle and use Waze and not bother with the nav system thats there.