Any one ordered the new facelift GTI?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
KayakerPaul
Getting There!
Drives: R line - if it arrives

Re: Any one ordered the new facelift GTI?

Post by KayakerPaul »

We have this on our kombi, and now and again when passing parked cars, if another car is on the other side of the road the same time, it can catch you out.
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

The new car will be welcome.
The actuator in my petrol flap is very temperamental. Rapid firing of the fob while pressing it open does eventually sort it.
Started to play up 3 weeks out of warranty, sods law. Took it to VW twice for them to open it.
I know it's not expensive but I'm not paying to have it fixed with the car about to go.
Do have something else to drive around in so if one day it's really broken then the car will sit on the drive until px day.
steeve
Bronze Member
Drives: Mk10 GTI+

Post by steeve »

SRGTD wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:51 am
steeve wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:00 am Thankfully after a nightmare six months we are free of our Polo Gti order. Even though it took over four weeks to get our refundable deposit back after them inputting incorrect bank details.
We were sad to have to cancel but over the ten months from ordering not once did the dealer people get in touch with us with any progress or delivery news. We always had to contact them, even then in the majority of cases our contact went unanswered. We'd asked for a monthly update but....Towards the end we had no contact for over two months and literally had no clue when or if the car would arrive. Our main worry was that that if they behave like this what chance have we got should we have problems?
It would have been my wife's second GTi. It had really soured the joy and thrill of getting a new car.

She picks up her new Mini Cooper S five door on September the 1st. The contact from Mini Leicester has been superb and their willingness to bend over backwards amazing.
Good old fashioned customer service counts for a lot IMHO and can mean the difference between repeat business or the customer going elsewhere.

I had a poor experience with a very mediocre VW salesperson when I bought my previous Polo GTI back in 2016, which made me think twice about ordering another VW. The best VW salesperson experience I had was when I bought my Golf GTD back in 2011 - there were quite lengthy build delays at the time, and (from memory) from about two months after placing the order, the salesperson contacted me every two weeks without fail and gave me an update - even if there was nothing to update me with; IMHO an excellent example of managing customer expectations and keeping the customer informed. That salesperson no longer works for a VW dealership but is still selling cars.

I’d be very interested to hear how your wife gets on the Mini Cooper as I’m seriously considering moving to Mini for my next car, so please don’t be a stranger on the forum. I won’t be changing my current GTI+ for three years or so, so it’ll be the next generation Mini by then and I’ll probably be making the switch to the Mini Electric.

Good luck with the Mini and I look forward to reading about what you and your wife think of it 🙂.
I've had all sorts of cars over the years since I've been driving, from my first car, a Triumph Herald 1200 through Golf R32, Subaru STI' Prodrive, Audi S3, Golf R and MKiii Focus RS etc. I now have a Mini Cooper S JCW and find it the most fun car I've ever had. We've been to a load of various Mini events and find the owners extremely friendly and great fun. The Mini dealers (BMW) are unbelievably supportive and helpful, we have a Mini factory tour booked for tomorrow. My wife has had around five or so Mini's and she is so relieved that we can leave the aggravation of dealing with the local VW dealer behind. Over the past few years there have been ongoing issues with them. Wife's last GTI they re-registered her brand new Polo GTI to the people that bought her trade in, we had been driving round unknowingly with no tax, consequently no insurance and without title to the car for several weeks. We had to take the GTI off the road for a few weeks because not being keepers we weren't able to tax it. My son has recently been involved in a legal wrangle with them, he has two VW vehicles and they would not stand by the warranty when he had an engine failure due to a faulty part they fitted during a service! A few years back we bought our daughter a new Polo, they screwed up on that too with my daughter driving around with no insurance.
So we will simply never buy another VAG vehicle.
Jakeyw
New
Drives: GTI

Post by Jakeyw »

Mine didn’t come with an engine cover. They fobbed off my gf saying new cars don’t come with one. Could someone please take a pic just so I can show them that’s bs. Thanks.
Metman888
New
Drives: 2022 Polo GTi

Post by Metman888 »

Jakeyw wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:45 pm Mine didn’t come with an engine cover. They fobbed off my gf saying new cars don’t come with one. Could someone please take a pic just so I can show them that’s bs. Thanks.
Picked mine up on the 19th of this month. Mine wasn't a factory order though by me, It was a car from stock, i only waited 10 days from initial enquiry to collection. I guess its possible mine was built before the recall and should have had the cover removed, I'm not sure how to find out when mine was actually built.

edit:

After some poking around it seems theres a revised part number which is 06Q-103-925-L. Ive just taken mine off and had a look and that number is indeed stamped on the bottom of it and it was manufactured on the 10th April 22 according to the date stamp.

link for info on VWROC https://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/4217 ... ent-632370

pic of my covers number

Hope this helps.
worsy
New
Drives: The wife's 2022 Polo GTI.

