Polo 1.0tsi DSG Performance

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Polo72
New
Drives: Polo Life 1.0 Tsi

Polo 1.0tsi DSG Performance

Post by Polo72 »

Hi

Has anyone got the 1.0 Tsi Polo Dsg 95bhp?

How does the auto work with the 95bhp engine ? Is it sluggish?

Thanks
Tom
arkay
New
Drives: Polo Life DSG (95 PS) in Stormy Grey

Re: Polo 1.0tsi DSG Performance

Post by arkay »

Hi Tom
I have had a Polo Life with the DSG for 6 months now and I find it really good. The 95 PS engine is more than adequate and the DSG works well with this engine - I don’t find it sluggish - I do generally switch off the stop/start and that helps at junctions and roundabouts. I have been very pleased with the fuel economy as well, averaging 54 mpg over 3000 miles of mixed driving, some of it at higher speeds.

The Life model is actually very well equipped. You would like the traffic assist which allows semi-autonomous driving - very useful on long motorway trips, although it also works well in town/slow moving traffic. The lane assist on some cars can be a bit aggressive and annoying but it works well on the Polo.

Might be an idea to get a test drive if you can. Would you be making a factory order? If so, I’m sure there would be advice on here on possible extras to add.
Polo72
New
Drives: Polo Life 1.0 Tsi

Post by Polo72 »

Hi

So I’ve been to test drive one tonight and yeah it’s alright for what it is considering it’s a 1.0ltr. I currently have a 5 speed manual and I’ll admit the auto doesn’t seem as lively as the manual maybe it just doesn’t rev as much before it changes where as the manual I make that decision but over all yeah seemed good. Gear changes seem smooth enough. How do you find the gear changes ?

Tom
arkay
New
Drives: Polo Life DSG (95 PS) in Stormy Grey

Post by arkay »

Hi again Tom
I find the gear changes fine. As I said, switching off the stop/start feature helps take-off at roundabouts and junctions. Nudging the DSG gear leave back into Sport mode gets it going a bit better as it holds the gears a bit longer. I’m not a fan of the paddles beside the steering wheel but others have said they help to improve responsiveness.
Overall though I am very impressed with the car as it is refined, smooth and economical.
Steve_2019
Bronze Member
Drives: VW Polo SEL DSG 2019

Post by Steve_2019 »

I got the 1.0tsi 115bhp DSG and I find it ok not sluggish at all. Only time I have found it a bit lagging is when overtaking on A road but I do forget the DSG has got sports mode so if I used that it be better for overtaking. But from that it’s a good engine.

I find the gear changes smooth. The only thing I have found on mine anyway is when you pull away when the engine is cold I get a slight vibration but is goes away when the car as warmed up. It’s been like that since new and 32k miles it’s still the same.
J+silva
Bronze Member
Drives: polo conf.

Post by J+silva »

I have a 1.0 with 95 hp from 2019 and the engine is very good