Post by worsy »

If anyone is interested in a stock car, drive the Deal has one available.

VOLKSWAGEN POLO HATCHBACK 2.0 TSI GTI 5DR DSG
BEAT THE WAITING LIST, THIS VOLKSWAGEN POLO GTI IS IN STOCK AND READY TO GO...

Brand new unregistered Volkswagen Polo GTI. You will be the first registered keeper and will deal with the Volkswagen dealer directly once an order is placed.

Car is available for quick delivery in Special solid - Pure white with Titan Black Jacara cloth and decorative inserts in deep iron.

In addition to the standard specification, this stock vehicle comes equipped with the following factory-fitted options

Panoramic sunroof
Discover navigation pro system including streaming and internet with 9.2" colour touch screen, 3D map view and Traffic sign recognition
Beats sound system (Very rare option, now no longer available to order)
18" Faro black diamond turned alloy wheels
Bearmode
New
Drives: 2019 R-line

Post by Bearmode »

Picking up my car on Saturday! Waited an extra week for the 72 plate :D will have been around 5 months from order to pickup
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

@bearmode enjoy. Mine has arrived at the dealership but not collecting until next Tuesday. Bit disappointed I’ve had no pics like last time! :lol: :lol:
Philip GTI
New
Drives: Gti

Post by Philip GTI »

How would any new owners rate the polo GTI
It seems to get lowish ratings from the car press.
They seem to think it is not a great hot hatch but for me I just want a reasonably fast automatic small car and not interested in tearing round corners and making a load of noise!
johnpolo2
Gold Member
Drives: Polo GTI 2022

Post by johnpolo2 »

Oh it's the same old ding dong. They always bang on about the Fiesta ST and that the Polo sits in the shadow of the Golf GTI. Of course they're not going to make it better than a Golf because why would you then get the Golf when the Polo was much cheaper. If you want real thrills then the Fiesta and Hyundais get the vote with the motoring journos but if you want a comfortable everyday fast cruiser then the Polo is highlighted. I've always felt that you can be any age in a Polo GTI but not so with the Fiesta.
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

Philip GTI wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:24 am How would any new owners rate the polo GTI
They seem to think it is not a great hot hatch but for me I just want a reasonably fast automatic small car and not interested in tearing round corners and making a load of noise!
The majority of the reviews I’ve seen they say the i20N and the fiesta st are better. I’ve driven all three and sure, the other two are more fun than the polo. However I wouldn’t like to live with the other two day to day as I found they’re much firmer, noisier, feel cheaper to sit in and I know the polo isn’t bad on long journeys with the dsg from my previous gti plus.

It depends what you want. If you’re willing to drive a manual only, firmer car and just want fun then the polo is the worst choice. If you want a hot hatch you can have a little fun in but is easy to live with, the polo gti is the best one in my opinion.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

lancslad1985 wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 5:16 am
Philip GTI wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:24 am How would any new owners rate the polo GTI
The majority of the reviews I’ve seen they say the i20N and the fiesta st are better. I’ve driven all three and sure, the other two are more fun than the polo. However I wouldn’t like to live with the other two day to day as I found they’re much firmer, noisier, feel cheaper to sit in and I know the polo isn’t bad on long journeys with the dsg from my previous gti plus.

It depends what you want. If you’re willing to drive a manual only, firmer car and just want fun then the polo is the worst choice. If you want a hot hatch you can have a little fun in but is easy to live with, the polo gti is the best one in my opinion.
Agree - compared to other cars in its class, it’s probably the best all rounder and the easiest to live with on a day to day basis. It does everything pretty well and nothing badly, it’s happy being used for normal everyday tasks and rewards the driver when they want to have a little fun. IMHO it’ll never be the winner in an all-out head to head contest in the hands of the motoring press, but their primary - if not sole - interest will be out and out performance rather than living with the car on a day to day basis.

That probably sums up the Golf GTI too 🙂.
steeve
Bronze Member
Drives: Mk10 GTI+

Post by steeve »

What a poor quality moulding that is! Under normal circumstances that would not have been used.
MikeDO
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI 2022 (white)

Post by MikeDO »

Just had an Email from the dealer saying that my car has arrived in the UK.
Pretty sure it came in last Saturday morning.
So not long now.
Nice to have some +ve news at the moment smile
brainbow
Bronze Member
Drives: 72 Plate Facelift GTI

Post by brainbow »

Collecting my new GTI 9.30 tomorrow morning.

Upgrading from an R Line 115 so super looking forward to getting it. First DSG, so should be interesting. First GTI also.

Will check for Engine cover and post a piccy :D